hazetrixstudio

May 30, 2018
Hey there guys. I have a question: On the action list i find Boobjob but in the game i couldnt find it. Its still under developement?

P.s.: Im about to make a big mod with loads of scenes, actions and jobs and it will be called as Job Overhaul.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Imagine you have an actor in a scene, that scene is followed up by other scenes

PassOn(Actor)
followUp(nextscene)
SceneEnd()

In nextscene.lpscene:
WHO = getSpecific(PassedOn)

This way you can use follow up and carry over a NPC to the next scene
AssignResidents()
Does the PassOn scheme only support passing 1 actor between the scenes? Passing multiple actors not supported?

@Akkarin69: Next version I will add female-on-male aggressive animations. Then another update soon I will (finally, long overdue really) add strapon to the game, which will open up strapon femdom etc
Does female-on-female aggressive animation planned? What about trans, still have to wait for strapon animations?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hey there guys. I have a question: On the action list i find Boobjob but in the game i couldnt find it. Its still under developement?

P.s.: Im about to make a big mod with loads of scenes, actions and jobs and it will be called as Job Overhaul.
The mod sounds interesting :) Thank you for your interest in playing and modding the game.
I haven't implemented anything related to boobjobs in the game

Does the PassOn scheme only support passing 1 actor between the scenes? Passing multiple actors not supported?

Does female-on-female aggressive animation planned? What about trans, still have to wait for strapon animations?
female on female agressive animations will be in the next version too - just like how v1.21 was 'incest expansion', v1.22 will be non-consensual expansion
More trans animations will probably come with the strapon update, yes
PassOn is only for one actor for now as that's all I need for this update, but expanding it to pass on more actors should be quite easy

Reactions: n1ck

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So, midgets and unicorns? When? lol, just kidding :p

Oh and every house need a sex dungeon with a rack and toys too! :p

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
Under the character view where it has relationships is it possible to chance it like for an example "Mom married Dad"?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Under the character view where it has relationships is it possible to chance it like for an example "Mom married Dad"?
The relationship stat measures the level of that character's relationship to the player. That goes to the rapport stat also.

If you need to create/edit some stat, check out the LPSTAT modding guide, and *.lpstat files. See also the "Incestuous Tension" stat is actually part of the incest mod, not the base game. This means you can add any stat you like. To make it work however, you need to write some scenes/events to support it.

Reactions: R0y

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Warning: Rant :p

I dream about LifePlay supporting player profiles. What do I mean by that?

I have 2 player characters, one male (Marc), and one female (Eve), all playing in the same map. Everytime I want to switch player, I have to backup the saves from 1 player, then restore the other. Cos the game uses 2 locations for save game (one in the user folder, and one in the game folder) this is a bit of a hassle.

I wish at game start, we can create a profile, say 1 profile for Marc, and another for Eve. The save games for each profiles are separate. This way, I can switch characters without the hassle of moving around the save games.

As the extension of the profile idea, is linked profiles. Marc is playing in Nice map. He has a GF, work colleague, classmates, and other acquaintances. Then I created Eve, also playing in Nice map. Rather than a completely new profile, I mark Eve's as linked to Marc's. This means Eve would be playing in the same map as Marc. Just selecting the same city won't suffice, cos the game will randomly assign some buildings at the start of the game. Playing in the same map means that the map saved in the linked profile (Marc's) is used, cos who knows the other profile already taken some businesses.

Linked profiles also means that NPC's already generated in one profile make appearance in the other profile. Example, Marc's GF appears in Eve's game as colleague. The player character in one profile also can appear in the other as NPC. Example, Eve can seduce Marc to leave his GF. Another example, Eve took over a business, then Marc applies for a job in her business, got accepted, have an affair with her. Or another, Eve has a romantic relationship with someone who turns out to be Marc's landlord. The possibilities are endless.

Oh, how I dream for such feature...

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
This means Eve would be playing in the same map as Marc. Just selecting the same city won't suffice, cos the game will randomly assign some buildings at the start of the game.
Others have suggested along these lines, especially the Sims players on LoversLab because obviously you can play multiple characters at the same time. It's interesting but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I'll look into it.
About city, actually randomized buildings are saved centrally and there is only ever one version of each map that your game loads whenever you load a save, if you go into C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames , there should be a Nice.sav file there - both Marc and Eve saves will use this same file.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Others have suggested along these lines, especially the Sims players on LoversLab because obviously you can play multiple characters at the same time. It's interesting but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I'll look into it.
About city, actually randomized buildings are saved centrally and there is only ever one version of each map that your game loads whenever you load a save, if you go into C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames , there should be a Nice.sav file there - both Marc and Eve saves will use this same file.
That was one fun aspect of the Sims though, you could just create some sims, set them up and let them live their life's and you just became some sort of peeping tom watching. All the weird personalities and then spice it up with like oniky's mod etc..

Idk how well such simulated "life" would work for characters you would populate LifePlay with though. and how they would interact with each other. Interesting thought though.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Keeping fingers crossed.... ;)

Actually, the way map saving works is why I start thinking about profiles. Currently, if I make 2 player characters playing the same city, without backing up 1st, and I don't want them to be "linked", it's impossible, cos the map will be overwritten by starting a new game with the 2nd character.

Idk how well such simulated "life" would work for characters you would populate LifePlay with though. and how they would interact with each other. Interesting thought though.
Actually, the new proactive family scenes opens up new possibilities. What if the "AssignResidents()" be extended to detect the actual WHERE clause and act accordingly. Each types building then can have proactive scenes. But that alone is not enough.

Consider the "naked_with_doctor" scene. The doctor and nurse in that scene are temporarily generated every time the scene fires. I've modded that scene so that the doctor and nurse are regular NPCs. Part of the motivation is I don't see a way to have doctor and/or nurse contacts apart from actually working in the medical industry.

But I ran into a logical problem. There are multiple hospitals and clinics in the map. Suppose by way of the modified "naked_with_doctor" scene I got the contacts of doctor A and nurse B. Then I go to another clinic, and the scene fires again, starring doctor A and nurse B. That would suggest that doctor A and nurse B works all over the place.

I'm thinking, what if every NPC can be assigned an apartment to live, an somewhere to work. That solve the above problem, while helping the "AssignResidents()" API should it later support non familial settings. Combined with per NPC flags, there are tons of interactions now logically consistent.

However, implementing NPC interacting with each other will face a significant hurdle. It will have to track the relationships between NPCs, and it will require significant resources to track. In my game, each "profile" already has 500+ contacts each. Tracking their interrelationships means tracking 500*500 = 250,000 stats. That's only for one profile and only relationship stat, not including rapport. That's not an easy feat.

As a comparison that I know of, "Hentai Highschool" (HHS) limits the total citizen of a city to 1600 people (default, can be changed by tweaking the settings). Unlike LifePlay, all the 1600 people is generated at once at game start. Moreover, that game keeps track NPC interrelationships, as well as per NPC day-to-day schedule (i.e. what time to work, at home, etc; this impacts who will you meet in the street at what time, etc). To handle that, it relies on SQLite. However, the events scheme is different with LifePlay. HHS events is more geared to be story driven, hence the event condition is more simplified. LifePlay doesn't have that luxury, cos it's more simulation based. IDK the performance impact of using database backend on event polling in LifePlay.

hyksos

Oct 21, 2016
Hey everyone

I tried to adopt a dog, but can't seem to find it anywhere after the adoption, can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Holy crap the UI sucks
Can you elaborate what you don't like about the UI? Pointers to improve the UI will be most helpful. It would be great if you can draw a sample, or point to other game's UI you think is more appropriate to LifePlay.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Can you elaborate what you don't like about the UI? Pointers to improve the UI will be most helpful. It would be great if you can draw a sample, or point to other game's UI you think is more appropriate to LifePlay.
1. A better tutorial. Not enough was explained in a way that made sense to me.
2. Bigger UI. I have a 2500res monitor, so the buttons and a lot of the text are too small to read easily.
3. Too many menus and sub-menus. It takes a lot of mouse clicks to change clothing, for example.
4. Simpler over-world. The map / world is so dense with so many things to do. It's rather intimidating, and I get lost easily.

Full disclosure, I only played the game for about 30 minutes; so I can't go in detail much deeper. If I had to point to a game that I think has a similair style with a better UI, I would say look at how the Sims 3 does UI.
Good luck with your game.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
1. A better tutorial. Not enough was explained in a way that made sense to me.
2. Bigger UI. I have a 2500res monitor, so the buttons and a lot of the text are too small to read easily.
3. Too many menus and sub-menus. It takes a lot of mouse clicks to change clothing, for example.
4. Simpler over-world. The map / world is so dense with so many things to do. It's rather intimidating, and I get lost easily.

Full disclosure, I only played the game for about 30 minutes; so I can't go in detail much deeper. If I had to point to a game that I think has a similair style with a better UI, I would say look at how the Sims 3 does UI.
Good luck with your game.
Thanks for the input. Hopefully the dev will take these into consideration.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The right click menus does feel a bit cluttered with to many options and need to scroll them. I don't know if have an "radial wheel with activities". Much like a lot of rpg games and such use. Would make it any better.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
The right click menus does feel a bit cluttered with to many options and need to scroll them. I don't know if have an "radial wheel with activities". Much like a lot of rpg games and such use. Would make it any better.
Yeah, I notice that. However IMO replacing that with a radial menu will even makes it more cluttered, cos the sheer number of options. Add to that, most options are editable/expandable by script / mod, so the engine cannot make any assumption as to how many menu items will be displayed in it.

I remember playing Singles 2, a Sims 2 clone with more "adult oriented activities". Like Sims, it uses radial menu. There's a mod for it to add more features, and boy the menu got convoluted very fast. While the features added is a lot, that's not even half of what LifePlay right-click menu has to offer.

I agree with you that the menu feels cluttered, but for the time being it's the best compromise that I can think of. Maybe, if anyone here is a web designer / UIX engineer can think of a better solution.

My personal "beef" is with the contacts menu, the right hand pane, where relationships and editing menu is displayed. The way it works now, is when a NPC has many inter-relationship with others, the editing menu got pushed to the bottom, sometimes to the point they are off screen. There is no scrollbar when this happens, so they cannot be selected. My recommendation is to split the relationship info and the editing menu into a separate tabs, and add support for scrollbars at least for the inter-relationship tab.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah, I notice that. However IMO replacing that with a radial menu will even makes it more cluttered, cos the sheer number of options. Add to that, most options are editable/expandable by script / mod, so the engine cannot make any assumption as to how many menu items will be displayed in it.

I remember playing Singles 2, a Sims 2 clone with more "adult oriented activities". Like Sims, it uses radial menu. There's a mod for it to add more features, and boy the menu got convoluted very fast. While the features added is a lot, that's not even half of what LifePlay right-click menu has to offer.

I agree with you that the menu feels cluttered, but for the time being it's the best compromise that I can think of. Maybe, if anyone here is a web designer / UIX engineer can think of a better solution.

My personal "beef" is with the contacts menu, the right hand pane, where relationships and editing menu is displayed. The way it works now, is when a NPC has many inter-relationship with others, the editing menu got pushed to the bottom, sometimes to the point they are off screen. There is no scrollbar when this happens, so they cannot be selected. My recommendation is to split the relationship info and the editing menu into a separate tabs, and add support for scrollbars at least for the inter-relationship tab.
Man I had to pick my brain to remember the title of this game to find a image.

orbofgoldendeath.jpg

Temple of Elemental Evil found its way into LifePlay, lol :p

This game had kind of a good radial wheel, that just kept expand. Wouldn't really work well in a real time game, but in a sense LifePlay not really real time in the sense you need to pause to pick activities and such.

Funny you did mention Singles 2... I got both games, my first brush with "adult" games, no censor mods and things like that.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Man I had to pick my brain to remember the title of this game to find a image.

View attachment 255823

Temple of Elemental Evil found its way into LifePlay, lol :p

This game had kind of a good radial wheel, that just kept expand. Wouldn't really work well in a real time game, but in a sense LifePlay not really real time in the sense you need to pause to pick activities and such.

Funny you did mention Singles 2... I got both games, my first brush with "adult" games, no censor mods and things like that.
Yeah, I remember ToEE. However, in that game the number of menu items are known beforehand. The main problem for ToEE would be the spells list, but the DnD 3.5 specs already broken that into categories. And those hierarchy is predetermined before hand.

LifePlay gives the option to adding new action / activities to the user. So, the number of menu items cannot be known beforehand. The game has to generate the menu on-the-fly as soon as it reads the *.lpaction files. We can code menu hierarchies into the lpaction files, but like , too many hierarchy will bog the player down.

Consider this scenario, the radial menu is full, meaning the full 360 degree is populated. The player open up the menu, but the icon is somewhere near the edge of the screen. Cos by nature radial menu needs extra screen space than the usual list menu (your own screenshot shows this), some of the menu will be clipped, and the player have to 1st adjust the map so the intended icon moves more to the center of the screen. That's an extra step, not including the steps required to navigate the hierarchy.

While I like the radial menu, but IMO if the menu contains more than 10 items, it will be more a nuisance than useful. I found the same thing with ToEE. Casting spells is so cumbersome to select in the GUI that I mainly stay away from it and rely on other means.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes