Cap'nFap'n

Sep 15, 2017
Why aren't any scenes occurring? Frequency is at 20, I'm socializing at clubs, bars, work, the library, EVERYWHERE, nothing happens. How do you actually meet people? How do you get the game to actually DO something?!

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Why aren't any scenes occurring? Frequency is at 20, I'm socializing at clubs, bars, work, the library, EVERYWHERE, nothing happens. How do you actually meet people? How do you get the game to actually DO something?!
The way I understand it, max freq only controls how many event triggers to be checked per unit time. The trigger still need to evaluate to true if an event to occur. Those triggers depends heavily on "creative" use of random numbers. It's highly creative that in my calculation some events have like 0.06% - 0.125% chance of occurring provided all other conditions are met. So, either you need to be patient and wait for something to occur, or like me, fiddle around with the event script to make the trigger condition friendlier to your taste.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
- make sure your interpersonal skill isn't zero, the higher interpersonal the more likely you're to meet new people. At 100 interpersonal, your base chance of meeting people while socializing is 40% , at 50 interpersonal, it's 20% and so on
- Don't play the game at max speed all the time, if the entire 'socializing' progress bar finishes within less than one second or something, that may not be enough time for the game to check the scenes' conditions.

chonker

Nov 27, 2017
all fetish content (incest, NTR, rape, bestiality) is optional and disabled by default. It's the whole point of the game being modular really, people are picky about what they're into sexually - a big turn-on for one is a huge turn-off for another. The modular system allows me to work on commonly-requested fetishes without worrying about offending anyone - nobody is forced to see any content they don't want to see.
Any possibility to add watersports in the future?

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
I trully don't understand how to play this game. I just use the options to go to places and take actions ? Text actions? If so, not my favourite type of game tbh, but that's just me. I clicked and went to places, did some actions, after 5 minutes i got bored and alt f4 ... if only we had an walktrough for us to understand what we need to do in order to progress ...

Jorge12

Donor
Dec 24, 2017
all fetish content (incest, NTR, rape, bestiality) is optional and disabled by default. It's the whole point of the game being modular really, people are picky about what they're into sexually - a big turn-on for one is a huge turn-off for another. The modular system allows me to work on commonly-requested fetishes without worrying about offending anyone - nobody is forced to see any content they don't want to see.

Thank you for your acclaration vinfamy I highly appreciate it, you are right and also is an amazing tool the modular system, maybe for the next, you get the fetish called foot fetish and also as an upgrade for the incest optional mode just create an option were allows the player create the family with the incest enabled fasti to mean, instead of wait for interactions why don't put already the options of sex between family members already and just press a button and get everything fast, without so much waiting, like a constructive criticism. Thanks for the aclaration keep upgrading this amazing game

Cap'nFap'n

Sep 15, 2017
- make sure your interpersonal skill isn't zero, the higher interpersonal the more likely you're to meet new people. At 100 interpersonal, your base chance of meeting people while socializing is 40% , at 50 interpersonal, it's 20% and so on
- Don't play the game at max speed all the time, if the entire 'socializing' progress bar finishes within less than one second or something, that may not be enough time for the game to check the scenes' conditions.
Thanks, I'll try that. Also, sorry for bitching at you. I really appreciate you getting back with a reply so quick.

Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Are you saying that the engine samples the event triggers in constant time no matter what the speed setting is? For example, the engine is sampling at 20hz, polling and sampling the event triggers at 20 times per second, constantly. All event triggers has an activity/action requirement i.e. only triggers during sex work. Say that an 'action' runs at 1 hour game time. At 1:1 game speed, meaning 1 hour game time is 1 hour in RL (real life), the event triggers will be sampled 20 * 60 * 60 = 7200 times in the duration of the action. If however the game speed is changed to 1:400, 1 game hour is 1/400 of an hour RL (9 seconds), then the event triggers is sampled 9 * 20 = 180 times. Is this how the engine operate?

Hey, could I get a list of console commands?
As far as I know, there are 2 built in commands, which are:
Code:
- wait [hour]
  fast forward [hour] hours

- wait until [dd/mm/yy]
  fast forward to the specified date
Aside for that, the console also used to trigger an event directly, bypassing the normal event trigger condition (most part of it, there are some conditions that can make this also fail). It does this by entering the event ID. To know what the event IDs are, go to the "LifePlay \ Content \ Modules" folder. Each folders found there represent a module which can enabled and disabled in the game. Inside these folders, there is a "Scenes" folder, which in turn contains many files with '.lpscene' extension. Those files contains the code controlling a scene, and can be called from the console by entering the filename.

For example, there's a file called 'open_relationship.lpscene' in the 'vin_base\scenes\dating' folder. This scene controls the initiation of an open relationship / polyamory. You can call this scene directly with the console by entering 'open_relationship' and press enter. Note that you don't include the '.lpscene' part of the filename.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Are you saying that the engine samples the event triggers in constant time no matter what the speed setting is?
Nah, the speed of checking scenes is adjusted to fit in with the game speed, so theoretically the player should get the same amount of scenes triggered no matter what speed they play the game at. However, in some extreme cases (max speed, weak-ish PC), the game's scene checking process isn't physically capable for catching up with the game speed, partly because all scene checking code is in UE4's blueprints which are 10 times slower than how they would perform in pure C++ . Eventually, when the game reaches 2000-3000 lpscenes, I would probably translate these blueprints to good old C++

I have some New Ideas any chance of hearing them out
Of course, go ahead :) I'm always open to suggestions and requests, especially from my patrons

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Nah, the speed of checking scenes is adjusted to fit in with the game speed, so theoretically the player should get the same amount of scenes triggered no matter what speed they play the game at. However, in some extreme cases (max speed, weak-ish PC), the game's scene checking process isn't physically capable for catching up with the game speed, partly because all scene checking code is in UE4's blueprints which are 10 times slower than how they would perform in pure C++ . Eventually, when the game reaches 2000-3000 lpscenes, I would probably translate these blueprints to good old C++
So what does the "Scene Frequency" actually measure? Number of scenes per game hour? Or per 'action'? or something else?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
So what does the "Scene Frequency" actually measure? Number of scenes per game hour? Or per 'action'? or something else?
you know the timeout() function after every SceneEnd() , scenefrequency modifies that so each scene is 'timed out' for more or less in-game hours
With scene frequency at 3.0 , timeout(9, testscene) will actually result in timeout(3, testscene)

Reactions: n1ck

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
you know the timeout() function after every SceneEnd() , scenefrequency modifies that so each scene is 'timed out' for more or less in-game hours
With scene frequency at 3.0 , timeout(9, testscene) will actually result in timeout(3, testscene)
Oh, OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Jul 14, 2017
Hey Vin, great game, just have a question, after the last 2 updates, some of the scenes are cut. For example, when you entered a sex scene with your wife it would let you have all the options, now, some of the positions are available and some are not. It will say something like, A1 <50 Masochist A2 50< masochist. When I put both characters masochist level to 100, those positions are still not available. Im not to sure what I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
In the current build, I can't seem to find any bars that have dancing as an option. Is this a bug, or did something change?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hey Vin, great game, just have a question, after the last 2 updates, some of the scenes are cut. For example, when you entered a sex scene with your wife it would let you have all the options, now, some of the positions are available and some are not. It will say something like, A1 <50 Masochist A2 50< masochist. When I put both characters masochist level to 100, those positions are still not available. Im not to sure what I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Esc > Settings > No Animation Conditions (something along these lines, can't remember what the option is called)
This feature was added a few versions back (but can be disabled) because people were pointing out that the super nice gentleman with no fitness can all the sudden bang a girl in the rough carry position and this isn't very immersive.

In the current build, I can't seem to find any bars that have dancing as an option. Is this a bug, or did something change?
You can dance in nightclubs (musical note icon), they are as many as those as there are bars
I suppose I can add dance action to bars too, makes sense
PS: Done, added dance to bars and pubs (some Weatherspoons in the UK have dance floors)

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes