Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm curious on how are you going to do it. .
It's very difficult for sure, otherwise I would have done it long ago :) The obvious challenge is why I consider v1.23 a 'first shot' at this and why Daz will only be introduced as an optional setting.
My hope is the proxy fitting script from MB-Lab, it does a decent enough job of putting blendshapes on and rigging full-body clothing piece (like Casual clothes, suits, etc), this will be a different animal entirely.

@him13: no Mac support for the game yet. I tried, but I don't even own a Mac device, so it's very difficult to port.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
It's very difficult for sure, otherwise I would have done it long ago :) The obvious challenge is why I consider v1.23 a 'first shot' at this and why Daz will only be introduced as an optional setting.
My hope is the proxy fitting script from MB-Lab, it does a decent enough job of putting blendshapes on and rigging full-body clothing piece (like Casual clothes, suits, etc), this will be a different animal entirely.
IMO the proxy fitting will at best give a meh result. DAZ Studio 4+ do have a better proxy fitting, but it requires preprocessing done by DAZ, and even that it at times just made the proxy a jumble of mess.

One of the best proxy fitting I've seen is a tool in Illusion's ArtificialGirl 3 mod toolchain, Illusion Morpher IIRC. It can fit anything to anything, and do it flawlessly in a way I've seen no professional tool can do. I've used that to create several body morphs to AG3 models, and they work smoothly. I really want to talk to the dev of that tool and see the source code. Sadly, with HongFire site undergoing total change, I lost track. If anyone can put me in touch with them, I'd be most grateful.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Just wondering can this be ported to apk for androids
My 2 cents is, even if it can, I don't think Android devices can handle it. It's been reported that even some laptops struggles with this game. It may have something to do with the sheer size of the map.

Theratul

Jun 24, 2017
Can you guys help me? i triet to force scene through console but nothing happens. i simply opened console and typed name of the scene without lpscene. do i need to do it differently or what?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Can you guys help me? i triet to force scene through console but nothing happens. i simply opened console and typed name of the scene without lpscene. do i need to do it differently or what?
Can you post what scene(s) you tried and what exactly you typed in the console?

Theratul

Jun 24, 2017
Can you post what scene(s) you tried and what exactly you typed in the console?
i tried nearly all of them.
well i tried this for example caught_family_masturbating. i looked on scene trigerr condition and make them matching.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
How do you install new maps?
I think there's a howto guide inside every custom map to install it.

Essentially, dump everything into "[game dir]\LifePlay\Content\Heavy\StreetMap\" folder. Just remember when you extract the downloaded map, preserve the directory/folder structure.

i tried nearly all of them.
well i tried this for example caught_family_masturbating. i looked on scene trigerr condition and make them matching.
Hmm, I tried "caught_family_masturbating" and it work fine with me. Are you sure you have match the trigger condition? The most crucial condition is in the WHO line. If that line doesn't return any NPC, then the script won't run.

Let's pick apart "caught_family_masturbating" trigger condition. The WHO line consist of 2 parts, before the semicolon (;), and after.
Code:
// original
WHO: Actor = getRelative(); If Actor.livesWithPlayer() && Random(0, 500) < Actor:perversion
OTHER: isAtHome()

// WHO line disected
// Part 1: Actor = getRelative()
// Part 2: If Actor.livesWithPlayer() && Random(0, 500) < Actor:perversion
If, for some reason, Part 1 assigns an invalid NPC to the Actor variable, then the whole trigger fails. Part 2 puts additional constraints to Part 1, but only evaluated if Part 1 assigns a valid NPC to Actor variable.

The OTHER line are used to put additional constraints not related to the NPC selected in the WHO line. In this case, "isAtHome()" means that the script must be run in the Player's home, and nowhere else. The concept of "Home" is rather convoluted currently, cos it refers to the player's home, player SO's home, fraternity, and all other buildings with the home icon on it. This is why there's a separate API to make sure which home you're referring to.

When force calling a script from the console, Part 2 of the WHO line, and the constraints in the OTHER line are ignored/bypassed. However, Part 1 of the WHO line must assign a valid NPC or the script won't run.

I'd suggest you make a test script with no constraints and try calling it. Here's a sample:
Code:
WHAT: none
WHERE: none
WHEN: 0 - 24
WHO: none
OTHER: none

SceneStart()

"Hello World!"

SceneEnd()
BTW, just to ensure we're on the same page, how do you open the console?
Clipboard03.jpg

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Patreon just shut down Lilith's Throne funding for dabbling in 'illegal' fetishes, namely rape and incest. I wonder how LifePlay is going to fare in the near-ish future given it touches similar topics. I'm not saying to drop such content (unless the author feels compelled to) but I feel like at this point one has to prepare for the worst outcome, especially now that Patreon is really cracking down on anyone who doesn't abide by their rules.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Lilith's Throne just got its Patreon suspended for dabbling in 'illegal' fetishes, namely rape and incest. I wonder how LifePlay is going to fare in the near-ish future given it touches similar topics. I'm not saying to drop them altogether (unless the author feels compelled to) but I feel like at this point one has to prepare for the worst outcome, especially now that Patreon is really cracking down on anyone who doesn't abide by their rules.
I would suggest Vinfamy to setup alternative revenue stream, i.e. paypal and/or subscribestar. The patreon fiasco last december made several content creators moved to subscribestar, but it's not infallible. The most secure thing to do right now, in terms of banning, is to use cryptocurrency, but that is another can of worm...

Another option is to split the dev into 2 "teams". Vinfamy still working with core engine and contents which strictly abide with patreon rules, i.e. no rape, incest, etc, but keep the scripting options open. The 2nd "team" then maintain those content separately but working closely with Vinfamy. The contents are already largely modular, so separating them is relatively easy.

Whatever course taken, I strongly suggest the alternative revenue stream. Patreon already announced that they take account on your brand in banning. This means they will take account the whole activity you do online; they will ban you even if you don't break their rules on their site but (in their judgement) broke the rules elsewhere in the internet.

Spankmiester

Jun 18, 2018
I really like the previews of the game but I guess I just can't get the controls down or something... very difficult to get the game to play for me. Seems I can't find to go home, or what? Maybe I need a tutorial or something.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I really like the previews of the game but I guess I just can't get the controls down or something... very difficult to get the game to play for me. Seems I can't find to go home, or what? Maybe I need a tutorial or something.
First, you need to find somewhere to live. Look for buildings with green home icon, click it, and select arrange viewing. You can haggle the rent. If not satisfied, look elsewhere. As soon as you have somewhere to live, the rest is up to you. You can apply for job in the offices, as lecturer in the univ, enroll a degree, etc.

Theratul

Jun 24, 2017
BTW, just to ensure we're on the same page, how do you open the console?
With tilde. i tried this at home and pretty sure relative was home at that moment. *sigh* well thank you for your reply, i tried different scenes but nothing work for me. im not sure but my game freezes for second after i execute command i think, ohh and keyboard is unresponsive. So im tired of this and deleted that game. I will try it later

Spankmiester

Jun 18, 2018
First, you need to find somewhere to live. Look for buildings with green home icon, click it, and select arrange viewing. You can haggle the rent. If not satisfied, look elsewhere. As soon as you have somewhere to live, the rest is up to you. You can apply for job in the offices, as lecturer in the univ, enroll a degree, etc.
Thanks N1ck! I will give it another shot

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Patreon just shut down Lilith's Throne funding for dabbling in 'illegal' fetishes, namely rape and incest. I wonder how LifePlay is going to fare in the near-ish future given it touches similar topics. I'm not saying to drop such content (unless the author feels compelled to) but I feel like at this point one has to prepare for the worst outcome, especially now that Patreon is really cracking down on anyone who doesn't abide by their rules.
Thankfully the game is designed to be very modular and all the fetishes are already in their own optional modules that are disabled by default anyway. If they give me a warning, I'll just split the banned contents from the main game download and then upload them as a mod under an alias (or just get one of my LoversLab buddy to upload them under their account). Patreoncan't enforce their rules on mods surely because officially mods aren't the author's responsibility.
Besides I don't think the game is anyway near popular / well-funded enough to attract any Patreon's attention yet. Off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of games with over $1000 / month that have incest and/or rape in it that Patreon haven't even noticed. I'm still below $100 a month so there's probably hundreds of authors that Patreon will look at before they check me out.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
If they give me a warning, I'll just split the banned contents from the main game download and then upload them as a mod under an alias (or just get one of my LoversLab buddy to upload them under their account). Patreoncan't enforce their rules on mods surely because officially mods aren't the author's responsibility.
Unfortunately, Patreon is already ahead of you on that one. :/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basically, using different aliases and mods won't be of any help because they will still be linked to the same bank/credit account you use for LifePlay and Patreon has no qualms on using those to track you and your "side-projects" down. We're not dealing with fools here, they know what they're doing and they are well aware of the fact some people are going to try and outsmart them using loopholes and gaps in their system.

You could upload such mod elsewhere but if Patreon gets wind that your game is still being used to promote fringe activities and other illegal stuff behind their back they could quite easily just shut it down for good. You could argue that they have no business enforcing their rules over mods but that is a sketchy defence at best IMO. "If you sell a gun without a clip, you're still selling a gun" sort of mentality.

I sincerely hope your project remains as is for a long time but these days you can't be certain of anything anymore. Best to be prepared.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes