joh

Aug 20, 2017
My 2 cents is, even if it can, I don't think Android devices can handle it. It's been reported that even some laptops struggles with this game. It may have something to do with the sheer size of the map.
Ok thanks i thought it was my computer acting up thats the only reason i was asking thanks for answering my question

hawkwolf22

Jul 23, 2017
Thankfully the game is designed to be very modular and all the fetishes are already in their own optional modules that are disabled by default anyway. If they give me a warning, I'll just split the banned contents from the main game download and then upload them as a mod under an alias (or just get one of my LoversLab buddy to upload them under their account). Patreoncan't enforce their rules on mods surely because officially mods aren't the author's responsibility.
Besides I don't think the game is anyway near popular / well-funded enough to attract any Patreon's attention yet. Off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of games with over $1000 / month that have incest and/or rape in it that Patreon haven't even noticed. I'm still below $100 a month so there's probably hundreds of authors that Patreon will look at before they check me out.
still be very careful as no doubt they have The LAW on their case mainly FEDS

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Next month will mark one year from the game's first release and I'm sure most players would agree that the lack of truly detailed & realistic character models has been holding back the game's potential for far too long.
Frustrated with this situation, I have been experimenting to convert models for use with the game. This is a very challenging task as Daz characters are mostly meant for still renders and its powerful character customization options aren't game-engine-ready at all. However, I'm happy to say that after a lot of trial and error, I have finally figured out a method to make these models usable for LifePlay while:
  • keeping most customization options, and
  • not tanking performance / frame rate.
The new Daz3d models will dramatically improve the game's graphical appeal but it's still a time-consuming conversion / adaptation process so I will focus on the most important priority for now: the female character models (the male characters will remain the same for the time being, but if popular demands call for it, I can repeat the same process for the men in the future). Also, the introduction of Daz3D female models into the game will take place over three upcoming beta versions as per the plans below:
  • v2.0 Beta 1 (ETA 30 Mar): converts and adapts the models, morph targets, textures and shaders. This release will allow the player to simply test out the new models in the character creation menu and customize her facial and body features. No animations or clothing / other assets yet for the new models by this point so v2.0 Beta 1 will be mostly a tech demo version to show progress, but you will be able to at least save the characters to be used for the later versions.
  • v2.0 Beta 2 (ETA 13 April): retargets the (sex and other) animations for the new models. This release will allow the player to play the game basically as usual with the new models ... except everyone's naked / in very poor-fitting clothes for now.
  • v2.0 Stable (ETA 27 April): converts and adds clothes, hairstyles and other assets for the new models. By this point, Daz3d female models will have now been fully implemented into the game - giving it a major facelift.
  • v2.1 and later will return to creating new adult content / gameplay mechanics ...
What happens to the current female models? They will stay in the game files and be referred to as 'Legacy' and you will be able to choose between Daz and Legacy to use for each of your character / NPC that you're editing. For NPC generation, there will be a new slider in Esc > Customize NPC Distribution to set what percentages of NPCs use Daz or Legacy models - so you can have a mix for variety or simply scroll to 100% for the one you prefer.
One final point: due to the popularity of Daz3d models in adult visual novels, some people (myself included before I started this conversion attempt) associate Daz3d with characters with unrealistic body proportions (giant hips and thighs etc). However, rest assured, these proportions are simply how those visual novel authors decide to utilize the customization options, nothing to do with the base Daz models. Even with the new Daz3d models, LifePlay itself will stick to its 'philosophy' of neutral realistic base model with a lot of customization options so that people can tweak their character / NPC to whatever shape they want, realistic or fantasy.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Great news and good luck. I'm dying to try the new version, but I must be patient, just need to wait a little longer, just a little bit, just...

Reactions: Vinfamy

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
That's some huge step @[B]Vinfamy[/B] ,we appreciate your work man. :) (y)
But will the models have the same effect like the old models body structure, like fat,tall,old or fantasy ears or teeth stuff? Or these structures haven't yet been tested?

Reactions: AnonF21 and Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

Next month will mark one year from the game's first release and I'm sure most players would agree that the lack of truly detailed & realistic character models has been holding back the game's potential for far too long.
Frustrated with this situation, I have been experimenting to convert models for use with the game. This is a very challenging task as Daz characters are mostly meant for still renders and its powerful character customization options aren't game-engine-ready at all. However, I'm happy to say that after a lot of trial and error, I have finally figured out a method to make these models usable for LifePlay while:
  • keeping most customization options, and
  • not tanking performance / frame rate.
The new Daz3d models will dramatically improve the game's graphical appeal but it's still a time-consuming conversion / adaptation process so I will focus on the most important priority for now: the female character models (the male characters will remain the same for the time being, but if popular demands call for it, I can repeat the same process for the men in the future). Also, the introduction of Daz3D female models into the game will take place over three upcoming beta versions as per the plans below:
  • v2.0 Beta 1 (ETA 30 Mar): converts and adapts the models, morph targets, textures and shaders. This release will allow the player to simply test out the new models in the character creation menu and customize her facial and body features. No animations or clothing / other assets yet for the new models by this point so v2.0 Beta 1 will be mostly a tech demo version to show progress, but you will be able to at least save the characters to be used for the later versions.
  • v2.0 Beta 2 (ETA 13 April): retargets the (sex and other) animations for the new models. This release will allow the player to play the game basically as usual with the new models ... except everyone's naked / in very poor-fitting clothes for now.
  • v2.0 Stable (ETA 27 April): converts and adds clothes, hairstyles and other assets for the new models. By this point, Daz3d female models will have now been fully implemented into the game - giving it a major facelift.
  • v2.1 and later will return to creating new adult content / gameplay mechanics ...
What happens to the current female models? They will stay in the game files and be referred to as 'Legacy' and you will be able to choose between Daz and Legacy to use for each of your character / NPC that you're editing. For NPC generation, there will be a new slider in Esc > Customize NPC Distribution to set what percentages of NPCs use Daz or Legacy models - so you can have a mix for variety or simply scroll to 100% for the one you prefer.
One final point: due to the popularity of Daz3d models in adult visual novels, some people (myself included before I started this conversion attempt) associate Daz3d with characters with unrealistic body proportions (giant hips and thighs etc). However, rest assured, these proportions are simply how those visual novel authors decide to utilize the customization options, nothing to do with the base Daz models. Even with the new Daz3d models, LifePlay itself will stick to its 'philosophy' of neutral realistic base model with a lot of customization options so that people can tweak their character / NPC to whatever shape they want, realistic or fantasy.
May I ask what Daz3d model generation are you using? I'm assuming you're using their Michael and Victoria models.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
OPINION NEEEDED!
Does this look like the correct skin tone for the default Caucasian females for you? Or should it be paler / darker / more saturated / pinker? I stare at her for long enough working on the shaders that I'm not sure how objective my eyes are anymore

Oh, and she's wearing one of the makeup options btw - makeup will be one of the new features that come with the new models. 4 makeup styles - and you can adjust how heavy

@n1ck : It's Genesis 8. Victoria's mesh (but for animation retargeting purpose, the height morph will probably be set to a default value that makes her shorter than the default Victoria (180cm apparently!), but more in line with average height for a woman), using Bridget's textures as they look more natural to me
@Scorpio1971 : Yes, all these customization options you mentioned are available for the Daz models too - there are actually more facial customization options with the Daz3d models actually. The amount of body customizations remain roughly the same, but look more detailed and less 'blocky'.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
It looks correct (good) to my eyes, but I'm no expert. :) But after previous models, I feel like looking at an angel from Heaven. :ROFLMAO:

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
OPINION NEEEDED!
Does this look like the correct skin tone for the default Caucasian females for you? Or should it be paler / darker / more saturated / pinker? I stare at her for long enough working on the shaders that I'm not sure how objective my eyes are anymore

Oh, and she's wearing one of the makeup options btw - makeup will be one of the new features that come with the new models. 4 makeup styles - and you can adjust how heavy

@n1ck : It's Genesis 8. Victoria's mesh (but for animation retargeting purpose, the height morph will probably be set to a default value that makes her shorter than the default Victoria (180cm apparently!), but more in line with average height for a woman), using Bridget's textures as they look more natural to me
@Scorpio1971 : Yes, all these customization options you mentioned are available for the Daz models too - there are actually more facial customization options with the Daz3d models actually. The amount of body customizations remain roughly the same, but look more detailed and less 'blocky'.
Oh, OK. I thought I could pitch in, but I left the Daz scene at gen 5. My library is mainly at gen 3, 4, and 5, so looks like I don't have anything to offer.

It looks correct (good) to my eyes, but I'm no expert. :) But after previous models, I feel like looking at an angel from Heaven. :ROFLMAO:
It looks less blocky cos daz models are of higher polycount. The MBLab models can also look like that to if the subdivision option is left intact. Below is the model currently used in the game (default caucasian), with subdivision, rendered in blender.
Test01.jpg
I myself prefer MBLabs. Without the morph addon (just using the default morphs that genesis usually ship), Daz models looks like s**t to me. This is their business model, selling the addons. Furthermore, MBLabs comes with tons of morphs by default, and in much clearer legal agreement. Vinfamy, have you cleared with Daz yet for incorporating their models?

IDK how much performance impact will be by using such high polycount model like Daz. AFAIK at the current level there are lower specs PC which can't play the game.

For the sceenshot, while the skintone is correct, the SSS is too strong, making her looks like rubber, very noticeable at her forearm and hands. IDK how UE4 works, but my rule of thumb for skin shader is the diffusion strength plus SSS strength equals to 100%, with the SSS taking somewhere between 10~20%. Compare it to the one below, which is a blender render of gen 5 Reby Sky with no fancy shader, no SSS, just diffuse, specular, and bump map.
V5RebySkarr_HDR.jpg
Using the same texture set, a somewhat properly tuned SSS shader should look something like this:
V5Test-SSS.jpg

For Daz models textures, I'd suggest to look at their Elite series, either by Daz own team, or Morris. For me, they are top of the line textures, done with utmost care. Many boast superb preview render, but after working with them you'll see that they only works in very specific render situation. The Elite line in my experience works in more general situation with minimal effort. The textures I used in the last 2 renders borrows heavily from Elite Texture Lana, but mixed and matched with SCG Skarr V4.

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
OPINION NEEEDED!

Ok,these model look's awesome.Specially this one for detailed odels :)

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
OPINION NEEEDED!

1)I think these models were also used in this game & looks really good.(Although it's on unity engine)
https://f95zone.to/threads/stationmaster-v0-20-stationmasterdev.12143/
2)Ok,these model look's awesome.Specially these one for more detailed models :)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
^ Thanks elmejor93. All: note that the screens in the post above are before I've done much work on the shaders, they are just for showing off some of the morph options so ignore the skin tone in that. The more recent skin tone is in post #1727

@n1ck Thanks, I'll reduce the SSS

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Thank you all for the feedbacks on the skin tone. :)
MORE OPINIONS NEEDED: Does this look like a good lighting / shadow set up for you?

Contact Menu Portrait

Scene Positions for 6 characters (Player is usually the second one from the left)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Thank you all for the feedbacks on the skin tone. :)
MORE OPINIONS NEEDED: Does this look like a good lighting / shadow set up for you?

Contact Menu Portrait

Scene Positions for 6 characters (Player is usually the second one from the left)
The skin is a lot better. I have to ask though, whether you're using colored lights, and whether UE4 shader SSS node supports controlling the absorption and/or reflection strength/color (which color spectrum is absorbed, which are reflected). To me the skin is tinted a little bit too red. In my experience this is caused by either those factors, colored light, or SSS reflection/absorption settings, or both. Mind you the SSS reflection settings can have dramatic impact to skin tint. Keeping all settings the same, playing with SSS reflection/absorption can give you the skin tone of Rose McGowan, Gal Gadot, Mila Kunis, Julia Roberts, etc.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes