Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@sabbathfun @n1ck
Is this better?

HighresScreenshot00000.png

@n1ck The lights are pure white, it's the SSS setting that causes redness. for Unreal's skin shader, you input a subsurface color (in RGBA). I reduced it from 0.21-0-0 to 0.13-0-0 in the screen above. Is it still too red for you?

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

As explained in the , the next version (coming next weekend) will see the first beta implementation of the Daz3d female models into the game. Attached are some screenshots to show the progress in converting these models for LifePlay.

Character Lighting During Scenes
Character_Lighting_During_Scenes.png

Contact Menu Portraits with Different Makeup Styles
ContactMenu_DefaultMorphs_BlueEyes_MakeupStyle1_Medium.png ContactMenu_DefaultMorphs_BrownEyes_NoMakeup.png ContactMenu_DefaultMorphs_GreenEyes_MakeupStyle4_Heavy.png

The screens above are using in-game lighting - i.e. very close to how they would look in game. The screens below are using low-contrast lighting in order to demonstrate the morph options:

Body Morphs
Default_Morphs.JPG Bodybuilder.JPG Fitness.JPG Heavy.JPG Pear.JPG Thin.JPG Thin_w_Fake_Boobs.JPG Voluptuous.JPG

Expressions
Neutral.JPG Angry.JPG Drunk.JPG Flirty.JPG Scream.JPG Shocked.JPG Smile.JPG

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

As explained in the , the next version (coming next weekend) will see the first beta implementation of the Daz3d female models into the game. Attached are some screenshots to show the progress in converting these models for LifePlay.

Character Lighting During Scenes
View attachment 268113

Contact Menu Portraits with Different Makeup Styles
View attachment 268114 View attachment 268115 View attachment 268116

The screens above are using in-game lighting - i.e. very close to how they would look in game. The screens below are using low-contrast lighting in order to demonstrate the morph options:

Body Morphs
View attachment 268118 View attachment 268117 View attachment 268119 View attachment 268120 View attachment 268121 View attachment 268122 View attachment 268123 View attachment 268124

Expressions
View attachment 268128 View attachment 268125 View attachment 268126 View attachment 268127 View attachment 268129 View attachment 268130 View attachment 268131
After comparing it between the shots, I much prefer the lighting condition in the body morph/expression shots rather than the Contact menu/etc shots. Otherwise the skin shader is a OK (y)

Will the legacy / MBLab models have the same skin shader?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
with_hair.JPG
Some early work with hair. Hair isn't meant to be the focus of the upcoming Beta 1 release, but I thought I would do a couple of hairstyles first so that people don't have to test the new models all with bald heads.
Also, the hair shown above still needs to undergo optimization so the final version used in the game will probably be lower in poly count.
One of my long-term patrons mentioned observing that the nipples aren't 3d. However, this is simply because the default morphs have the nipple morph at 0 which doesn't make it look very prominent. The nipples are in fact 3d, this image shows it when the nipple morph (which you will be able to adjust yourself in the character creation menu) is at 1.
3dnipples.JPG

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

After seeing the sneak peek previews attached with the previous post, some people mentioned that they actually preferred how the new models look in the 'Low Contrast to Demonstrate Morphs' folder to the actual in-game screenshots, so I decided to put this to a vote:
Based on the images above, which lighting setup would you prefer for the new Daz3d models to appear in game?
(Btw, the images above also show the first hairstyle I've converted for the new models. Hair isn't the focus of the upcoming Beta 1 release - it along with clothes will be the focus of Beta 3, but I didn't want to force everyone to test the new models with only bald heads for two updates so I decided to do a couple of basic hairstyles first)
Public votes are welcome.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I, for one, have to see the whole girls in all their splendor. Therefore I would lean towards the first, from left to right, as in the low contrast figure.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

After seeing the sneak peek previews attached with the previous post, some people mentioned that they actually preferred how the new models look in the 'Low Contrast to Demonstrate Morphs' folder to the actual in-game screenshots, so I decided to put this to a vote:
Based on the images above, which lighting setup would you prefer for the new Daz3d models to appear in game?
(Btw, the images above also show the first hairstyle I've converted for the new models. Hair isn't the focus of the upcoming Beta 1 release - it along with clothes will be the focus of Beta 3, but I didn't want to force everyone to test the new models with only bald heads for two updates so I decided to do a couple of basic hairstyles first)
Public votes are welcome.
Can't vote cos I have to register to patreon. I vote low contrast.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Question: what programs to use for the game besides unreal engine?
What exactly do you mean? For making games? What kind of games? Unity and Godot are the big names for general purpose 2D and 3D games. If you're going to go more specific, say visual novels, there's RenPy and others. The choice is virtually endless.

pil1

Nov 26, 2017
I mean, why would the animation not to use maya or 3ds max and then finished animation to insert into the game.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I mean, why would the animation not to use maya or 3ds max and then finished animation to insert into the game.
That's a very expensive piece of programs you've mentioned. Unless you're working pro, I don't think and indie dev can afford it.

As far as I understand, the dev uses blender. I'd imagine he created the animations in blender and then import it into UE4.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes