PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
will there be a way to import custom daz models ? as standalone package with textures/meshes and as body/face presets ?

MOISTNESS

Jun 13, 2018
oh shit... this game is just about ready to claim what's left of my life next update, according to the change logs.... you BASTARDS! hehehe
:devilish::love:

Reactions: Vinfamy

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
This new Daz3D model update is much better than I expected, character customization options are amazing and I can't stop tweaking characters, still couldn't start playing the game after hours. Awesome work Vinfamy.

Reactions: Gabaw and Vinfamy

him13

Feb 11, 2019
If anyone is there is says that I am missing basically every modules and I tried to rebuild it but it didn't allow me and now I have to do it manually and I need someone to figure it out plz because I can't figure it out so plz plz plz someone help me out it

him13

Feb 11, 2019
Plz someone help me figure a way to add LifePlay, ModdingExtra, StreetMapRuntime, and StreetMapImporting modules into the file manually I am using the UE4Editor form Epics Game Launcher, I use a Mac OS X

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Thank you everyone for the messages of support. Glad you're enjoying this update :)

If anyone is there is says that I am missing basically every modules and I tried to rebuild it but it didn't allow me and now I have to do it manually and I need someone to figure it out plz because I can't figure it out so plz plz plz someone help me out it
You'll need to download this Heavy folder also - Github has a size limit so I have to exclude some heavy files from it to upload onto Mega

Of course, it's a C++ project, not a default blueprint one so you'll need Visual Studio etc to build the project from there:

@x7xas4UprEta Thank you for the detailed bug report, very helpful - I will look into this and have it fixed by the next version. You can force all buildings of a building type to show up on the map permanently (until disabled) by clicking on them magnifying glass icon (search function), then change the building type icon next to it - don't have to actually search.
Homes and offices are a bit different - once you already have a home / a job, the icons for them are hidden as to optimize performance and not overcrowd the map.
Once the models are fully implemented ( feedbacks so far from many people seem to suggest that people would probably vote for the male daz3d models to be implemented too before I do anything else), the map will probably be the next weakness of the game that I aim to improve.

@PoEbalu : No, at least not yet and not directly. Unreal doesn't have a native way to import external 3d assets at runtime - besides, the current model took me nearly one hour to import the fbx into Unreal Editor during development so even if it's possible, it would take too long to be useful for gameplay purpose.
However, as the new models simply use the morphs that can also be found in Daz Studio with the right assets, it's probably possible to write some sort of script to read a Daz studio project file and write these morphs values into a lpcharacter which can then be imported into the game. I believe @n1ck did the same for the old MB-Lab models.

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
Game crashes only after I've closed it, and then re-open it again later. Keeps crashing over and over unless I delete game and reinstall, as if the problem is having a save file. Any ideas?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Game crashes only after I've closed it, and then re-open it again later. Keeps crashing over and over unless I delete game and reinstall, as if the problem is having a save file. Any ideas?
Is this the 32-bit or the 64-bit version? Did you try another version of the game before this or is this the first version you tried?
If you delete the game files and reextract the rar, you didn't actually delete the main save files (those are in C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames ), so it's not the save that's causing
Either way, if this reinstall method somehow works for you to solve crashes, there's no need to delete the game files - just extract the rar and overwrite your current installation (that should fix whatever file corrupted) - you can then continue your old save normally
My guess is this is something to do with your anti-virus / firewall that blocks some file of the game accidentally after one run - so check them to make sure nothing is being blocked. Maybe also worth a try to run the game as Admin just in case.

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
Is this the 32-bit or the 64-bit version? Did you try another version of the game before this or is this the first version you tried?
If you delete the game files and reextract the rar, you didn't actually delete the main save files (those are in C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames ), so it's not the save that's causing
Either way, if this reinstall method somehow works for you to solve crashes, there's no need to delete the game files - just extract the rar and overwrite your current installation (that should fix whatever file corrupted) - you can then continue your old save normally
My guess is this is something to do with your anti-virus / firewall that blocks some file of the game accidentally after one run - so check them to make sure nothing is being blocked. Maybe also worth a try to run the game as Admin just in case.
It was the firewall. Think you were right about it catching the game only on the second run. Windows Firewall had started itself up again. Had it turned off for so long and had no problems with it that I forgot it was even a thing. Thanks.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@PoEbalu : No, at least not yet and not directly. Unreal doesn't have a native way to import external 3d assets at runtime - besides, the current model took me nearly one hour to import the fbx into Unreal Editor during development so even if it's possible, it would take too long to be useful for gameplay purpose.
However, as the new models simply use the morphs that can also be found in Daz Studio with the right assets, it's probably possible to write some sort of script to read a Daz studio project file and write these morphs values into a lpcharacter which can then be imported into the game. I believe @n1ck did the same for the old MB-Lab models.
1st off, I need to know what Gen8 morph addons you're incorporating.

Converting a DAZ Studio file won't be easy. One of my gripe with DAZ studio is there's NEVER been a good enough docs about the scripting engine and API, even from DAZ. All DAZ files are actually scripts with data interspersed. This include the scene file. And then the fact that it can be compiled (.dsb files) and encrypted. That's always been the case but with the release of the 1st avenger movie, the encryption is taken to another level.

The older models (I have experience up to Gen5) has the advantage of market pressure from Poser. DAZ Studio has to be compatible with Poser. Poser file formats are easier to parse and the docs are way clearer than DAZ. But Gen5 onward, DAZ has clear market advantage and doesn't have the pressure anymore against coming up with proprietary file formats. I tried, but end up using poser formats for my custom contents. Between the spaghetti code that is DAZ format and the encryption, I prefer poser format any day.

This is why I prefer MBLab. It is open source. Though it uses some convoluted process to translate the dials in Blender to actual morph settings, at least I can read the source and try to understand the process.

The last resort is to make a custom plugin for DAZ studio to export LifePlay format. Won't be easy, and at most it can export the morph dial settings. If the Gen8 addon you're using actually inject any custom morph, well, the game doesn't support importing additional morphs anyway.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes