Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Looks decent enough to be available for the players (but you are the dev and know the kinks)
Also you have tons of experience with skyrim mods where such customization was used.
I remember never effectively getting nearly such beautiful result on my skyrim runs, always ended up getting some mod or save from the nexus cause there are some masters on there.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Looks decent enough to be available for the players (but you are the dev and know the kinks)
Also you have tons of experience with skyrim mods where such customization was used.
I remember never effectively getting nearly such beautiful result on my skyrim runs, always ended up getting some mod or save from the nexus cause there are some masters on there.
It's a matter of familiarizing yourself with the morphs. With skyrim, it's harder cos there's no way you can know the exact morph setting a particular model have, hence harder/impossible to experiment other than guess-and-error approach. What's more, if I'm not mistaken, for faces Bethesda engines uses a licensed version of FaceGen modeler. While FaceGen uses real world data sampled from real people, they made a number of equations based from that data, and the user is expected to control the parameters. Hence face morphs in those engines doesn't work in a straightforward manner. Every time you modify on one morph, other morphs will also change according to their proprietary equations. DAZ/Poser and LifePlay doesn't work like that. Every morph have their own separate data and can be controlled separately. The only gem with FaceGen though, IMO, is that you can feed it a photograph and it can calculate the optimal morph settings to match the photo.

LifePlay can export the morph setting in plain text format, hence you know the exact setting of a model. This greatly simplify the learning curve. What's more, cos LifePlay can export/import morph settings (.lpcharacter file) in plain text, there's no stopping you from mixing-and-matching settings from multiple characters. It's a matter of copy/paste. Every now and then the character randomizer give interesting results, but maybe only for a specific portion of the body, i.e. the generated character's breasts looks good, but the rest of her isn't. So I export the morph setting of that character, localize the settings for the breasts and remove all other settings. Maybe next time the randomizer give me a character with nice body shape. Then I copy/paste the breasts settings from earlier into the new one.

From the screenshot I see that Vinfamy preserves the original morph names. I do hope he removes the "Genesis8Female_" part of the name cos it's superfluous. The morph names for DAZ characters are easier to understand than MBlab's (now dubbed legacy model). There are some naming conventions for DAZ model though:
  • begins with FBM: this is a "Full Body Morph", which modifies the shape of an entire body
  • begins with PBM: this is a "Partial Body Morph", which only modify the shape of a specific part
  • begins with CTRL: this is a "Controller Morph", which by itself doesn't modify the shape but instead controls the setting of other morphs, usually PBM, to work in concert
  • begins with JCM: this is a "Joint Controlled Morph", morphs that are controlled by joint rotation. Example, the elbow joint may control a JCMMuscleFlex morph, which simulates muscle flexing when the elbow is bent
Hope that helps you getting started.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

LifePlay 2.0 Beta 1 is nearly ready and should be released within the next couple of days.
Here's some more sneak peek screenshots (higher resolution attached) that demonstrate how the character creation customizations for the new Daz female models can be used to create very distinct-looking characters of different ethnicities and ages.
5faces.png

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
How can I find the total monthly bill (rent and anything else that is charged at the end of the month) for a character?

I have a character that had over 4500 with an apartment rent of 1477 ( no salaried job, she's been working hourly). After the rent was paid she had 1267, so she was charged of over 1700 for something. How can I find out what that extra 1700 was for?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

LifePlay 2.0 Beta 1 is nearly ready and should be released within the next couple of days.
Here's some more sneak peek screenshots (higher resolution attached) that demonstrate how the character creation customizations for the new Daz female models can be used to create very distinct-looking characters of different ethnicities and ages.
View attachment 270968
Looking good. Does the .lpcharacter file works like before? Can you give the list of all morph names the DAZ characters using, at least somewhere in the docs for the next release?

The major improvement is the hair shader. With the legacy model, the hair looks like a ghost, with weird transparency. From the screenshots, the current model seems to not have that problem.

How can I find the total monthly bill (rent and anything else that is charged at the end of the month) for a character?

I have a character that had over 4500 with an apartment rent of 1477 ( no salaried job, she's been working hourly). After the rent was paid she had 1267, so she was charged of over 1700 for something. How can I find out what that extra 1700 was for?
Hmm, idk about this. Have you account for currency exchange yet?

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
Hmm, idk about this. Have you account for currency exchange yet?
This was in London and all the currency is in pounds. I saved the game and after I saved I then bought a business as an experiment and decided I didn't want it, so I reloaded the save, but I think it still had my character owning the business even though the menu for the business was the normal 'consumer' menu, not the 'owner' menu.

I ended up deleting the whole folder and the Lifeplay folder in C:\Users\... to clear it. Strange thing though is when I re-installed it is showing a lot fewer residences for London, but since there is a new version going to drop soon I'm not going to worry about it.

It would be nice to have some sort of log for at least the last 20 or so transactions. A transaction log would be a big help with events since unless you constantly record your cash balance, you can't tell how much you gain or lose from an event. I've had events where it was supposed to cost me 100 but I ended up losing over 600 from my balance (this was a broken appliance/repair event in my residence). A log would make it a lot easier to report bugs and just figuring out what is going on.

Edit: This happened to me again, end of Jan 18, had 4480 pounds cash, rent of 1565 , expected balance of 2915 after rent was paid, buy my balance is 1296, an additional 1619 was deducted for no apparent reason. Was done with a complete clean re-install, I did nothing but Work for an hour, Drink Coffee and Go To Bathroom at a Cafe. I also Slept, Groomed, Bathed and Masturbated at home, Lifted Weights and Worked For An Hour at the Gym. Also rented a Home and attacked burglars in my Home. That was it. I'm giving up on the game till the next update.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
LifePlay 2.0 Beta 1 64 bit Full Download:
LifePlay 2.0 Beta 1 64 bit Update Only:
Two links for those impatient, the rest of the versions and mirror will be available later today

Draft Change Log:
First beta implementation of Daz3d female models into the game. Basically the new models are now available for both the player character (select female gender, then Daz3d (Beta) race) and NPCs (all new female NPCs will use the new model, although those from your old save won't switch automatically, you will have to go into Contacts menu to Edit Appearance them manually).
Even though it's only the first beta for 2.0, you can play the game pretty much normally with the new models except:
- All women using the new models will always be naked (who's complaining!) - clothes will be converted in Beta 3
- Just 3 hairstyles (but the hairstyles now have customizable morphs) for the new ladies for now - more will come in Beta 3
- Just 20 sex animations converted for now (the rest to be converted in the next version) covering only some MF, FF and Solo Female. Triggering threesome, gangbang etc won't give you any animations - you'll have to righ click > skip scene in that case.
- No trans characters using Daz3d models yet (to be available next version), all shemales use the old model for now - so if you see a new female NPC using the old model, she has a dick!
New game is recommended for easy playtesting with the new models. Old saves are technically compatible but because I changed the default skin colors and adjust the lighting - the player and NPCs from your old save might look very red now - you will have to edit them and reselect a skin color (while you're at it, you can of course switch all the female NPCs to the new Daz3d race too)

@x7xas4UprEta: Try delete (backup first if you have added a lot of custom buildings) the C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\SaveGames\CentralLondon.sav file if it helps. Probably just a coding mistake on my part to save the business data into the wrong file.
There's a breakdown in income / expenditure if you hover on the £xxx number top right of the screen, but I don't think it includes business expenditure.
Generally speaking though, clean install of the game folder usually doesn't solve many problems as not a lot of save data is stored there - deleting the C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\ folder is the true equivalent of a 'clean install'

@n1ck: lpcharacter works like before - with the addition of hair morphs as the Daz3d hairs are morphable now. Pretty sure you can get a full set of morphs onto a lpcharacter file by saving any preset in the character creation menu with a variance % higher than 0 (If it's zero then the morphs currently at zero won't be written out to the lpcharacter)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

DOWNLOAD
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:

v2.0 Beta 1 Update Only:
(for those already with v1.10 or later)
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:
Change Log:
First beta implementation of Daz3d female models into the game ( ). Basically the new models are now available for both the player character (select female gender, then Daz3d (Beta) race) and NPCs (all new female NPCs will use the new model, although those from your old save won't switch automatically, you will have to go into Contacts menu to Edit Appearance them manually).
Even though it's only the first beta for 2.0, you can play the game pretty much normally with the new models except:
- All women using the new models will always be naked (who's complaining!) - clothes will be converted in Beta 3
- Just 3 hairstyles (but the hairstyles now have customizable morphs) for the new ladies for now - more will come in Beta 3
- Just 20 sex animations converted for now (the rest to be converted in the next version) covering only some MF, FF and Solo Female. Triggering more advanced sex scenes like threesome, gangbang etc won't give you any animations - you'll have to right click > skip scene in that case.
- No trans characters using Daz3d models yet (to be available next version), all shemales use the old model for now - so if you see a new female NPC using the old model, she has a dick!
New game is recommended for easy playtesting with the new models. Old saves are technically compatible but because I changed the default skin colors and adjust the lighting - the player and NPCs from your old save might look very red now - you will have to edit them and reselect a skin color (while you're at it, you might as well switch all the female NPCs from your old save to the new Daz3d race too)

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
I skip the update "force" & downloading just the current update. Hope it works "skipping an update"?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I skip the update "force" & downloading just the current update. Hope it works "skipping an update"?
Of course, you can even skip 10 updates and the update only file will still work :p - as long as your last version is older than 1.10 (which is like 5-6 months ago!), it will update fine
Although to be fair, the update only file is getting a bit too large now with so many new animations and models since 1.10 - I will probably 'reset' the update cycle with the final 2.0 stable release as the new base requirement so that the update Only files for 2.1, 2.2 etc will stay under 200 mb

Reactions: R0y

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
You know you are "bad ass" I didn't think you would update the models but you did. Way to go man!

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
I'd like to echo everyone else's congrats on the new models, I'm sure it was a lot of hard work and it has definitely paid off.

Enough of the feelgoods...

I'm experiencing the same behavior I described yesterday with the end of the month rent payments. I tried it for 3 different cities as follows and this should be easily reproducible:

Did a complete re-install with the new 2.0B1 version, this included deleting both the Lifeplay folder (and subfolders) containing the executable and the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\LifePlay folder (and subfolders) and then installing the new version. I then downloaded and install the Philadelphia and Montreal maps. And for the different cities:

London - quick start after clean install, all defaults
Philadelphia - exit game, launch game, new game, use defaults except pick Philadelphia for city
Montreal - exit game, launch game, new game, use defaults except pick Montreal for city

Only thing I did was to rent a home for less than my cash balance and let time run till the end of the month with the results:

Code:
City           Cash   Rent   Expected      Actual       Difference between
                             New Balance  New Balance   Expcected and Actual

London         2250   1675      575         -1586           -2161
Philadelphia   3000   2254      746          -742           -1488
Montreal       3870   1610     2260          1793            -467

This makes it very hard to play a character working only hourly since working hourly is a bit of a grind and this just makes it much worse.

Also a lot of the buildings are not appearing until I mouse over them (this was happening with the previous version also).

I remembering seeing a reference to turning on building visiblility in 'settings' but I can't find anything labeled 'settings'.

Edit: Ok, I found 'settings' (Hit 'Esc' while in game to find it) and I turned on "Show ? Buildings" but this apparently applies to 'unknown' buildings, not homes or businesses.

Reactions: Vinfamy
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes