boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I might be losing my mind but I swear there was a way to control the camera during sex scenes in previous versions (admittedly I haven't played since several versions back). I'm able to zoom in and out with the middle mouse scroll, but other than that I can't remember how to rotate or move/look up or down.

I'm also having trouble getting the "This thread" search feature to work... it's giving me posts from other games' threads when I try to search for "camera control" in here.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I might be losing my mind but I swear there was a way to control the camera during sex scenes in previous versions (admittedly I haven't played since several versions back). I'm able to zoom in and out with the middle mouse scroll, but other than that I can't remember how to rotate or move/look up or down.

I'm also having trouble getting the "This thread" search feature to work... it's giving me posts from other games' threads when I try to search for "camera control" in here.
hold down middle mouse button and move your mouse

Reactions: boblicticious

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
Untitled.jpg
The models are always very dark. This can be fixed in the customize r but when you have a sugar moma show up there is no option to customize her. My video card does have the latest drivers so that is it right? I need a new more powerful card?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 272936
The models are always very dark. This can be fixed in the customize r but when you have a sugar moma show up there is no option to customize her. My video card does have the latest drivers so that is it right? I need a new more powerful card?
The message just asks you to update your graphic card driver - which can be done for free in Nvidia Control Panel
You can edit any NPC in the game. Just go into the Contacts menu (hotkey P) > unlock all contacts > find your sugarmomma > edit appearance

Reactions: R0y

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
View attachment 272936
The 9800GT is exactly 11 years old tomorrow, and Nvidia stopped releasing new drivers for it a long time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why you're having issues. You should search up if there is a way to install new nvidia drivers on old hardware. The game might not run good for you anyways though.

Reactions: R0y

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hi @Vinfamy.
What are your plans for the future updates?

This summarizes the next two updates as well. Also after the next update's release, I will put out a poll to ask people whether I should go ahead and convert the male models to Daz as well

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Quick question about the stats:
Do positive values for Sub/Masochist represent increased tendencies for these behaviours? And negative values being Dom/Sadist?

For sex scenes, it wanted my female character to have a Sub/Masochist level below 50 for the rougher stuff to happen to her, which seemed odd to me.

Casper

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Liking the DAZ models. Great job.
female models shoild either be daz or legacy, mixing them doesn't look right
changes to the npc body type distribution don't seem to effect the daz models yet
realistic to today's blended families, had an ebony babe introduce me to her ivory sister
would love to see male daz models but it is a low priority for me

a small QOL request:
Can the installed maps be grouped at the top of the city list.

Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018

This summarizes the next two updates as well. Also after the next update's release, I will put out a poll to ask people whether I should go ahead and convert the male models to Daz as well
I vote yes on DAZ male models.

Quick question about the stats:
Do positive values for Sub/Masochist represent increased tendencies for these behaviours? And negative values being Dom/Sadist?

For sex scenes, it wanted my female character to have a Sub/Masochist level below 50 for the rougher stuff to happen to her, which seemed odd to me.
The sub/masochist is a bit confusing at start. The logic is this, high submissive / masochist means the character is lower in term of assertiveness, hence more submissive. Using BDSM terminology Top/Bottom, the higher the high submissive / masochist stat is, the more likely he/she is to be a Bottom.

Lower value in that stat means the character is more assertive / commanding, hence likelier to be a Top.

For me, the thing which threw me off whack when seeing this stat is the backslash, which to me signifies 'or'. I instinctively thought "Submissive OR Masochist" and both label are at the opposite end of the spectrum, either the character is submissive, OR is masochist. Took me a while to realize that it is meant to refer to a same thing.

I suggest the "/masochist" part is removed from the stat name. It is confusing, and, if BDSM is in the roadmap, better that masochism have it's own stat.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
changes to the npc body type distribution don't seem to effect the daz models yet
realistic to today's blended families, had an ebony babe introduce me to her ivory sister
would love to see male daz models but it is a low priority for me
Yeah these functionalities of the game haven't been tweaked to work with the Daz models yet, they will be, by the end of the Beta period for 2.0

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
I vote yes on DAZ male models.

The sub/masochist is a bit confusing at start. The logic is this, high submissive / masochist means the character is lower in term of assertiveness, hence more submissive. Using BDSM terminology Top/Bottom, the higher the high submissive / masochist stat is, the more likely he/she is to be a Bottom.

Lower value in that stat means the character is more assertive / commanding, hence likelier to be a Top.

For me, the thing which threw me off whack when seeing this stat is the backslash, which to me signifies 'or'. I instinctively thought "Submissive OR Masochist" and both label are at the opposite end of the spectrum, either the character is submissive, OR is masochist. Took me a while to realize that it is meant to refer to a same thing.

I suggest the "/masochist" part is removed from the stat name. It is confusing, and, if BDSM is in the roadmap, better that masochism have it's own stat.
Right, that was my thinking too. Which is why it was weird that my female character who had a high Sub value and her male partner who had a large negative Sub value (presumably being Dom and Sadist) couldn't access the rougher stuff.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Right, that was my thinking too. Which is why it was weird that my female character who had a high Sub value and her male partner who had a large negative Sub value (presumably being Dom and Sadist) couldn't access the rougher stuff.
I believe perversion stat also come into play for rougher stuff.

My suggestions for the game are:
  1. separate submissive and masochist stat, calling it dominant/submissive and sadist/masochist respectively. Submissive characters are not necessarily masochist
  2. upgrade the sex() api to be able to manually specify which character plays the dominant role. Consider the case of a masochist male with sadist female. The current API automatically determine that the male will be the dominant

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Is there a way to get a partner to move in with you?
Also odd glitch I found with the TF Start: If you have a pet with you and take him out for a walk, the 'Sleep' icon is permanently locked out. Even reloading a save wont' work.

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
The Game runs extremely laggy and slow. Even the loading at start takes about 2 to 3 mins. I don't mind turning down the graphics for a better performance.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Is there a way to get a partner to move in with you?
Also odd glitch I found with the TF Start: If you have a pet with you and take him out for a walk, the 'Sleep' icon is permanently locked out. Even reloading a save wont' work.
This scene should trigger eventually as long as your relationship is going well. You can force-trigger it by opening the consoe (~# or the tilde button or Insert) and type in move_in_with_dating , then Enter
The Game runs extremely laggy and slow. Even the loading at start takes about 2 to 3 mins. I don't mind turning down the graphics for a better performance.
The models have just been implemented - still more performance optimizations to go. Besides currently both legacy and Daz models are loaded at startup (because shemales still use the old models) - which is a bit of a waste of resource, in the next version, the legacy models won't be loaded at all unless you choose to use them.
There are settings in Esc > Settings that affect graphics and performance - Post Process Quality should have the most impact

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
i played this game before and its not bad but the incest is there text for it cuz its just that they have sex and stuff mostly is there ''story'' il call it ? also for the pregancny between lets say a mom and son
Incest sex scenes now have their own specific incest dirty talks and erotic descriptions. I added these 3-4 versions back.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I just had a brain dump onto the Discord general chat so I thought I would put it on here too: Not concrete plans at all, just some ideas:
I've been a thinking about a 'Recommended Actions' menu that suggests what to do based on the player's stats, current location, current companion and time of the day (9-5 weekdays recommedation to go to work, high interpersonal player gets recommended to go socialize at a nightclub on a Friday night for example)
So that those new to the game or can't be bothered to micro-manage what their character does each day can literally keep choosing the next action from a selection of 4-5 options from a menu (maybe even hotkeyed with Numpad 1 to select action 1 etc) without bothering about the map at all. Selecting an action from this menu automatically sends the player walking towards to an appropriate building for it and do it. Would also help with absolute beginners, guiding them to get a job / get a home etc
They'll still get the scenes and events trigger from these actions normally
(obviously this is for after the daz3d implementation is complete)

I also want to make the map look better too, so maybe we'll have something like:
  • next two updates: complete the Daz3d conversion for female characters
  • three updates after that: Daz3d conversion for male characters (I'll put this to a vote whether people want this done right away after the girls, but let's assume for now the poll returns yes)
  • one update after that for some sort of facelift for the maps
  • then one update for UI improvement, including this recommended actions thing
then I can finally promote the game as a full 'LifePlay 2' launch ,i.e. encouraging people who were put off by its previous flaws of graphics / learning curve to give it another go! :smiley: I'll probably make a new gameplay video for it etc (the last one was for 1.0 - way too outdated now)
basically 8 updates (counting the last released one) or ~4 months between 1.22 and 2.0 Final for a complete overhaul in terms of graphics and user-friendliness

What does everyone think? :p

@KastGamer: First make sure that the pregnancy module is on (Ctrl + M > tick 'Official Pregnancy module') then Ctrl + T > increase fertility to 100. Every woman you have sex with and cum inside will now get pregnant

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes