MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Wish this would make some younger ones. All the ones in update are 30+. 47 myself but the dev seems obsessed with people being in their 30s+. Why no early - mid 20s or late teens? How about Miley Cyrus? She's 27. Bonnie Rotten is 27.

TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
Does anyone know of a good resource to learn about the programming language used? I was looking at some scene files and there are some if and elseif statements I have tried to add for a new function, but I can't seem to get it to work.

illambris

Oct 5, 2019
Hey,

after some break I installed the current version and some maps. I noticed I have several maps with a lot of flickering, like Glasgow and Helsinki. It is often on parks / green space with streets on them. Like the game can't decide if it wants to show the green space or the street. Is this on my end or is it a problem with the map? Anyone else noticed it? I've found post in the whole thread about flickering textures, but no response, so it might be a driver's issue?

This is a great sim!

Edit: Also I re-downloaded the whole game, installed it in a new folder and deleted the old folder. I noticed there are still some mods being able to activate and I still have save games there. That feels strange?!?

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
Hey,

after some break I installed the current version and some maps. I noticed I have several maps with a lot of flickering, like Glasgow and Helsinki. It is often on parks / green space with streets on them. Like the game can't decide if it wants to show the green space or the street. Is this on my end or is it a problem with the map? Anyone else noticed it? I've found post in the whole thread about flickering textures, but no response, so it might be a driver's issue?

This is a great sim!

Edit: Also I re-downloaded the whole game, installed it in a new folder and deleted the old folder. I noticed there are still some mods being able to activate and I still have save games there. That feels strange?!?
go to local disk on mine it's (C:)>Users>'your username'>AppData> Local and delete the lifeplay folder from there too.

Reactions: illambris

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
Their is no names but numeric values
Meaning:
If tag_sharedboss = 456, sharedfamily = 456

To higher value of Actor2.getActorVar(tag_sharedboss), I will do Actor2.modifyActorVar(tag_sharedboss, 1)
So now, sharedfamily = 457
Ok, it's a numbers game If "sharedboss" = 2 and "sharedfamily" = "sharedboss" then they both equal 2. I was able to read up about the modifyActorVar (I missed it). However since it's possible to carry the numbers over from scene to scene and it's possible to modifiy the numbers in large quantities, what would you do if you lost track of what specific number your at? Or do you not do = anymore and start doing < or > instead to avoid any porblems? is it possible to reduce the ActorVar to 0 no matter how high it is?
What I do:
Create a preset character and call it whatever you want: mine is rk_model_Elf_God
ElfGod = generatePersonTemporary(rk_model_Elf_God)
ElfGod.show()
Player(Happy)::"Hi <ElfGod.name>"...........
So this would be a working model? And would I have to have the specific character or premade character or could I use the game to generate a character and say some random "Actor1" and just go with that? I'm assuming (if I understand the numbers right) I dont have to use the term "sharedfamily" I can make up whatever I want. However could I have the game already select a character that already exists in the game, like a friend, acquaintance, co-worker, random person in your contacts, ect.?

Last edited:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Go to "Customize NPC Distribution". There in the top right set Male and Female values, so that they are in addition 1. I have 0,5 for both.

Reactions: jack brisen

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
What I do:
Create a preset character and call it whatever you want: mine is rk_model_Elf_God
ElfGod = generatePersonTemporary(rk_model_Elf_God)
ElfGod.show()
Player(Happy)::"Hi <ElfGod.name>"...........
Could I use a getRelative command instead of a getspecific command if I was going to use a relative in the opening scene and then assign a tag for their getActorVar?

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
Pixiie, The Sex Android by Medievalover
Pixiie,The Sex Android (Wallpaper).jpg

Hey, guys! Since I've had so much fun creating my previous character and having a lot of ideas, now I brought to you my new character: Pixiie, The Sex Android!
Have you ever imagined having your own perfect sex android to satisfy your deepest desires? Now it's reality! She can do everything: cleaning, cooking, solving your homework and making you feel good! She can do the kinkiest things, depending on her master's "creative" mind!

Pixiie is a hand-drawn character by myself, with unique textures, skin color, makeup and drawn cyborg details.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DOWNLOAD:

Enjoy ❤

Screenshot_99.png Screenshot_85.png Screenshot_88.png Screenshot_89.png Screenshot_90.png Screenshot_93.png Screenshot_96.png Screenshot_97.png Screenshot_98.png

Last edited:

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Does anyone know of a good resource to learn about the programming language used? I was looking at some scene files and there are some if and elseif statements I have tried to add for a new function, but I can't seem to get it to work.

So For Loops and If statements are standard functions within programming languages in general. You can learn those technically in any language baring "syntax" (Language specific commands/names)

But to answer your question, Unreal Engine uses C++.

This might help, Vinfamy included a Docs folder in the Lifeplay folder (one with the .exe) that explains how to mod certain content.

1617672076549.png

LulaBR

Jul 18, 2019
Guys, do you know how I can import worlds from OpenStreetMap to the game? I'd like to play in other cities (not listed on the world cities mega.nz list).

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Guys, do you know how I can import worlds from OpenStreetMap to the game? I'd like to play in other cities (not listed on the world cities mega.nz list).
No you can't import your own maps. If a request is made Vinfamy (dm or tag them) might add those cities to the list.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v4-0-beta-1-vinfamy.11321/post-2604111
I have to make the maps myself as much as it's a very easy processes because Unreal Engine needs to have the full list of maps at the time of the game's build, it can't read external uasset files the same way it reads the text files in Content/Modules
Also 'Search Box' is your friend. ;)

trynremember

Nov 21, 2019
I am having some trouble with modified NPC hair, it always seems to reset to the base hair style for NPCs. For example if i save a preset with modified Cydna hair, then load an NPC with the preset, the hair changes to regular Cydna hair. Even editing the hair again it always resets back to base.
This does not seem to happen when I do it to my character appearance so I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Could anyone help ?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes