Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
but I have my own opinion.
Here's why some people get annoyed with other peoples "opinions"....

Sharing it is fine, we all have an opinion on something and not everyone likes the same thing. The problem there is once you've shared your opinion, any more after that looks silly.

See, when people don't like something they say that and then move on to something they do like. What they don't do is stick around repeating that they don't like something because that's immature and dumb as fuck.

Sticking around beyond pointing out your initial dislike is then seen as trolling because then you're just baiting those that do.

Advising against a game isn't sharing an opinion either, then you are just baiting for a reaction which you are obviously going to get.

Liolleren

Nov 10, 2018
Here's why some people get annoyed with other peoples "opinions"....

Sharing it is fine, we all have an opinion on something and not everyone likes the same thing. The problem there is once you've shared your opinion, any more after that looks silly.

See, when people don't like something they say that and then move on to something they do like. What they don't do is stick around repeating that they don't like something because that's immature and dumb as fuck.

Sticking around beyond pointing out your initial dislike is then seen as trolling because then you're just baiting those that do.

Advising against a game isn't sharing an opinion either, then you are just baiting for a reaction which you are obviously going to get.
You know, maybe I chose the words a bit wrong. Others do it too. If I probably hadn't written "People don't listen to other people" It would be different. Or a little less complaining. However, if you read the other comments, they are not sacred either.

• Angry
Reactions: gubp

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Why not? I'm a huge fan of this game (it's the best game on this site!) but this was a lonely chapter for the MC.

If someone brings up a good point, it doesn't hurt to discuss it. Actually, it might help the writer to hear feedback on which story devices are most effective and how general audiences react to it. Writers don't expect audiences to love every moment of their story. Sometimes a chapter is sad, isolating, sorrowful. That was basically my read of this one.

Personally, I'm ready for the MC to return home and get back to the wonderful "helping Denise" plot line.
hopefully nightyread this - so no "helping denise" means "no game", ie lonely sad mc, for real?
and only way to improve is to bring helping denise back as soon as possible, and keep her as a center in every other chapter...and you call yourself "a huge fan of this game":FacePalm:damn, apart from those pathetic trolls (appearing in waves, as usual), now even true game fans are becoming a bit out of order:BootyTime:
The way as I see this game Denise isnt the LoML, Macy (which i personally prefer much more) isnt LoML, any other single character alone isnt LoML...The game brings a complex story, and consists of more than "bring us desired fun with our favorite in every update" as you and few others think it should look alike.
p.s.
Chill-E, please listen to your own advice, and stop bringing that/those trolls to the surface;)

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
You hear You write the same as the others / This game is wonderful, fantastic, amazing, the best. Get it folks! Well, that's for 200 pages. It literally is, and you can't challenge it!
In terms of production value and story craft, it is the best game on the site, period.

But you are right that it's not a perfect game. Lord of the Rings is not a perfect novel, but it's fucking good stuff and fans are very loyal. I think there is a balance to strike between "no criticism of our favorite thing" and "all the great reviews are lying." In my humble opinion, either strike that balance or you might not be worth listening to.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I'm a huge fan of this game (it's the best game on this site!) but this was a lonely chapter for the MC.

If someone brings up a good point, it doesn't hurt to discuss it. Actually, it might help the writer to hear feedback on which story devices are most effective and how general audiences react to it. Writers don't expect audiences to love every moment of their story. Sometimes a chapter is sad, isolating, sorrowful. That was basically my read of this one.

Personally, I'm ready for the MC to return home and get back to the wonderful "helping Denise" plot line.

naughtyroad
I love the game, but the most recent chapter did seem lacking in several ways. I did love the scene with the bear, which represents how this game can be humorous and fun. But the chapter did seem repetitive, with the end result of so much build up being...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If that had been the mid chapter build up, it would've been great. But as the end result of the chapter, it seemed disappointing.

I am looking forward to what comes next...

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
THANK YOU!! I LOVE YOU FOR IT !!! I don't want to pick on anything and fussy about everything. But the writing is bad, The humor is terrible, Our daughters are going to the father, how wow he is, but we don't even see anything !! It's just ...99% of Other Games are 3DCG Games! Here we have ghosts! SPIRITS! At 90% Game
PS: I'm not picking on the graphics, just saying how awful this game is.
1. The Writing is AAA Game. Your opinion on this is therefore irrelevant as you do not even realize what you are talking about. 5 Stages of grief portrayed hidden in the dialouge, backstory and foreshadowing scenes from intro to the latest part of the current update. Portrayal of a chained consciousness with fantasy elements and a side story. Humor that works without words but by portrayal of a scene alone and some good placed dialouges inside the story.

2. Humor is subjective. If the majority find it funny (which they do) your opinion again is irrelevant.

3. The girls are his wards. If you think they are his daughers you changed that yourself. The dev never made it this way.
Ah yes i assume at the place you live it is entirely different. Daughters see their father and instantly bang him. Is this the place with this famous song? "My father is my uncle...." sorry can't remember the rest.

4. It isn't 99% of other games as the models of the girls is hand made and unique in any way shape or form and inspired by real people not the generic overcopied 3D Daz Models you can find literally in almost every game on this forum. So again you make no sense.

5. 90% Game? You the dev or why you claim to know how finished this game is? And you are picking. On a free game. Which cost you literally 0. Like an entitled little child that wants something but parents said no.
The dev is literally 1 dude alone making all of this. Has a Wife and a private life. Also a daytime job. Yet instead of thanking that man for giving you all of this for FREE you sit here and start telling how much you hate any of this.

Solution: Make your own game and make it better. And i will criticize it on a professional level as a writer not charging any money.

You hear You write the same as the others / This game is wonderful, fantastic, amazing, the best. Get it folks! Well, that's for 200 pages. It literally is, and you can't challenge it!
You can't challenge it because you lack the arguments for it. I write for a living and i can criticize stuff you wouldn't even know to look for. Yet you see me praising this game and some others. If you think you have the arguments to criticize this one go ahead and do so.

However quotes like "I do not like" (Insert personal opinion here) is not critique of any kind. Thats literally saying your opinion should overrule anyone else.

CaptainSpunk

Apr 30, 2020
The air pirate flying boat Animation is game breaking for me...program stops responding on that screen.
I'm not updating my PC for this, i guess i can't play this anymore then.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The air pirate flying boat Animation is game breaking for me...program stops responding on that screen.
I do hate to be a bitch but it's still Ren'py, it doesn't use much in the way of resources.

If that scene is causing your rig issues then it doesn't need updating because of 1 game, it needs updating because it's a potato.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Light of My Life [Ch.5 v0.6.1] Naughty Road

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.77 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.75 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 698 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 681 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
how recover the prologue choices where we can unlock gallery ?

I've had another user report a similar issue, using a very old laptop with some integrated graphics card. That scene has a loop of half a dozen UHD images to animate the propellers and basically your system can't keep up. Letting the system sit for a few minutes should allow the scene to run its course and that particular user reported no other issues in the remainder of the game. But yeah, like avaron pointed out, even though ren'py is pretty lightweight, there's only so much it can do when the hardware just isn't cutting it anymore.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
hopefully nightyread this - so no "helping denise" means "no game", ie lonely sad mc, for real?
and only way to improve is to bring helping denise back as soon as possible, and keep her as a center in every other chapter...and you call yourself "a huge fan of this game":FacePalm:damn, apart from those pathetic trolls (appearing in waves, as usual), now even true game fans are becoming a bit out of order:BootyTime:
The way as I see this game Denise isnt the LoML, Macy (which i personally prefer much more) isnt LoML, any other single character alone isnt LoML...The game brings a complex story, and consists of more than "bring us desired fun with our favorite in every update" as you and few others think it should look alike.
p.s.
Chill-E, please listen to your own advice, and stop bringing that/those trolls to the surface;)
LoML seems at the current state to be the people around you that help build you up when u are down. The people who you can share time with and accept you the way you are without any filters or pretending of any sort. The people who help you over grief and do anything in their power to make you laugh again in hard times.

In this story it would seem aside from Denise and Macy even Brooke could be such a light. And the owners of the Diner are also a light for Macy.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes