naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
I actually tried Daz earlier with their starter Genesis 8 models and when rendering my computer was super loud, made me afraid that my fans were breaking lol. Not sure if my current rig is built for this then lol.
(...)
Yeah, chances are it's having trouble dealing with it.

Daz will utilize your CPU (and I mean, work the heck out of it) if you don't have a cuda device (e.g. an NVidia graphics card).
It'll also if you leave the CPU ticked on under render settings->advanced-?devices (and infuriatingly, it's on by default). And it'll fall back to it if your scene is to large to fit into the RAM on your NVidia graphics card.

People have burnt out their rigs rendering on CPU (especially on laptops, which aren't built to cope with the heat of 100% CPU utilization for prolonged periods of time).

DioVAnna

May 24, 2020
I'm really excited to play the next update. The writing in this games amazing, also the characters have a really unique design. And on top of that if wasn't for this developer I would have never found this site. When I first played this game and reached the end of that update he recommended F95zone. And I haven't gone back since, all other adult game sites would throttled my download speeds in an attempt to squeeze money from me. IF the developer ever reads this post, I like to give them a big thank you.

HerrBalrog

Nov 13, 2017
I thought this game had been abandoned, and panicked for a second... But thank God it isn't! I really, REALLY like both the artwork and the script! naughtyroad thank you for your continued efforts! I'd love to be your supporter, but my country's currency went from 1 USD = 2.8 BRL to 1 USD = 5 BRL, and being unemployed makes things even harder... Hopefully, when my drawing tablet arrives (I invested everything I have in it :p) and I somehow manage to make some money off of my weird Trictal (tribal + fractal) drawings, I'll be able to finally buy you (and also Aleksey90) some coffee :D You can tell that I "hate" both games so much that somehow they made it into my sigs, hehe.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I thought this game had been abandoned, and panicked for a second... But thank God it isn't! I really, REALLY like both the artwork and the script! naughtyroad thank you for your continued efforts! I'd love to be your supporter, but my country's currency went from 1 USD = 2.8 BRL to 1 USD = 5 BRL, and being unemployed makes things even harder... Hopefully, when my drawing tablet arrives (I invested everything I have in it :p) and I somehow manage to make some money off of my weird Trictal (tribal + fractal) drawings, I'll be able to finally buy you (and also Aleksey90) some coffee :D You can tell that I "hate" both games so much that somehow they made it into my sigs, hehe.
Don't worry this game can't be abandoned. I would personally look into this getting done and visit naughtyroad with maximum effort........

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
BTW dev: when this project ends, you should use the sisters for your next project (if you have one) (y)

Recently i finaly finished some female mc games like Project Myriam - Life and Explorations, Anna Exciting Affection, The Office and MILF Warrior and found them to be more entertaining than male mc, so could be awesome to have a Macy or Denise mc game so bye for now duds!

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) Hopefully, when my drawing tablet arrives (I invested everything I have in it :p) and I somehow manage to make some money off of my weird Trictal (tribal + fractal) drawings, I'll be able to finally buy you (and also Aleksey90) some coffee (...)
Cheers and no worries, first and foremost I hope it'll pan out for you and you'll be able to get back on your feet.

BTW dev: when this project ends, you should use the sisters for your next project (if you have one) (y)

Recently i finaly finished some female mc games like Project Myriam - Life and Explorations, Anna Exciting Affection, The Office and MILF Warrior and found them to be more entertaining than male mc, so could be awesome to have a Macy or Denise mc game so bye for now duds!
Well, it's an interesting notion, but for now, I still have no idea what the next project will be. There's some problems with setting M+D off on their own though; I don't really want to rob them of another caretaker, and I can't imagine them leaving each other willingly. I can imagine a temporary separation like the girls setting off for a trip together, or the male MC setting off on a business trip for a week or two, but something like that would last no longer than a single chapter side story at most, and it'd still require a story that makes sense for whatever happens in that period.

At any rate, first thing on the agenda is to finish this chapter, and ultimately, this game, and then we'll worry about future projects.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, it's an interesting notion, but for now, I still have no idea what the next project will be. There's some problems with setting M+D off on their own though; I don't really want to rob them of another caretaker, and I can't imagine them leaving each other willingly. I can imagine a temporary separation like the girls setting off for a trip together, or the male MC setting off on a business trip for a week or two, but something like that would last no longer than a single chapter side story at most, and it'd still require a story that makes sense for whatever happens in that period.

At any rate, first thing on the agenda is to finish this chapter, and ultimately, this game, and then we'll worry about future projects.
Uh boy would i have ideas about that...... but i posted them enough already. My daughter however had an idea for a spin off.

When this game is finished they simply make their own story. Literally. All of them sit down and make Light of my Life.

Denise and the MC sitting on the table discussin a game gave her the idea. No clue how much of the stuff you already have you could reuse.
Her other idea was that they all go on a vacation on the same spot again as macy wants payback on that bear...........

Reactions: LarryK and Willert

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Is there a french mod for Light of my life? I thried searching the apropriate section of the forum but couldn't find any. So either I am blind or I will need to learn Ren'py coding and try doing it myself.
I want to share the game with my girl friend but her English is prety bad so here I am.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Cheers and no worries, first and foremost I hope it'll pan out for you and you'll be able to get back on your feet.

Perhaps Brooke's adventures at her new job, or the Coven moving on to a new employer.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: naughtyroad

Gray21

May 19, 2020
i love this game, if there is one comment i would make is that scenes with Macy and Denise need to be more explicit in general visually, like the scene in the bathtub was amazing, or in the pond, but could have used a few more angles and images imo, especially compared to the other scenes with other characters. But thats just me, i still love this game, its one of my all time favorite from all the games i played here, godspeed Naughtyroad, i wish you the best.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
i love this game, if there is one comment i would make is that scenes with Macy and Denise need to be more explicit in general visually, like the scene in the bathtub was amazing, or in the pond, but could have used a few more angles and images imo, especially compared to the other scenes with other characters. But thats just me, i still love this game, its one of my all time favorite from all the games i played here, godspeed Naughtyroad, i wish you the best.
Cheers, and although I'd love to do more, there's already a ton of images in those two scenes. For instance, the bathroom scene, I quickly counted about 170 character renders and about 15 background ones (including HDRI's for the paperdoll renders) for the whole sequence, resulting in some 310 images when it's all cut up and ready for scripting the transforms and putting it in ren'py.
The pond scene is quite similar, at about 102 images for the paperdolls in the water, 82 for the ||picnic|| and maybe 80 more for the regular conversation emotes, and a dozen or so background and HDRI images.

These game scenes are already massive, and given that individual daz scenes (which yields two render normally) will take hours to create (mind, that's setting up, posing and lighting, and not counting rendering, post work, cutting up, scripting transforms and puttin in ren'py), adding even more would push the production time of that single game scene into months instead of weeks.

But I take it as a compliment you do hunger for more, which probably meant you enjoyed them.

Gray21

May 19, 2020
Cheers, and although I'd love to do more, there's already a ton of images in those two scenes. For instance, the bathroom scene, I quickly counted about 170 character renders and about 15 background ones (including HDRI's for the paperdoll renders) for the whole sequence, resulting in some 310 images when it's all cut up and ready for scripting the transforms and putting it in ren'py.
The pond scene is quite similar, at about 102 images for the paperdolls in the water, 82 for the ||picnic|| and maybe 80 more for the regular conversation emotes, and a dozen or so background and HDRI images.

These game scenes are already massive, and given that individual daz scenes (which yields two render normally) will take hours to create (mind, that's setting up, posing and lighting, and not counting rendering, post work, cutting up, scripting transforms and puttin in ren'py), adding even more would push the production time of that single game scene into months instead of weeks.

But I take it as a compliment you do hunger for more, which probably meant you enjoyed them.
i absolutely do want more, and i did really enjoy those scenes, and i absolutely do get where you are coming from, but hear me out:p In the pond scene, there is a moment where you describe, in intricate detail, how beautiful Denise and Macy are and how their underwear sticks to their bodies, etc., while that is quite visible, a few closeup images, without any cutups, just one or two static renders during those descriptions would have elevated that scene even higher than already is, at least for me. Same with the bathtub scene. I know i have no right to ask stuff like this, and i really dont expect you to change your workflow, im just throwing ideas out there :). Like i said i love your game, and i look forward for the next chapter. Your writing is the best i have seen on this site, and you have truly created something special here.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017

You lost me at HDRI's...... Hooter Development Research Institutes.....No? Well it was worth a try....

But i do not understand alot about daz anyway aside from making the hooters dreams are made of. Anything else is beyond my skill :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Uh boy would i have ideas about that...... but i posted them enough already. My daughter however had an idea for a spin off.

When this game is finished they simply make their own story. Literally. All of them sit down and make Light of my Life.

Denise and the MC sitting on the table discussin a game gave her the idea. No clue how much of the stuff you already have you could reuse.
Her other idea was that they all go on a vacation on the same spot again as macy wants payback on that bear...........
Them making LomL is an interesting notion, and the thought had crossed my mind tbh. Getting payback on the bear, that'll be an interesting one. I can imagine Macy tracking it down to it's lair where it's hibernating and licking it back, just as it's waking up and too groggy to resist, yelling "let's see how you like it, you.... animal. <mlem>". And then spent the rest of the afternoon brushing her teeth to get the taste out, regretting her decision.

Is there a french mod for Light of my life? I thried searching the apropriate section of the forum but couldn't find any. (...)
Personally, I'm aware that there's an Italian translation, and I heard the other day there's also a new Portuguese (BR) translation out there, but I'm not aware of a French one, sorry.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Them making LomL is an interesting notion, and the thought had crossed my mind tbh. Getting payback on the bear, that'll be an interesting one. I can imagine Macy tracking it down to it's lair where it's hibernating and licking it back, just as it's waking up and too groggy to resist, yelling "let's see how you like it, you.... animal. <mlem>". And then spent the rest of the afternoon brushing her teeth to get the taste out, regretting her decision.
Now this needs to happen......I just has to! This is hereby officially CANON!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes