Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
For those who missed it _ Here is the latest Progress Update ;)
View attachment 1330014
Come on, just a (big) effort and all the still gray images will take on color, just like us who have become all gray while waiting for the future chapter ... Thank you man, we are (finally) seeing the end of the tunnel we've been in for a long time, waiting for the next one ...

viper217

Apr 18, 2020
Ok went to Discord and had a look to check on the progress of one of my favourite games. So trying to equate the 7 months progress to what is coloured in and what is still to do it looks like it will be another 2 months before chapter 6 update? So potentially 9 months since last update... man I hope the wait is really worth it.

satan1972

Apr 25, 2017
Ok went to Discord and had a look to check on the progress of one of my favourite games. So trying to equate the 7 months progress to what is coloured in and what is still to do it looks like it will be another 2 months before chapter 6 update? So potentially 9 months since last update... man I hope the wait is really worth it.
I'd rather Naughty Road takes 9 Months to Plan, Render, Script and Deliver a good chunk of great content; rather than update every week with a scene or two like other devs do (to milk the Subscriptions). It's also the two weekly updaters that break their saves and have to split their games into multiple parts (episodes or chapters) because they create more bugs they cant track with the release schedule they try to keep.

Keep working Naughty Road, we are willing to wait.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
I'm sure it will be. And as a supporter I have every confidence in NR - He takes care of business and has never let us down. This is not like a Honey-Select or DAZ game/VN where you just grab a model and drop it on a background. The art and scene production of LoML is next level, so is the story and writing. (y) Yes, it's worth the wait.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
I'm sure it will be. And as a supporter I have every confidence in NR - He takes care of business and has never let us down. This is not like a Honey-Select or DAZ game/VN where you just grab a model and drop it on a background. The art and scene production of LoML is next level, so is the story and writing. (y) Yes, it's worth the wait.
Exactly, I totally agree. LoML is of the same script and graphic quality as far too rare VNs, such as Summer's Gone, Chasing Sunsets, Acting Lessons, Halfway House, City of Broken Dreamers, Where It All Began, Where The Heart Is, Leap of Faith, and I certainly forgot some and I apologize to their DEVs. NR is undoubtedly of the same caliber as the DEVs of all these magnificent stories which delight us and for which we gladly forgive the (small...) delays in the publication of the following chapters. We know that the quality and respect for the supporters are there. J'ai dit !!

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
I just leave the devs make their magic, while i wait i find some others hobbies, for example i just got into some retro games i never tried like Castlevania saga and The King of Fighters saga (i cant believe i skiped suck jewels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:) and just post some crap here to see what NR has done so far (y)

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I just leave the devs make their magic, while i wait i find some others hobbies, for example i just got into some retro games i never tried like Castlevania saga and The King of Fighters saga (i cant believe i skiped suck jewels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:) and just post some crap here to see what NR has done so far (y)
Castlevania is already retro? Dear god how old am i? According to my offspring i am between my actual age and dust......

Anyway......... you could also try old Zelda games or my personal favorite of all times the Legacy of Kain franchise. Thats always a winner in my book to pass time. Or to confuse the hell out of your kids as the story has more twists than i can count and i am playing it again since last week ^^

• Haha
Reactions: gubp and SSBBSNAKE

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
Castlevania is already retro? Dear god how old am i? According to my offspring i am between my actual age and dust......
We are not old, we are clasics :cool: and about your games, sorry to tell you i found zelda to be one highly overhyped game, too much boring crap to do, while on my youth, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was one o my first games, and one hell of a underground gem on the ps1

Now that you mention the LoK saga i could play some Soul Reaver too (y)(y)(y)

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
We are not old, we are clasics :cool: and about your games, sorry to tell you i found zelda to be one highly overhyped game, too much boring crap to do, while on my youth, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was one o my first games, and one hell of a underground gem on the ps1

Uh classics i like that. And it sounds alot better than what i get called by my children. Well Zelda has alot of flaws but one or two gems have been made.
Ps1 Underground gem indeed. The story for the LoK series including soul reaver was done by a professional female writer (Amy Hennig) and it shows. She is a living legend.

Speaking of underground gems we are in the thread of a gem but hopefully LomL will not stay underground and naughtyroad can shower in money in the future.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

I'm old. My dad brought home one of the original gaming consoles - pong. The one with the two lines you could move up and down to try to hit the bouncing pixel.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm old. My dad brought home one of the original gaming consoles - pong. The one with the two lines you could move up and down to try to hit the bouncing pixel.
Got one in my closet. It was a gift from my wife. Maybe I'm a classic, but either way I'm definitely old... Given the alternative, I'll take it. (y)

Reactions: clowns234

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
Well im classic but not Pong classic. I mean, i was born during snes/genesis era and psx/n64 was my era...

Evil Surgeon

Apr 8, 2021
Wow, all this talk is giving me a huge feeling of nostalgia.

I remember being 7 in 1984 and getting my first gaming system.. the mighty Atari 2600, and my first game was Pitfall. :cry:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
My parents brought home the Fairchild Channel F console. I seem to dimly remember the Magnavox Odyssey as well.

Reactions: clowns234

meyele

Jun 4, 2017
Man what the hell happened here?
You don't have to give Naughty any money if you don't want to, but he's doing a REALLY good job with his game, i'll go ahead and say that this is BY FAR the most polished Ren'Py VN i've seen in this website and he deserves the support and love people in here give to him everyday.
I don't see you getting mad at other developers who have made mediocre at best games and have huge paywalls to their content,of all the games in here this is one that is worth to support.
i don't believe he's milking the game, i believe he's one of the few who actually care about his game and wants it to be the best he can make it, and it shows.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Man what the hell happened here?
You don't have to give Naughty any money if you don't want to, but he's doing a REALLY good job with his game, i'll go ahead and say that this is BY FAR the most polished Ren'Py VN i've seen in this website and he deserves the support and love people in here give to him everyday.
I don't see you getting mad at other developers who have made mediocre at best games and have huge paywalls to their content,of all the games in here this is one that is worth to support.
i don't believe he's milking the game, i believe he's one of the few who actually care about his game and wants it to be the best he can make it, and it shows.
You won't see such people in threads in which a dev actually IS milking his fanbase. Like A wife and mother, Innocent witches or Apocalust. Strangely they come here and other threads in which devs actually pamper their fanbase and have entire discussions with them or share ideas and concepts to start making stuff up and trying to start a verbal fight over something that doesn't exist.
No clue what the issue with this guy is but isn't it amazing how every single time it is a newbie with a relative fresh account who starts complaining about made up problems?

Makes you wonder if it is always the same dude who makes a new acc after he got banned on the others. :ROFLMAO:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Cheers, and thanks for all your kind words. It does help, I can tell you. In this case, it's not the guy that got banned, if you look at the history, there's some nice and resonable interactions there.

I think what's happened here is mostly that someone burnt by past experiences somehow's gotten to feel that devs are the unpleasantness that has has to be dealt with to get to your favorite games, like some the creepy peddler that is trying to overcharge you for your order while they keep licking their lips as they stare at your groin. I don't get that, really, I'm making the entire game free for everyone to play the moment it releases, no content locked, no paywalls in place. But I guess if you're burned good, you have a hard time seeing the difference.

Still, I can't say it doesn't burn right back. I'm putting everything I got into this, night after night, weekend after weekend, all I really want is for people to play this and enjoy this (and if you want to support in any way, you get my deepest gratitude, but if you don't or can't, I'm still happy as a June bug that you're enjoying this game, because that's why I'm doing this in the first place). Someone coming along and trying to make it like you're the thing that's wrong with this industry, or some money-grabbing corporate entity, or a lazy bum milking hapless rubes for all they got, that really throws me, and I can assure you it's the best way possible to suck the joy out of the day of any dev out there who loves this little *********** of the internet and is trying to give a little back to it.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Frankly, NR, if there are still some assholes who have nothing better to do than come and throw up anything, just to make themselves feel like they exist, then you piss them off. Shit them off just by not giving them any attention or importance (they don't have any importance) and you stay focused on your supporters, the real ones, the ones who love what you do and wait as long as it takes for you to create the future chapters of your beautiful story with your even more beautiful heroines ... the rest is irrelevant!

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes