Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
No worries.

I usually don't give out release dates until I'm sure I can make it (because it doesn't matter how many ifs and buts I put in, it will be a rock solid date in everyone's mind anyway, and tentative dates always shift).
That time that I can be pretty sure I can make a date is coming close. Keep an eye out on that progress graph thingy (updated Wednesdays on my discord, and it usually finds its way here).
anticipation.gif

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
OMG over £20000 for an update, this is a joke don't care how good it is. it's a PT
That's like 1/4th of what dark cookie makes in a month with 2 shitty updates per year, so it's nothing really.
But atleast they're putting "some work" into it as oppose to a chick with a nice ass or tits making hundred thousands of dollars just by showing it online for a fee. :D

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
OMG over £20000 for an update, this is a joke don't care how good it is. it's a PT
OMG, at 2130 hrs sunk into the update (public info since I publish my hours), that's actually only slightly higher than UK minimum wage (or rather, half of UK minimum wage once the taxman takes their bite). it also means I've spent more than 250 hours more at this point than you'd work in a whole year if you held a 40hrs/w job in the UK, and it's only just halfway October.

In other words, do one, you blert.

Last edited:

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
OMG, at 2130 hrs sunk into the update (public info since I publish my hours), that's actually only slightly higher than UK minimum wage (or rather, half of UK minimum wage once the taxman taxes their bite). it also means I've spent more than 250 hours more at this point than you'd work in a whole year if you held a 40hrs/w job in the UK, and it's only just halfway October.

In other words, do one, you blert.
Not to mention the expense of making this for us. Wear and teaar (maybe even a dedicated high end PC). Crazy power usgae for renderring. I expect many of the assets in the game started live as puchased libraries before they got lovingly personalized? Amy number of bowuets of flowers to keep the wife sweet :)

I for one don't begrudge the donations given to NR.

PS. To the best of my knowledge EVERY single person who criticeses NR here has not devoloped a game, so they speak from ignorance.

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
It's like you don't even know which site you are on. It's not costing you a dime. What is it to you if people choose to support something they like. Don't be a hater.
Honestly he’s right.
For a game that if marketed has made more than a fortune.
I was giving money too until
It reached 7 months then I said no more.
The game so far is good no doubt but 20,000$ good ?? no way
Sorry if this upsets any one but really. Not sorry.. But 5 updates and the only npcs that get “busy” are the ugly second string office freaks.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Not to mention the expense of making this for us. Wear and teaar (maybe even a dedicated high end PC). Crazy power usgae for renderring. I expect many of the assets in the game started live as puchased libraries before they got lovingly personalized? Amy number of bowuets of flowers to keep the wife sweet :)

I for one don't begrudge the donations given to NR.
Cheers. Well, let me shed a light on that: the rig was my gaming rig before I got into dev'ing, and since it's gotten a cpu/mainboard/memory upgrade, a 1T SSD added, twin 2070 supers plugged in, and a new power supply installed to keep up. Even though I've registered as a self-employed professional for tax purposes, those are non-deductible because the computer sees personal use. :sneaky:

Wrt assets and software, as of now I've ringed up just south of 1.5K euros in cost since I started (about 600 this update). That's tax deductible though, so that means the tax man has to give half of that back when they take their bite. Ha!

Wrt the power usage, I'm afraid to check tbh. And I owe the missus a truckload of flowers right around now, she's been seriously patient with my obsessive shenanigans through all this.

azafloo

Aug 19, 2020
Cheers. Well, let me shed a light on that: the rig was my gaming rig before I got into dev'ing, and since it's gotten a cpu/mainboard/memory upgrade, a 1T SSD added, twin 2070 supers plugged in, and a new power supply installed to keep up. Even though I've registered as a self-employed professional for tax purposes, those are non-deductible because the computer sees personal use. :sneaky:

Wrt assets and software, as of now I've ringed up just south of 1.5K euros in cost since I started (about 600 this update). That's tax deductible though, so that means the tax man has to give half of that back when they take their bite. Ha!

Wrt the power usage, I'm afraid to check tbh. And I owe the missus a truckload of flowers right around now, she's been seriously patient with my obsessive shenanigans through all this.
Do you take render time donations?

Have two 16+ core rigs and 2080ti/3080ti that are sitting there 18hrs/day doing nothing meaningful

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Honestly he’s right.
For a game that if marketed has made more than a fortune.
I was giving money too until
It reached 7 months then I said no more.
The game so far is good no doubt but 20,000$ good ?? no way
Sorry if this upsets any one but really. Not sorry.. But 5 updates and the only npcs that get “busy” are the ugly second string office freaks.
While I'm really grateful for whatever support you gave, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. I'd say, feeling short changed when a dev put in more work by October than a full-time employee in the UK would put in in a full year, that makes you a rather toxic kind of supporter to have, and it's supporters like that that no doubt attribute to the high burn-out rate among devs.

I feel really, really blessed that most of my supporters are the polar opposite, and don't feel the need to pressure a dev into burning themselves out, and just trust me to give all I can, responsibly, to get this game done.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Even though I've registered as a self-employed professional for tax purposes, those are non-deductible because the computer sees personal use. :sneaky:
Is my english this bad or did you just seriously tell me that your Rig is non-deductible because you can use it for personal stuff and you can't save taxes on that one?
Do what i did. Get a second rig and put your high end shit into that for the dev stuff and tell the tax ppl to get fucked. As you can deduct anything from there on forward for that specific registered device. I have a laptop as i cleary do no heavy lifting other than typing shit into it but when i showed up at their place and showed them that my laptop is literally only used for writing, ideas and stuff related to work they didn't say shit. Which was a highlight of my life considering the fact that laptop cost almost 1500€ and is meant for gaming.

Lucky for me the ppl of the Tax office are dumb as fuck and can't see the difference of a high end laptop and a gameboy.

Any way to fuck the Tax office is a good way.

Forget the flowers. Get her a nice dress. Some bling bling and take her out to a nice dinner and maybe a movie night like in the good old days.

As an expert in fuck ups this always resets the doom clock back to 0. :ROFLMAO:

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
While I'm really grateful for whatever support you gave, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. I'd say, feeling short changed when a dev put in more work by October than a full-time employee in the UK would put in in a full year, that makes you a rather toxic kind of supporter to have, and it's supporters like that that no doubt attribute to the high burn-out rate among devs.

I feel really, really blessed that most of my supporters are the polar opposite, and don't feel the need to pressure a dev into burning themselves out, and just trust me to give all I can, responsibly, to get this game done.
I’m not asking for anything from you. You do you . You’re entitled to your opinion on my toxicity Just like I’m entitled to my opinion …
If you were not making your game this site is full of a variety of others.. who are doing the exact same thing… slow build high money rake in.. If others see paying you 500$ a year for your game that’s on them. I just don’t

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes