Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I’m not asking for anything from you. You do you . You’re entitled to your opinion on my toxicity Just like I’m entitled to my opinion …
If you were not making your game this site is full of a variety of others.. who are doing the exact same thing… slow build high money rake in.. If others see paying you 500$ a year for your game that’s on them. I just don’t
Unfortunately a few people seem to think being entitled to their opinion means it's ok to act like an ass. In other words just because you can do or say something, doesn't mean you should. Learn to have some class and try to think what it's like to be in the other person's shoes. So in conclusion don't be a blert.

On a side note I looked it up and found out blert is an actual word. Who knew? Naughtyroad not only making great VNs but broadening all our vocabularies too (y)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
While I'm really grateful for whatever support you gave, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. I'd say, feeling short changed when a dev put in more work by October than a full-time employee in the UK would put in in a full year, that makes you a rather toxic kind of supporter to have, and it's supporters like that that no doubt attribute to the high burn-out rate among devs.
You are essentially producing a software product, one made massively more complex because of the video and audio, that is expected to come with it. Also you have to do the writing. A daunting task in and of itself. One hell of a challenge.

But you're not doing it to make money. My bet is that you use the monetary support you've gather to defray costs.

I would love to know what percentage of the people who frequent this site have ANY real world experience developing complex software programs. I'd guess is that it's a rather small minority. You're responsive about your progress (and your hours as you mentioned) so only the clueless can hold the view you're somehow profiteering.

The other piece that these loons ignore is that they aren't buying the game. There are many completed games that sell for $20-$35+ that cost hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars to develop. So yeah the pay a modest cost along with so many others that the development cost is spread among the masses. Your game is in development. Heh. Sad little impatient minds, don't let them get you down.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Gotta say that this thread is why I have a love/hate relationship with F95Zone and, if I'm being honest, most of the adult gaming community.

You have, on one hand, a funny and articulate developer that makes this cool visual novel for us for free and and some really thoughtful posters (you know who you are). But, on the other hand, there are just so many people posting here that seem to lack life skills, humility and basic human courtesy.

Fun story (I'll try to keep this as short as possible):
I wrote a data graphing program that worked with the leading motorcycle tuning devices of the time, and I distributed it (and supported it) on two sport bike forums. People were courteous, communicated bugs and feature requests in a respectful manner and it was fun for me and the users, some of whom could barely write in English and were totally non-technical.

I can't help but to contrast that to the adult game community, where many (too many) people demand hobbyist developers provide them with content-on-demand, something that AAA game companies struggle with. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me and probably never will.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
You are essentially producing a software product, one made massively more complex because of the video and audio, that is expected to come with it. Also you have to do the writing. A daunting task in and of itself. One hell of a challenge.

But you're not doing it to make money. My bet is that you use the monetary support you've gather to defray costs.

I would love to know what percentage of the people who frequent this site have ANY real world experience developing complex software programs. I'd guess is that it's a rather small minority. You're responsive about your progress (and your hours as you mentioned) so only the clueless can hold the view you're somehow profiteering.

The other piece that these loons ignore is that they aren't buying the game. There are many completed games that sell for $20-$35+ that cost hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars to develop. So yeah the pay a modest cost along with so many others that the development cost is spread among the masses. Your game is in development. Heh. Sad little impatient minds, don't let them get you down.
As a pro writer in a different language i can honestly tell you that the few devs on this site who actually know how or what to write can be counted with one hand.

naughtyroad does the "less is more" or "boring is more interesting" approach and nails the entire thing right from the get go.
Write about stuff you know cause if you write about stuff you know absolutely nothing, you will find out very fast that you either lack alot of information you gotta research. Or and that is worse you will make a damn fool out of yourself while writing yourself to a point you have absolutely no clue how to get out of again.

Other devs overthink this story thing way to much and go with "superhero/superpowers" or "Corruption of the mind" without ever reading anything about psychology etc. NTR and other stuff but lack to transport the feeling for the players or audience across the screen.

I would say that "good writing" alone could save any game regardless the renders and the animations. Otherwise text based games would have no market whatsoever. But the amateur approach of many of those games are just unbearable for me but still very enjoyable to others.
However good writing takes a toll on you as any other job you do for many hours a day. If we add all the other stuff you need for a game to work you could end up with overworking or burning yourself out pretty damn fast. Thats why i and many others appreciate the work naughtyroad is doing and don't mind the long wait as we know at the end of the day it will be worth it.

You can't please everyone. And some will always get mad for waiting, not having their kink satisfied or just for the heck of arguing.

I remember someone asking me to write for him for a year as his game would be done by then.
And when i provided the price for such a task i got a very rude response.
If we consider what naughtyroad makes a year i would say based on the quality of stuff he is severly underpaid despite providing a free game and having a day time job. Knowing many writers who can not live from what they write despite it being very good you come to the reality that most ppl are ok with absolute garbage in terms of almost everything.

If we consider some Triple A Games who cost millions of dollars to make who also have a story that is so boring and lifeless not even copperfield himself could bring it back to life this gets even more ridiculous. Be it movies or games. The past shows that many gems got created because someone tried his best no having money as motivation behind it but making a good story or present a good experience or even making good songs.

The mind can do wonderful things of imagination if your motivation is not driven by greed, personal benefits or fame. And i think we lack that in our world today. Thats why this game and a few others show what people can do if they let their mind flow and provide something for others without a catch attached to it.

Yet for some this is still not enough and those ppl can't be satisfied no matter what you do. But what you can do is give kind words to naughtyroad and ready a fucking trebuchet in the background.

Last edited:

Jacobsm

Jun 23, 2019
OMG the dev gives it to you free while others pay him like a tip jar out of their own free will so you can enjoy a free game? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Quick someone call the UN this is clearly crimes against humanity...........
Love. That being said, woosah. I heard the Mongolians were training up the bear trebuchet crews.

gigi89x

Jul 30, 2017
I came here to just check if there was any news on when the next update will be up. Spent some time reading some old pages...
I just wanna say to naughtyroad that i really enjoy your game and i praise your work. One of the top developer on this forum and of AVN imho. Really good attitude towards development even if the release are not so much in comparison to other developers. Half TB of HDD and Loml is one of the game i happly replay while waiting for the next update.
Keep up the good work mate ;)

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I echo all the thoughtful people here...keep up the good work NR and "don't let the Bastards get you down..."

LoML has a well-written and engaging plot that's witty and entertaining. It's worth the wait.

Compare this to the sophisticated plots of a myriad of AVN start-ups that appear on F95...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
I echo all the thoughtful people here...keep up the good work NR and "don't let the Bastards get you down..."

LoML has a well-written and engaging plot that's witty and entertaining. It's worth the wait.

Compare this to the sophisticated plots of a myriad of AVN start-ups that appear on F95...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thumbs up for the main post, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: for the spoiler!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Exactly my feeling. People don't need an excuse to look how they look.

Hmm, I think you may have set "hermana" yourself, as the game ships with the settings "big roommate"/"little roommate"/"big buddy"/"lil' buddy". :D
Ooops! I totally forgot I'd done that.
nevermind-ignore-it.gif

Cheers. Well, let me shed a light on that: the rig was my gaming rig before I got into dev'ing, and since it's gotten a cpu/mainboard/memory upgrade, a 1T SSD added, twin 2070 supers plugged in, and a new power supply installed to keep up. Even though I've registered as a self-employed professional for tax purposes, those are non-deductible because the computer sees personal use. :sneaky:

Wrt assets and software, as of now I've ringed up just south of 1.5K euros in cost since I started (about 600 this update). That's tax deductible though, so that means the tax man has to give half of that back when they take their bite. Ha!

Wrt the power usage, I'm afraid to check tbh. And I owe the missus a truckload of flowers right around now, she's been seriously patient with my obsessive shenanigans through all this.
Instead of "Buy Me a Coffee," is there a "Buy My Missus Some Flowers" app?
QUOTE="naughtyroad, post: 6790237, member: 1149975"]
While I'm really grateful for whatever support you gave, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. I'd say, feeling short changed when a dev put in more work by October than a full-time employee in the UK would put in in a full year, that makes you a rather toxic kind of supporter to have, and it's supporters like that that no doubt attribute to the high burn-out rate among devs.

I feel really, really blessed that most of my supporters are the polar opposite, and don't feel the need to pressure a dev into burning themselves out, and just trust me to give all I can, responsibly, to get this game done.
[/QUOTE]
Well said! I hope I handle such "fans" as well as you when they finally show up.

Last edited:

Mente_Gaudente

Oct 7, 2021
I'm a programmer and have done some 3D in the past, even to earn a living. And I like to read and write. Somawhat I never thought about VN or something similar until a month or so ago, in my 40+.
I've since played a lot of games from here, and to be honest, 95% of them didn't see me go past an hour of play, even highly praised ones... so I started compiling a list in my head, with all the things I'd liked to do/have in a VN game that was missing everywhere, or maybe one thing present and nothing more. I was telling myself that maybe I could think about trying it, since it seemed no one was doing something really good.
Then I started Light of my Life... and I finished what's available without interruption (every free moment I had, that is).

Finally a good thought and written story. Not excessive, relatable, believable, hooking... and I'm really NOT into this particular fetish at all... but it's so well written that you get to care, you embrace the whole thing nonetheless (and no, this is too well written to pass as wards and such, even if yu keep the names... this is a family for real).
And then the customized and cared to graphics, lighting and the models. They are unique and "flawed", as a real person would be. You will end liking those "flaws" more than the rest at the end. It's Macy and Denise, not "bratty brunette" or "endowed redhead".

I don't think I'll do a VN any time soon, after all, as this game have all my list crossed.
For the first time in my life, I've opened patreon and subscribed.
Every penny made with this is earned for good.
Thanks for the wonderful experience.
When the next bit will be available I'll savour it, no matter when it will be.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So I went to check your discord to see when the update is coming and the link won't let me accept the invite so can you post the timeframe for the update here please?
Since it's a NSFW server, it requires you to have a verified account. If it's verified, I could check if something else is wrong if you dm me your discord id.

If you want to see the latest infograph thingy, go up three or four post (previous page), you'll find it there.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
The day people start buying and selling merch of their favorite smut games will be the day we've truly crossed into the mainstream. Disneys MCU rivaled by the "wards" universe as the internet is flooded with fan theories at what could be the true nature being hinted at in the supposed landlord tenant relationship.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes