jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
This game gets yearly updates or something? It says last update was 10 months ago... This is like fifa, cod, nba 2k...etc lol
Below is status of the update. Each image is a scene. You can see the number of hours the dev has worked on this project in 2021 in the lower right corner (2239.5 hours in 10 full months ... 224 hours average per month ... 52.4 hours average per week). As you can see, a shitload of content is in every update, not just 4-5 scenes.

Also, from the first post of the thread:

Screenshot 2021-11-03 001133.png

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
the number of hours the dev has worked on this project in 2021 in the lower right corner (2239.5 hours in 10 full months ... 224 hours average per month ... 52.4 hours average per week). As you can see, a shitload of content is in every update, not just 4-5 scenes.
I wonder about the average word count for each chapter (10k? 50k words?),
at the end of the day, we pretty much get a novel each year, that is pretty much the average input of any competent writer
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

People really underestimate how much labor goes into this. Light of my Life is not an eroge, It really is a visual NOVEL.

Psyokratease

Aug 24, 2020
The wrenches are reworked scenes from when daz4.15 turned out to create images where character skins didn't match stuff created earlier and I had to redo the renders with the previous daz version. That was a one time thing.

The bottom row is internal QA, several rounds of beta/feedback, android version, gallery and shipping, and they need to be checked off as well.
I wonder...Do the loading times for toons bug you as much as rendering times? My 3070 does pretty well painting up a scene, but the more products I buy from Daz the slower it gets.
Almost wants me to build a PC with Daz studio and only load in the toons I always use. Daz Studio could use a boost!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) and I'm only counting the writing, that must be about 30% of all the work (...)
You're not far off, I'd say I spend a third or so on writing, post work and putting the images into the scene and adding transforms/animating them, so on it's slightly less, but the creating (not rendering out) of the scenes in daz is the biggest timesink by far.

I wonder...Do the loading times for toons bug you as much as rendering times? My 3070 does pretty well painting up a scene, but the more products I buy from Daz the slower it gets.
Almost wants me to build a PC with Daz studio and only load in the toons I always use. Daz Studio could use a boost!
Yeah. One of the things is that every property slider that gets added to your genesis figure by a product ends up being saved on it, and that can add up, especially as there's conflicts or errors in there I guess, that might be clogging up your log file with hundreds of lines for a character, which you'll never see or notice.
But I found one of the biggest time sinks in loading is LIE (layered image editor) stuff, where for instance you have tattoos added to a skin, or makeup. In daz, they end up as a layered image, and for some reason, those characters tend to load a lot slower (the LIE editor window itself is also pretty slow to load usually, so I guess that's related).

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The girls look like goblins! it looks like a high score game and it has incest which is my favorite, but damn, those faces!
Welcome back to the show "how to piss off mods!" Todays Contender "Some-Dude" is starting the game by completely ignoring the thread rules.
Here is a reminder for those of you who didn't read them.

Note from moderators: Look at sample pics provided.
If it's not your thing, please don't comment about it. We will delete those comments.
Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge. Don't complain about this.

Therefore he won a price. And todays Price is something very special!

diamondlover

Jan 11, 2019
Forte is an italian word which means strong. If you use the speakers on google translate on the italian side on the left, it will tell you how to pronounce it.

In french, we don't say Fort, we say Force. It's not my strength would be "Ce n'est pas ma force", which is pronounced like in english. Fort in french is an adjective and we are using it as a noun in english, so it would be force. But we use Forte, ultimately.

There is no case of Forte which is pronounced Fort.
As italian I would like to add: "forte" is used also like the english meaning of "cool", when something is exciting or amazing.

Some-Dude

Oct 30, 2017
Welcome back to the show "how to piss off mods!" Todays Contender "Some-Dude" is starting the game by completely ignoring the thread rules.
Here is a reminder for those of you who didn't read them.

Note from moderators: Look at sample pics provided.
If it's not your thing, please don't comment about it. We will delete those comments.
Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge. Don't complain about this.

Therefore he won a price. And todays Price is something very special!
wow, y'all are sensitive! there I deleted it myself, chill bruh!

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
LOL, some additions to the ignore list are such no-brainers. For some reason I feel compelled to re-share this wallpaper for the amusement of you all.
Ah i remember this one. Still holds value to this day. Thats kinda awesome but also sad. But more awesome than sad.

Also what is this "chill bruh" thing? Feels like every toddler says that now or everyone from new jersey. Irritating as fuck.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes