Citlaly

Mar 15, 2018
Has the dev announced any release date or any status about the latest update? Besides the image with the faces

XPanda

Dec 26, 2020
I finally liked someone's post on this thread and I got a little loading screen saying "Loading Reactions," while loading the reply emoji. I am a little dyslexic and I could have sworn it said "Loading Erections" and I was WTF?

^--- This is why I don't write stories. After writing, I'm like well... that was riveting, but I am already invested in this post so ya'll still get to read it.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Nope.

Very few devs give out dates anymore. So many people whine when dates are missed we get vague graphs and told it will be ready when it's ready.
Heh, yeah. Tbh, I never gave out release dates ever until I knew I could make them, even when there was no one interested yet. That s##t always slips and even if I said that maybe there was a slight chance that it could be on X, people will still be all over you for having promised they'd have it on X.

Besides, while some might argue it's a great way to set a goal and force yourself to work towards it and limit yourself to what fits in that frame, I think that's great if you're on a budget, iterating on creating a consumer app, honing in on the best modifications for implementing some business software, or trying to hit that marketing window on budget for some electronic entertainment, but it's a terrible practice for creative writing, as you're pressuring yourself to cut out good stuff and go with something shitty that fits, just to hit that arbitrary date that serves little other purpose in my particular case.
There's plenty of other ways to make sure you stay on task and work towards finishing something than that. Plotting out the work and reporting about progress for instance.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Heh, yeah. Tbh, I never gave out release dates ever until I knew I could make them, even when there was no one interested yet. That s##t always slips and even if I said that maybe there was a slight chance that it could be on X, people will still be all over you for having promised they'd have it on X.

Besides, while some might argue it's a great way to set a goal and force yourself to work towards it and limit yourself to what fits in that frame, I think that's great if you're on a budget, iterating on creating a consumer app, honing in on the best modifications for implementing some business software, or trying to hit that marketing window on budget for some electronic entertainment, but it's a terrible practice for creative writing, as you're pressuring yourself to cut out good stuff and go with something shitty that fits, just to hit that arbitrary date that serves little other purpose in my particular case.
There's plenty of other ways to make sure you stay on task and work towards finishing something than that. Plotting out the work and reporting about progress for instance.
NR, buddy, stop trying to convince die-hards that the artistic creation of great VNs can be the subject of Soviet planning and give rise to repeated complaints if the five-year goal is not met. We are not in North Korea with internment camps for DEVs that do not meet the prescribed deadlines. We, the true lovers of good stories served by excellent characters evolving in superb animations are not on fire and we prefer to wait until the roast is well done rather than to eat the hastily cooked carrion ... ( this is the opinion of a Frenchman who loves good food). Take the time you need and send those who are not happy with your job to shit!

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
NR, buddy, stop trying to convince die-hards that the artistic creation of great VNs can be the subject of Soviet planning and give rise to repeated complaints if the five-year goal is not met. (...)
Cheers, and not to worry. In this case, I picked Avaron1974's post to reply to to make a generic statement about my feelings towards deadlines; I've known her to be utterly reasonable (and utterly short-tempered too :ROFLMAO:) and I'm quite sure no slight was meant.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
terrible practice for creative writing
I think that part of the reason for the tension between the "uninitiated" (the people that complain about the girls, complain about the release cadence and just complain in general) and those that "get it" (again, you know who you are) is that there are a lot of developers that have transactional relationships with supporters. There are a lot of projects referenced on F95 where the developers solicit creative input from, and commit to specific content by specific dates to, financial supporters and that creates a clear quid quo pro relationship.

I think this is part of the reason why people that don't bother to read the thread at all, or don't give a fuck even if they do, expect the same "how high do you want me to jump" behavior from Naughty and get pissy when they don't get what they want. I can't speak for their state of mind, but I can't imagine dropping into a thread here without spending a couple of minutes familiarizing myself with the project and the offer. I look for games/VNs like LoML and tend to avoid the "vote for the next futa side character" projects - it takes the fun out for me, because I want developers to tell an interesting story well and I want to discover the story as I read, which disappears when you know in advance that a space squid is going to fuck a goat with 33 dildos because you voted for it. I would go to the bookstore and buy a kid's "choose your own adventure" if that's the experience I want...

Look...I get that a lot of people are just here for "teh b00bs" but truly creative projects are kind of rare and I wish that people would respect that and go back to begging someone like Faerin and Braindrop for shit, where that actually works.

Pyromancy

Aug 26, 2020
Tagging onto Poly's post. Think about your favorite authors and look at how long it takes for each novel to come out. Creative work is a brutal process that takes time. VR novels have this issue as well.

Some developers will give you the fap material in rapid fire if that's what your after, but other's are looking to give you a full story where you care about the characters and the outcomes of their struggles, their loves, and their accomplishments. These stories require a lot of time and care.

F95 is a great place to find whatever your are looking for, so please offer support for all the devs here if you have the heart. Until you stand in their shoes you do not realize how hard it is to do what they do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Cheers, and not to worry. In this case, I picked Avaron1974's post to reply to to make a generic statement about my feelings towards deadlines; I've known her to be utterly reasonable (and utterly short-tempered too :ROFLMAO:) and I'm quite sure no slight was meant.
This.

I've always backed devs when it comes to release times. In fact i've told newer devs to never give a release date for the reason I mentioned, people whining.

I've seen it far too many times. A dev thinks they can have game ready for X date but life gives zero fucks about peoples plans and likes to screw with us so something happens and they are off by a day or two.

The issue is, in that day or two the thread fills up with people whining and complaining and cries of milking. It happens every . single . time.

You can't deadline art, it's impossible. Unless everything is finished and you are just polishing then anything can happen.

The best thing about creating stories is watching your own characters grow. I've seen enough from writers I talk to that when they get started sometimes it can go in a different direction than what they planned and a simple scene grows to something much bigger.

I've always been a fan of the "it will be ready when it's ready". That's all they need to know really.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
The best thing about creating stories is watching your own characters grow. I've seen enough from writers I talk to that when they get started sometimes it can go in a different direction than what they planned and a simple scene grows to something much bigger.
I love when some of the world's best writers explain they are just documenting as they observe their characters growing.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes