Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Strange - I find all the faces in this game are like the faces I see every day when I go out in public in the United States. I don't find them weird, alien, off-putting, whatever. Yes, they are slightly enhanced and exaggerated for artistic style - but not in such a way that is completely unrealistic. Do some of the angles better accentuate looks than others? Sure. But we've all had those kind of photos in real life, ourselves.

There are no ugly (or even borderline ugly) characters in this game. I would say on a 1-10, where average is 5.5, I would say that there are one or two that are a 6 and all others are greater than that.

Hell, there have been quite a few photos posted in this thread of women who naughtyroad could have easily used as inspiration, had he known. I just saw the following image on another site that has serious Macy vibes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
God DAMN look at them titties. Thats a piece of art.

Reactions: LarryK

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
LOL. Although I usually go with the one below myself as a counter for this particular topic, that doll has some features that match amazingly well, not least off all the nipples. :whistle:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would be interested in seeing that image I shared of the doll overlaid with Macy's tats ... you know, for science.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I would be interested in seeing that image I shared of the doll overlaid with Macy's tats ... you know, for science.
Fuck Science i need to see this for me, myself and the greatest believer of anything i do......ma dick.
Clearly that is enough reason for someone to make it happen no?

krakos9

Sep 16, 2016
I guess that after being spoon fed by mass and social media for that long, they've lost touch with reality.
Well let me get to you that women as men are slave to genetics. Most of the games that you can find here have women that comes from the northern part of europe. If you find something artificial, she comes from the usa. There is a minimal view of women that will come from either spain, portugal, the southern part of europe or south america and part of the middle east.
For myself i think the mom had syrian ancestors.

• Angry
Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well let me get to you that women as men are slave to genetics. Most of the games that you can find here have women that comes from the northern part of europe. If you find something artificial, she comes from the usa. There is a minimal view of women that will come from either spain, portugal, the southern part of europe or south america and part of the middle east.
Slave as in owned human beings or do you mean slavs as in slavic countries? I would agree on the slavic part.

Because i can tell you the difference between slavic women and northern european women as i am married to a slavic women.

European women in a verbal fight = Will insult you, your dad, everything you hold dear and fuck you up mentally. And deny you sex.
European women in a real fight = step back as they push you forward as you face the mountain of a man she just pissed of all on your own.

Slavic women in a verbal fight = Will insult you in her native language and throw stuff at you. Kitchen entrance is denied.
Food as well. You will get slapped and the entire street knows you fucked up again as her head has a build in megaphone option she will activate. Later she will cook something out of pure anger. And you will eat it and like it or no food for weeks.

Slavic women in a real fight = Baba Yaga with tits. And i am not even kidding.

Before someone asks. She is a very nice person.......in her sleep............don't let her find out i told you any of this.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Sure. But my point was that a lot of women you see these days on the media don't look as real women at all, or even human for that matter. The girls in this VN look a lot more real than a lot of pictures I see these days. But it follows that as some seem to have been brainwashed to think that a plastic mannequin is the pinnacle of beauty, they throw a fit when they come across a game like this.
And let me add, as a photographer, I love mannequins. They're great to practice lighting setups with. But they are about as humanlike as the aliens in First Contact.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(if this looks a little out of context, the message was edited by moderators following some cleanup)

Presenting us with an a priori argument doesn't really make a case, nor does it change the fact that I didn't create this as a series of fappable images interspersed with filler dialog to glue the scenes together, as is so often the case with VNs, but as an actual story that contains naughty bits.

Or to put an argument in a straw man: "Most viewers do in fact only watch GOT for the sex and fighting."

Anyone can of course play this as they want, my intentions be damned and rightly so. And in doing so entertain themself with watching a GOT greatest boink-and-brawl compilation on youtube and tell themself they've watched the show. But it does nothing to diminish Miðgarðsormr 's arguments, and in fapskipping did not, in fact, watch the show (or in this case, play LomL).

To wrap up, an a priori of my own: most of my supporters do not fapskip, and greatly enjoy that there is a story they find entertaining between the boinks. Which is fitting, they are the audience I created this for, so it makes sense that they would be the ones that would come to support it.

Last edited:

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Perhaps a slightly different take...

There's a lot of games/VNs here that I don't find very interesting and some that I find downright terrible. And you know what I do about that?

Precisely nothing.

Oh, there are times that I've been playing a game for a while that I think went off the rails and I supplied feedback once (except for the MichaelFenix The Island "darkness issue") and then moved on. I don't waste my time complaining about character models, dialog, plot elements and release cadence because it's not going to accomplish anything, especially when the project principles (e.g. naughty) actually have a vision and a story in their head.

Complaining to naughty and his supporters about how the girls look and the text-to-sex ratio is, at best, going to fall on deaf ears and is mostly going to annoy many out of sheer redundancy. These kinds of complaints and passive-aggressive digs are best directed at developers such as Zanith, Braindrop and Faerin that are quite openly developing games based largely on Paetron input through polls and Discord discussions.

So I'm not going to waste my time and piss people off by demanding fetish self-insertions and weekly content updates, and I just keep my big yap shut. Sure, I could blather on about 'free speech' and similar excuses but, at the end, my complaining would just be proof that I was a lifeless basement dweller and why would I want that?

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I handle it IRL the same way as i am a writer for a living and do not pamper to the wills of ppl who demand i rewrite shit to please their fantasies or get rid of stuff they deem uninteresting. My story, my book. It's my way or the highway.
In the beginning i could not have that luxury as the publishers decided all of that.
After 20 years i am in the position to dictate what is allowed to hinder my creativity.

And i am perfectly calm. Yes it is just a game. A game someone put thousands of hours in work into so that ppl can skip all of it an later wonder where all the good story driven VN's have gone.

Good writers are rare. Good writers who can live from what they write are even rarer. And good VN's on this board are 10 to 20 at best. Excellent ones you can count with one hand. And they all have something that keeps them above the rest.
A GOOD WRITTEN STORY!
This is one of them. Like it or dislike it. But the ppl who support this dev, this project and this thread will not skip a single line of text. Not now. Not in the future. Or ever for that matter.

Mantioxi

Nov 24, 2020
Jesus f-christ. Are we still yapping about this same old theme? Ignore the uncultured swines in comment section, let the dogs bark and enjoy beautiful and FREE VN's our creators giving it to us...
.. I swear some people are just.....

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(if this looks a little out of context, it was edited by mods after some clean-up)

Just another day in the jungle, stick around long enough and you'll end up on the other side of the fence (or not, depends on whether or not the game manages to win you over like it did with quite a few here).

Same goes for a lot of the likely lads dropping by for the first time with great openings like "I didn't play most of this, but it sucks!" and "Where uptade, scam!". And of course "goddamn these chicks are ugly, it's like the dev tried to give a personality to my fuckdoll or something" is a real classic by now. I'd say I never get tired of that one, but that would be a lie.

And sadly, those kind of demeaning, well, not exactly rants, but more like thoughtless remarks about the thing I love making and sharing (for free I might add, to anyone who wants to play it), those do go on a lot, and they will keep going on. I'm just really glad there's plenty of people here that feel the other way and are not afraid to have their opinion heard too, or I'd have walked away from this place long ago.

So yeah, long short, the demeaning remarks aren't going away, and we all have to find a way to deal with it in our own way I guess. ;)

Last edited:

Obscureheathen

Jun 13, 2017
I feel like this whole thing is a silly argument to have in the first place for many reasons. Just looking at the top games on the site pretty much all of them have a substantial story component but even if they didnt it doesnt matter because this one does and it's better for it. If someone doesnt agree they can just grab a complete save file and look at the gallery but that's clearly worse

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
It's kinda funny cause without a story you would end up with something like this.

Women: Me female.
Man: Me male. Fucky fucky?
Women: Fucky fucky.
*Sex scene happens*
The End.

Entire Comment section: WORST GAME EVER!!!!!!!
With no story that's about 2 & 1/2 scenes too long.

Woman: Me...
*sex scene happens*
The End

I spent 4 days downloading 26 GB for this?! :FacePalm: :mad:

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes