naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Couldn't you just do the windows build tonight and drop android tomorrow? Either way, awesome game.
Cheers, and it's a good question.

The last time round where the android version came late, someone had home brewed versions up in a heartbeat and plugged in their own links, so I'd like to prevent a repeat of that.
Also, this time round the android version has had to undergo some serious image compression to even get it into a state where it could be built, and I put in quite a bit of effort to make sure the scenes that matter most and the images that don't take compression well have undergone less compression that the others, and to catch the weird compression artifacts you get sometimes with cut-up sprites.
I'd hate to see a homebrew version that just had everything squashed down quick and dirty so it fits and leave a poor impression.

In the mean time, it allows me to do some additional QA and fix up some more images, so it's not wasted time.

---

Also, and this is more to the thread in general, I'm not so sure where the hang-up comes from over Sunday; I announced it might release on Sunday or after, but not before, and I'm not sure how that has become "it'll release on Sunday". But it has the milking dev loons out in force again, so I guess that taught me a lesson on trying to communicate openly on the dev process.

To anyone that does appreciate open communication: make sure to use those report buttons please, get those little twerps off of our thread.

azafloo

Aug 19, 2020
I'll be happy if we get it by next sunday, sunday is a sunday after-all... plus the update page has gone haywire in the last 12 hours so perhaps better to release on a slow day so it stays up there for longer. I also wish F95 had another equally useful way to browse the games here other than just 'latest updated' but i digress...

We will still be here when you release NR, don't rush!

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
and they require a RAM upgrade to fix.
That is going to need the appropiate kind of music for the wait, maybe some Daft Punk.

Your game is so amazing that some people are going to press F5 every five seconds, that's understandable. Just take your time, we'll wait. Btw the most impatient ones are often the first to complain if there is a rushed build with problems.

I have to say that you are the best character writer along with DPC, and (technical and graphics skills aside) that requires a deep understanding of human nature and emotions and that it's a gift.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
That is going to need the appropiate kind of music for the wait, maybe some Daft Punk.

Your game is so amazing that some people are going to press F5 every five seconds, that's understandable. Just take your time, we'll wait. Btw the most impatient ones are often the first to complain if there is a rushed build with problems.

I have to say that you are the best character writer along with DPC, and (technical and graphics skills aside) that requires a deep understanding of human nature and emotions and that it's a gift.
Might I request the expansion of DPC? If you refer to
Dr PinkCake
no reply needed, and yes, another who's story I anticipate the next chapters of.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyrlian

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
I think you are delusional. :LOL: Nobody is fucking arguing with himself here.
You clearly missed what was going on here or you would not call me delusional ,,, I was not talking to or about you.
No idea where you got the idea that i was,, but i'll just be the grownup here and not call you names and just let it slide.
Good with you ?

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
I don't usually write here because I'm old enough to understand Macy's tit tattoo reference.

"Gotta tattooed tit say number 13"

But I do read this thread and enjoy all those terrible 'bear jokes'.

After a year of waiting no one would consider anything to be "rushed"
As a Cyberpunk 2077 fan (since the first E3 reveal, 2013 I think) I have to say I completely disagree with you. You can rush a five years game development and blow it with a bad launch.

Good quality products take time, NR wants to do it his way and release all builds at once let's show some support people. We can wait, Macy and Denise are worth it.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Have to be honest i was expecting playing this before a hard work week starts over, like the personal reward i was gratifying myself before a stormy daniel shit week comes at me (like for everyone). Guess, i'll go continue my binge-watching of The Sopranos.

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
Couldn't manage to find your ref, closest I find, and know of intimately, is Chivas, and while I have had occasion to refer to it as 'knee-walking' ......
The ankle biters thing? Just put words to the pictures in my head. I have lots of pictures, most of them leave the world a better place if not transcribed.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Cheers, and a brief respite before the battle. I'm running into some build issues, and they require a RAM upgrade to fix. Hopefully that'll come in tomorrow, but that means no release today.
Just because I'm curious. How much RAM do you have and how much more do you need? As someone older than dirt who dealt with computers when we counted our memory in kilobytes, I'm always amazed that many gigabytes isn't enough. The first computer I was paid to program had 64 kilobytes, and we used it to run a completely standalone terminal system.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes