Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
up to the present, the most enjoyable game I've ever played (Even if the Father-Ensest type is not suitable for me) There is a great effort in the game, thank you.
You could change the relationship from Father/Caretaker/Landlord to "Banana wielder" and the Daughters/Wards/Roommates to "Minions"

Just an example. You can typ there whatever you want. And for many there are some very funny dialouges :)

Benxst

Aug 5, 2020
You could change the relationship from Father/Caretaker/Landlord to "Banana wielder" and the Daughters/Wards/Roommates to "Minions"

Just an example. You can typ there whatever you want. And for many there are some very funny dialouges :)
Now 4c is over... I can try this, i love this family :coffee: (Decaffeinated) :geek: Thanks.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Atlius

Mar 10, 2020
Are you even aware how the abandoned rule works here on f95? Let me break it down for you. If there are no updates in a very long time and the dev does not communicate the status of the project it will eventually get the "abandoned" status.

(This is only a f95 stamp though and means absolutely nothing in reality, development can still be going on in the background. In any case once the dev. releases an update the status is restored.)

There have been rare cases where games get the "abandoned" status even when the dev. is communicating about the status of the game, but here we are talking about well over a year (possibly two) without updates. As you can see the dev. is communicating frequently here and released an update not so long ago (matter of perspective).

You are welcome.
I will NEVER ask you if you'd like a coffee.
Because I'm sure for the time you answer you will have noticed me with the WHOLE history of coffee plantations from the beginning of time.

Serious answer: sorry, I can't keep track of all the threads I'm trying to follow.

Reactions: Pizzapockets

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's not like we aren't kept up to date on the progress each week. Last week's progress chart (which was copied into this thread) showed 70 hours of development. Normally is closer to 40-50. The developer has stated time and again that he doesn't plan to bring on any other persons to the team and why he doesn't plan to.

The last two chapters were about a year each in development. Chapter 7 appears similar.

From the OP: Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
Does this dev only work for 30 mins a day? a 9 month cycle is ridiculous, Even summertime Saga doesn't make you wait this long. I hate to be [that guy] but my dude needs either a partner or a planner fr.
Yeah, 30 minutes a day, 140 days a week.

Every single week he lets us know how much time he's put into this masterpiece, but of course, some people know better than to read the facts posted here.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Does this dev only work for 30 mins a day? a 9 month cycle is ridiculous, Even summertime Saga doesn't make you wait this long. I hate to be [that guy] but my dude needs either a partner or a planner fr.
If you've ever spent some time on Naughty's Discord server, you would know he's 100% upfront about his workflow and release schedule. Chapter 6 was somewhere around a year. So why act all upset now? He doesn't do these monthly 200 render updates with 1 scene and a bad case of blue balls, like so many others do on here.

As for the amount of work... LOL! He's at 1648 hours on this chapter, as of a week ago. A standard full time job is 2080 hours per year. He's easily going to top that in less than a year on this update. A year ago, I wondered at how much work could this take, but now that I am working on my own game, I know it takes a LOT. Spending hours to get a single render just right, when it's only going to be viewed a few seconds. I just spent the last three days, 12 hours per day, making a single scene with about 145 renders. And I still have the post work to do and, down the road, weeks of coding.

These games are unique niche products somewhat like art, or maybe novels. Writers can take years to make a novel, and you can't just farm creativity out. Like someone mentioned above, Patreon is not a store, it's a tip jar. People support creators because they want them to do good work. After all, Naughty Roads, like many other Adult VN makers, releases his games for free.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Heh, the old "why doesn't a guy that makes somewhat south of minimum wage on this after fees and taxes hire on more people out of his pocket?". Classic. :ROFLMAO:

I just wanna be a happy consumer my dude. I subbed on patreon for 4 months at $5 tier. All I got were wallpapers.
And you got weekly updates on progress and time spent on the project, which is, like others already pointed out, more than the average full time job on a weekly basis, and that on top of a second job.

Thanks for four months of support (seriously, much appreciated), but tbh, I'm not sad to see you go (assuming you did), 'cause this type of toxic patron behavior is just what is causing devs all over, who are already in perpetual crunch to try and get their baby to see the light of day, to burn out on their projects and give up. Send me a direct message on patreon and I'll gladly refund you and see you on your way for good.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes