naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Cripes, the trolling these day. :D

I have an option too: I want to go to the cinema and tell them, "hey, I don't want to wait for the holiday season to see Superdude: the next big thing. I'll just have two flashbacks, one buddy-moment, 5 minutes of exposition and a big fat juice battle scene right now, and I'll come back for some more next month."

Best thing: when the person at the counter inevitably goes "fuck off", I can look at them really hurt and say "but I said it was just an opinion, you're oppressing my freedom of speech".

Seriously, that has to be trolling right, no one could write that up and actually think that they somehow made sense there?

It's trebuchet time alright, or at the very least time to once again use one of the greatest features on F95Zone, which is the ignore button. :cool: I love that thing.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
It takes more time to make an update for this game than to create a life and bear it...
I don't think that is ok even if the update is 10 times bigger than a normal update.
I fail to see the argument behind comparing a game update with pregnancy? Thats like saying it takes longer to build a house than to make pizza. While that statement is true it bears no effect for an argument whatsoever between the two.

And by the way when you guys say " updates is long, but updates are huge " what does that mean? did he put 5 minutes update monthly or did he go big and long from the start..How do you calculate an update? how much is a year's worth of updates?...is it in sex scenes or in time reading the visual novel?
Let's say he does 12 sex scenes and 120 minutes worth of reading in one year is it worth the wait?
OR
Let's say he does 1 sex scene and 10 minutes worth of reading in a month will it be ok?
He always went big and long from the start (his poor wife...) uhm on the updates i mean. An Update is an entire chapter in terms of story progress or general plot advancement. If we would compare it to something like a TV Series he drops an entire season at once. Let's say Game of thrones (as that was mighty popular) makes season 3 and releases all episodes on the same day. That is basically what naughtyroad is doing. Full Chapter drop.

I think the 1 month it's better. "you see progression, the game is on the last update page regularly new people will find it, you can actually take some days off if you set your program and people will not complain because that is work ethic "
I highly disagree. For multiple reasons.
1. Be it Discord or Patreon. Naughtyroad always was and is transparent about his work ethic and let's everyone know how and what he was doing in the past week/days/hours and what the progress looks so far.
2. Most people come in this thread and never went on patreon or discord and therefore have no clue what naughty is working on or if he even worked on the game at all. Making lots of assumption in the process.
3. Any dev taking a few days off and communicating this with his patreons/supporters or fans will still get some people bitching and complaining about how he can have the audacity to take days off and how he should hire someone to work on the project in his absence because they pay money (most of the time the complainers ain't paying shit)
4. If we get updates on a monthly basis the dev is more likely to burn out and abandon the project by the simple fact that the deadline is approaching. People are getting annoyed and demanding and further stress the dev and the project to produce stuff faster out of thin air.

A creative process is like glass. Hard to maintain and easy to break. I rather wait 10 months to a year for a fantastic update with amazing characters and an amazing story that i can enjoy instead of rushed small updates with nothing in it that make you forget everything about it 10 seconds after you played it. While the dev is burning himself out in the process to reach the absurd deadlines.

In this dev's format, it takes absurd a lot of time to even keep up whit development, you will even forget about this game existing, he could even suffer something bad and abandon the game let's say 10 months in the development of the update he announces "guy sorry for bad news but I'm dead or depress and will not continue developing the game...thanks for the 10 months of subscription but i don't feel like releasing any more. Ciao"
This isn't the first update that takes alot of time and so far no one has forgot about this game. Quite the opposite. Lots of people come back here and express their joy for still thinking about this game and the story and the characters even months after a release.
Even if someone pays 10 months of subsciption it does not entitle him or her to a release. Patreon is a tip jar to support a project. There is no guarantee that a project that is supported will be finalized or not.

Just expressing my opinion...
And another negative,i don't like the writing of this game..it really makes me feel uncomfortable and i like incest game when is just fun fantasy.
Wait what? The incest part is only there if YOU as player write it that way......

Edit: I really should stop writing so much and answering to such posts. But it is in my blood. I can't stop typing.... :eek:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Trebuchets use a counterweight to launch projectiles, catapults use twisted ropes to launch projectiles.
If you go back to roman times it gets weirder because the roman catapulta launched bolts/spears and the roman ballista launched stones
Trebuchets are a specific kind of catapults that use gravity (or men pulling the arm downwards). Most other forms of catapults such as the mangonel and ballista use torsion.

iongheorghe

May 29, 2019
Trebuchets are a specific kind of catapults that use gravity (or men pulling the arm downwards). Most other forms of catapults such as the mangonel and ballista use torsion.
Yeah, i guess they also use electomagnetic fields and compressed gas nowadays. I was a bit stuck on medieval mindsets

Reactions: Dremel

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Trebuchets use a counterweight to launch projectiles, catapults use twisted ropes to launch projectiles.
If you go back to roman times it gets weirder because the roman catapulta launched bolts/spears and the roman ballista launched stones
So what you are saying is that a ballista is some sort of Trebuchet? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: naughtyroad

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes