Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
wow been 10 months and still nothing? Oh well good vn but this is a bit much
Ya'all act like you're the first ones to come to this kind of conclusion. If you don't like to wait, put the thread on ignore and check on it about every 12 months. Do you not read OP? Also see: #10,819 or the weekly progress charts that are posted in the thread or about half the posts made by the developer here in this thread.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Ya'all act like you're the first ones to come to this kind of conclusion. If you don't like to wait, put the thread on ignore and check on it about every 12 months. Do you not read OP? Also see: #10,819 or the weekly progress charts that are posted in the thread or about half the posts made by the developer here in this thread.
Ok first thanks for the links to see what is going on. Second please drop it down a notch. I have no clue how hard it is to make a great vn like this. I work for a living with the usual crap life and come here to escape, sorry if my enthusiasm for a vn and its long wait time upsets you.

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
I work for a living with the usual crap life and come here to escape, sorry if my enthusiasm for a vn and its long wait time upsets you.
damn, no need to obliterate the guy like that.
plus this game is powered by patreon, it's like the principle of kickstarter: the more money is given, the faster the project should go... the sad part is that the more money is given, the project becomes slower...
check back in december, according to the roadmap you can guess that chapter 7 is 67% complete

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This games support level has been stagnant for a while, if not in slight decline, because of the super-slow releases. It isn't going to get any faster either. If you read the bottom right of the progress reports (I posted above), NR usually spends 50 or so hours per week on the game.

NR has talked a little about his workflow before. Doing the game his way is probably more difficult (from a workflow perspective) than making a normal, even if also among the higher quality, game. This is my assumption though.

And this is pretty much the only game on 1+ year update schedules that I play and actually think will be completed. Because not only is it nearing completion (maybe 2-3 more chapters left after this one?) but NR has been consistent the entire time and isn't burning out anytime soon. Unless people try to make more walkthrough mods.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
This games support level has been stagnant for a while, if not in slight decline, because of the super-slow releases. It isn't going to get any faster either. If you read the bottom right of the progress reports (I posted above), NR usually spends 50 or so hours per week on the game.

NR has talked a little about his workflow before. Doing the game his way is probably more difficult (from a workflow perspective) than making a normal, even if also among the higher quality, game. This is my assumption though.

And this is pretty much the only game on 1+ year update schedules that I play and actually think will be completed. Because not only is it nearing completion (maybe 2-3 more chapters left after this one?) but NR has been consistent the entire time and isn't burning out anytime soon. Unless people try to make more walkthrough mods.
Guess I need to send the man/woman some money.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
damn, no need to obliterate the guy like that.
plus this game is powered by patreon, it's like the principle of kickstarter: the more money is given, the faster the project should go... the sad part is that the more money is given, the project becomes slower...
check back in december, according to the roadmap you can guess that chapter 7 is 67% complete
The game is free(the dev give us the game), people that give money through patreon don't get the game faster, they just doing it has thanks gesture. Whatever the amount of money that the creator will receive won't change anything. The creator already state multiple times that this is a side project and that he's doing it for his own pleasure, at his own speed.

There is no false promise of going full time on it, never any promise about release date or crap like that, just the promise that at some point, we will have an ending.

You have the right to complain and being pissed at it, but throwing rock at someone that do something for free... I'll let you come up with your on conclusion on how you look. But maybe you didn't know that the game is free and just assume this game dev was following the same "pattern" of others.

Sorry for my bad english, second language and too lazy to check spelling and grammar tonight.

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
I’m sorry but almost a year for a single effing update is ridiculous. Should this game not be considered abandoned?
Did you feel that way when Insominia took over a year to bring one DLC pack to Spiderman? Or the two years That the MC DLC of GTA IV was released?

I feel a lot of people here are so unappreciative and VERY VERY Impatient. As stated in the OP. Updates are few and far between but the updates themselves are big.

I think people fail to realise that VN like this as usually worked on by one dev who might very well have a fulltime job or other commitance and that VN'ing is a hobby they do in their spare time. It's not the end of the world if an update takes a year or 30. It'll be released when the dev is satisfied with his or her work. They work to their timescale not yours. By subbing to their patreon you are helping them carry on.

Dev for this VN is very forthcoming and communicates quite regularly. Cut em some slack will ya.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Ok first thanks for the links to see what is going on. Second please drop it down a notch. I have no clue how hard it is to make a great vn like this. I work for a living with the usual crap life and come here to escape, sorry if my enthusiasm for a vn and its long wait time upsets you.
You could have found out "what is going on" in about 30 seconds, so why post before you know what's going on? This is exactly why fans of this VN are getting "troll fatigue" because posts like this make it seem like some people are just looking for threads to crap on.

It doesn't matter whether a forum is about cars, watches, games or movies - posting without spending even a minute to see what's going on in a thread just looks bad.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I waited over 30 years for my kids to leave the house and i still got 2 here.

What the fuck is a year? Thats 4 times special bonus sex with the waifu. Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas and of course 1 free ticket because once a year you will find shit that SHE fucked up and you can rub it in until you get the bonus to finally shut up about it. :ROFLMAO:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Man you got 4? :mad:
Yes. But there is a catch. She has 4 special bonus tasks or free tickets for me as well that slowly but steady cost me my soul....
1. Honey i was thinking... (DEAR GOD SHE WANTS SOMETHING THAT EITHER COSTS ALOT OF MONEY OR MY HEALTH! OR WORSE.... BOTH!!!! RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!)
2. My Mother comes over (aight! Get the shotgun)
3. If you love me you will join me on this "insert fucked up activity that serves no purpose and costs alot of money and takes all saturday/sunday to either prepare or do here" (Dear god OPERA? WHYYYYYYYY?????)
4. We are going to church this sunday. (Which means i have to dress up to impress people i do not like, for reasons that i do not know, in order to listen to a dude i can't understand in the middle of Hungary that speaks hungarian and not falling asleep while doing so and pretending this is absolutely awesome)

I srsly should get more than 4. I think i got cheated on this deal :unsure:

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
Yes. But there is a catch. She has 4 special bonus tasks or free tickets for me as well that slowly but steady cost me my soul....
1. Honey i was thinking... (DEAR GOD SHE WANTS SOMETHING THAT EITHER COSTS ALOT OF MONEY OR MY HEALTH! OR WORSE.... BOTH!!!! RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!)
2. My Mother comes over (aight! Get the shotgun)
3. If you love me you will join me on this "insert fucked up activity that serves no purpose and costs alot of money and takes all saturday/sunday to either prepare or do here" (Dear god OPERA? WHYYYYYYYY?????)
4. We are going to church this sunday. (Which means i have to dress up to impress people i do not like, for reasons that i do not know, in order to listen to a dude i can't understand in the middle of Hungary that speaks hungarian and not falling asleep while doing so and pretending this is absolutely awesome)

I srsly should get more than 4. I think i got cheated on this deal :unsure:
You can deliver a fatal blow with "Honey, we need to talk" tho, you could cause her a trauma, so better not.

You go to church? And well dressed? You the MVP dud

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
You can deliver a fatal blow with "Honey, we need to talk" tho, you could cause her a trauma, so better not.

You go to church? And well dressed? You the MVP dud
If i go "honey we need to talk" even as a joke this could end with her taking her shoes off... in which case someone is going to get hurt. And that someone would be me...... My way is to adress the finances without mentioning her spending habits which always leads to her getting into panic mode and changing the subject to something that benefits me.

I may not be the smartest dude around but i know how i can turn the tables pretty quickly :ROFLMAO:

Looking like a penguin while going into a orthodox hungarian church is not really my definition of MVP.... but thank you. (y)

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
If i go "honey we need to talk" even as a joke this could end with her taking her shoes off... in which case someone is going to get hurt. And that someone would be me...... My way is to adress the finances without mentioning her spending habits which always leads to her getting into panic mode and changing the subject to something that benefits me.

I may not be the smartest dude around but i know how i can turn the tables pretty quickly :ROFLMAO:

Looking like a penguin while going into a orthodox hungarian church is not really my definition of MVP.... but thank you. (y)
You made me realise I am lucky I married an atheist :p

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes