Kirikou_x

Jul 6, 2021
Trying to play this in JoiPlay gives me an "Outdated Mod" error. Of course, nothing is installed outside the original game.
Any solutions? I hope the next version doesn't implement the check so I will bo linger receive the "false pozitive" message.

Hi.
I use the 6.3 game's version on joiplay 1.20,015 and renpy plugin 8.03.753.004 and it works fine. I don't use any mod so i don't know if this can be useful, maybe this or another prev version can be played that way.
Where to find it? no idea.

Very nice game btw, thanks to naughtyroad.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I know a lot of people think she looks like Denise, but damn, she looks more like Macy to me. Her nose is more regal like Macy's, and her head shape and ears are closer.
You, you Macy lover. How could you....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Okay... I love her too. I love them bot. And bears, trebuchets... And yes, she could be Macy's and Denise's sister. I can see both of them in her. Good eye.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
Hi.
I use the 6.3 game's version on joiplay 1.20,015 and renpy plugin 8.03.753.004 and it works fine. I don't use any mod so i don't know if this can be useful, maybe this or another prev version can be played that way.
Where to find it? no idea.

Very nice game btw, thanks to naughtyroad.
Thanks for the reply. It helps a lot. I have installed the Android version, as it has decent pic quality and a hide text button.
I intend to use the full version in JoiPlay after the next update. I don't use mods either.

I use the latest JoiPlay version (v1.20.023) and that seems to be the problem. I'll download the one you mentioned right away and keep it on my phone just for this game alone.

Thank you!

Reactions: Kirikou_x

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
How much of this do you think is due to the year plus wait between updates? I really enjoy your work and you are upfront with everyone with time and what you are doing, I just think alot of folks would have a hard time forking over cash for a realease they might not see in over a year.

I guess it comes down to if you want more subs or are you just fine with the way things are. I imagine you get a bump of subs around realease dates?
Oh yeah, it definitely is. In this post, I phrased it as " Patrons and supporters get to vote on it with their feet, and quite a few do actually, and I'm sure I miss a lot of business that way."

Releases do indeed get bumps in support, and I also commented on that a few times in the past and how the smart business choice is to release often as you can, and see if you can ride it from one bump to the next all the way to the moon.

But my priority is firstly to try and make LomL as good an experience as I'm able to manage, which includes it coming in complete chapters, and secondly, to ensure I keep enjoying the process of making it, or I'd burn out in a heartbeat. If that costs me support, so be it. Sure, I'd love to make a mint. But LomL couldn't be made otherwise, so I figure it's this or nothing. <shrug>

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
But my priority is firstly to try and make LomL as good an experience as I'm able to manage, which includes it coming in complete chapters, and secondly, to ensure I keep enjoying the process of making it, or I'd burn out in a heartbeat. If that costs me support, so be it. Sure, I'd love to make a mint. But LomL couldn't be made otherwise, so I figure it's this or nothing. <shrug>
The fact that you're still active and telling people why the delay between releases exists puts you light-years ahead of many developers, so keep on doing you.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The main issue for ppl seems to be thinking that if a dev makes alot of money the process becomes faster. However thats never the case.

The more cash you have the bigger your projects become. Because now you have more options. Expensive shit can be added. Better equipment and software can be used. More options means more work, means more people, means more stuff needs to be divided between those people and the workflow needs to be constantly supervised when problems arise. And they will arise on a daily basis. And the 50k make poof and are gone faster than a cold beer on a hot summer day. Taxes, salary, insurance etc.

Let's say naughtyroad makes 50k a month. He could quit his job and work on this full time. People would get pissed cause "50k a month and update takes a year?" or "Hire more people" or the classic "Look at all this milking with nothing to show for"

I worked on projects that got bigger and bigger till they collapsed as everyone burned out. And that was just writing. Produce weekly or monthly and you burn out so freaking fast that even the most stable person will burn out in a years time.

Naughtyroad is very smart about this. Yes it won't help him boost patreons on every update drop but it does something way better. It ensures the quality level stays a straight line and thats something not many devs have on this board. In fact i know only 2 others. And DC isn't one of them. It also ensures that he won't burn out and can take a break when needed as there is no deadline or someone in his neck yelling at him to finish this or that.
In a creative process a deadline is a neckbreaker to said creativity. You can't force your imagination to just work.

When the game is finished and released on steam i am convinced that the support will go up significantly for his next project.
Because by that time everyone who played the game nows the quality and how much effort was put in. If that doesn't convince people that he is one of the very best i don't know what will.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
When the game is finished and released on steam i am convinced that the support will go up significantly for his next project.
Because by that time everyone who played the game nows the quality and how much effort was put in. If that doesn't convince people that he is one of the very best i don't know what will.
It's due to be released on steam with this update (if the release date hasn't changed on there)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
The main issue for ppl seems to be thinking that if a dev makes alot of money the process becomes faster. However thats never the case.

The more cash you have the bigger your projects become. Because now you have more options. Expensive shit can be added. Better equipment and software can be used. More options means more work, means more people, means more stuff needs to be divided between those people and the workflow needs to be constantly supervised when problems arise. And they will arise on a daily basis. And the 50k make poof and are gone faster than a cold beer on a hot summer day. Taxes, salary, insurance etc.

Let's say naughtyroad makes 50k a month. He could quit his job and work on this full time. People would get pissed cause "50k a month and update takes a year?" or "Hire more people" or the classic "Look at all this milking with nothing to show for"

I worked on projects that got bigger and bigger till they collapsed as everyone burned out. And that was just writing. Produce weekly or monthly and you burn out so freaking fast that even the most stable person will burn out in a years time.

Naughtyroad is very smart about this. Yes it won't help him boost patreons on every update drop but it does something way better. It ensures the quality level stays a straight line and thats something not many devs have on this board. In fact i know only 2 others. And DC isn't one of them. It also ensures that he won't burn out and can take a break when needed as there is no deadline or someone in his neck yelling at him to finish this or that.
In a creative process a deadline is a neckbreaker to said creativity. You can't force your imagination to just work.

You're right. Most people don't understand the whole process of creating something (not only games) First thing, trying to accelerate production. Hire additional personal. 2 people is mathematical 100% jump in production? Nope. At the beginning, you have to learn this person, stealing your time. And after few months you're on your peak: cca. 70% up. Next man isn't additional 70%. Its about 50%. And so on. When an idea come from one man, you just can outsource some of boring staff for him. On creativity side you have more time, but that doesn't mean you can utilize that. Creativity can't be rushed.
You buy a new piece of equipment? You loose time again. You boost resolution? Video memory isn't enough. Another graphic card with more VRAM.
Every change you make, development time goes up. You add some details in processing render? 25% time goes for nothing, you lost 25% of the time for no benefit because 90% of your patreon can't see the difference.
You can test that for yourself, take modern game you have installed and bump one quality setting for one step up. Or down. It's really hard to tell the difference. On low/medium jump, you could see some details, but high/highest/ultra it's really tough. But you will see sometime dramatic jump in fps. Professional gamer don't use ultra quality, they use low. To have the fastest fps possible. You have nothing from pretty pictures if the game is like slideshow. In VN one "check" on your render can make your time in processing power goes up dramatically.
Bottom line is; use your resurces carefully, and on things your consummer can actually see.

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
In other words, "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate. Trolls gonna troll, troll, troll."

I stay up too late.
Got Macy in my game.
That's what Denise prays, mm-mm.

I go on too many dates.
But I can't make her sway.
At least that's what Denise says, mm-mm.
That's what Denise says, mm-mm.

But I keep choosin'.
Can't stop, won't stop Wooin'.
It's like I got this saved game in my mind.
Sayin' it's gonna be Macy's time.

'Cause Denise is gonna game, game, game, game, game.
And the Coven's gonna troll, troll, troll, troll, troll.
Baby, I'm just gonna load, load, load, load, load.
I load again, I load again (hoo-hoo-hoo).
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break.
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

I never miss an in.
I've gone hard for this real sin.
And that's what she will feel, mm-mm.
That's what she will feel, mm-mm.

I'm trying to love my fam (trying to love my fam).
I save the outcome as I win (save the outcome up as I win).

But I keep choosin'.
Can't stop, won't stop Wooin'.
It's like I got this saved game in my mind.
Sayin' it's gonna be Macy's time.

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break.
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.
Load again, I load again.
I, I, I load again, I load again.
I, I, I load again, I load again (hoo-hoo-hoo).

Hey, hey, hey.
Just thinking, while I've been gettin' down and out about the Coven.
And the sneaky, dirty, fucks of the world.
I've could've been gettin' down to this hot daught'.

My last choice brought her new feelings.
She's like, "Oh my God!" but I'm just gonna load.
And to the forumposter over there with the hella good guide.
Won't you quote this for me, baby? We can load, load, load (yeah).
Yeah, oh, oh.

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break (mmm)
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake (and fake and fake and fake)

Load again, I Load again
I, I, I Load again (yeah), I Load again (hoo-hoo-hoo)

Load again, I Load again
I, I, I load again, I load again. (you got to)

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes