jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The 18 month rule is fine. However, I think there should be a "common sense" clause. That a game that is clearly not abandoned, such as this one, doesn't get the tag regardless of the 18 month deadline.

This is on pace to be updated around the same time the tag will be automatically applied. If the tag is applied first (which will cause mayhem) and days later NR releases an update, this thread is going to turn into a shit show. "See, the abandoned tag works!" etc.

Save a lot of headaches and drama if mods would consider not using the tag blanketly.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The 18 month rule while fair and unfair to some is completely irrelevant for us and this project.

The few bad apples will not change the fact that this isn't one them and also not change the fact that this will set a standard in characters who feel believable and how to set up a story and a plot in an organic and linear way.

Less is more and if i would have to judge every story on this board of every game the majority would fall below even the lowest of standards. They branch of in to many side stories that go nowhere. Characters who are dumb as a brick but a genius five seconds after. And a plot that is so absolutely ridiculous not even sci fi or fantasy writers could explain all the bullshit going on.

Yes the update takes long. Yes the game itself is taking long. But if you make something good you need time or it turns to shit. Same applies here.

So while the 18 months rule atm is in place i can assure you that after this game is finished together with a few others the standards will rise and attract similar minded devs and ppl as well as equally skillfull to create something.

But we need the standard to be established so the majority of consumers learn that the generic "fucky fucky" story is done fast and therefore shitty. But if they want something excellent they have to wait. And they have to be patient and supportive instead of demanding and destructive.

Till that comes the board can flag this thread with whatever they want. Cause we all know the moment this thing drops the thread will be flooded again. The download button will overheat and the bears will inspect our trebuchet inventory.

In a few years the shitty games will become less and less as the standards will rise and the quality as well. Few years ago we only had 2 devs you could call "halfway decent" and we increased those numbers significantly. We will get there.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
There was indeed a developer who, for several months (or years?), teased his upcoming (fictional) update by using small zoomed-in portions of existing images.
ICSTOR. Every 6 months he'd do an update about how he was really working on the game and not on some tropical island mocking his patrons.

It's a long wait for the game, yes. But what's an even longer wait is for Book 5 in The Stormlight archive.

Last edited:
Reactions: diamondlover

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The 18 month rule while fair and unfair to some is completely irrelevant for us and this project.

The few bad apples will not change the fact that this isn't one them and also not change the fact that this will set a standard in characters who feel believable and how to set up a story and a plot in an organic and linear way.

Less is more and if i would have to judge every story on this board of every game the majority would fall below even the lowest of standards. They branch of in to many side stories that go nowhere. Characters who are dumb as a brick but a genius five seconds after. And a plot that is so absolutely ridiculous not even sci fi or fantasy writers could explain all the bullshit going on.

Yes the update takes long. Yes the game itself is taking long. But if you make something good you need time or it turns to shit. Same applies here.

So while the 18 months rule atm is in place i can assure you that after this game is finished together with a few others the standards will rise and attract similar minded devs and ppl as well as equally skillfull to create something.

But we need the standard to be established so the majority of consumers learn that the generic "fucky fucky" story is done fast and therefore shitty. But if they want something excellent they have to wait. And they have to be patient and supportive instead of demanding and destructive.

Till that comes the board can flag this thread with whatever they want. Cause we all know the moment this thing drops the thread will be flooded again. The download button will overheat and the bears will inspect our trebuchet inventory.

In a few years the shitty games will become less and less as the standards will rise and the quality as well. Few years ago we only had 2 devs you could call "halfway decent" and we increased those numbers significantly. We will get there.
At Naughty Road, we will serve no update before its time. -- Orson Wells

ICSTOR. Every 6 months he'd do an update about how he was really working on the game and not on some tropical island mocking his patrons.

It's a long wait for the game, yes. But what's an even longer wait is for Book 5 in The Stormlight archive.
What about the Song of Ice and Fire series?
It's maddening that a handful of bad actors have cast a cloud on so many hard working developers.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
As for me, I think Naughty Road can take all the time in the world he needs. He's never disappointed me. If F95 was on fire and I could only rescue one game, it would be LoML.
It's a quality site filled with free smut - there's an abundance of distractions during the wait.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
god i want to FUCK the tiny goblina, cant wait until next update.
In this society of refinement and cultural high standard we, at least myself and, I imagine, a select few, never indulge in, no matter what, the simple act of fornication.
Tying the knot of hymen would be an accurate idiom, except on weekends, of course, when it's time to cruise for chicks to bang!

Southrim

Jun 6, 2017
To the "what constitutes abandoned?" question, I want to make a note:
The vast, VAST majority of abandoned games are straightforward; the dev stopped communicating, stopped updating, to all appearances has stopped working on the project. Which is fine, they've got one life to live. The abandoned tag isn't an admonishment to their work so much as an acknowledgement there won't be more.

Then there's a tiny sliver who are confidence men, stringing along their dupes, who actually have more in common with the devs that do release content, but at a pace that's disproportionately slow but they take steps to obfuscate. These are the ones who provoke severe bad vibes and get all the attention, when they really should just be ignored outside of warning people off from them. And when some people see one bad actor, they start looking for more, often in the wrong places.

None of this has much to do with LomL, for the simple fact that the dev communicates on a regular basis with his community, and is open about how long it's taking.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
To the "what constitutes abandoned?" question, I want to make a note:
The vast, VAST majority of abandoned games are straightforward; the dev stopped communicating, stopped updating, to all appearances has stopped working on the project. Which is fine, they've got one life to live. The abandoned tag isn't an admonishment to their work so much as an acknowledgement there won't be more.

Then there's a tiny sliver who are confidence men, stringing along their dupes, who actually have more in common with the devs that do release content, but at a pace that's disproportionately slow but they take steps to obfuscate. These are the ones who provoke severe bad vibes and get all the attention, when they really should just be ignored outside of warning people off from them. And when some people see one bad actor, they start looking for more, often in the wrong places.

None of this has much to do with LomL, for the simple fact that the dev communicates on a regular basis with his community, and is open about how long it's taking.
Absolutely! That's why I say that users should exercise their own thought process after informing themselves: each game and author has its own identity.
As an example, I'd like to cite different games whose development process is commonly acknowledged as very slow, but they greatly differ, and it would be wrong to bunch them up together (as someone tends to do). I'll also add a couple nearing or having already reached the Abandoned state:

Light of my Life (you are here)
Elvensang
What a Legend!
Last Call
Dr Amana, Sexual Therapist

Evaluating why they differ is of course left as an exercise to the reader ;). But really, they are all fascinating games in their own right (LomL beats them all, of course!)

Reactions: Southrim

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just heard a particular Oingo Boingo somg on the radio, and love this, thank you.
I had Don Ho's song, Tiny Bubbles in mind.

I realized the rest of the chorus fits very well.

Tiny goblins,
In the game.
Make me happy,
Make me exclaim!
Tiny goblins,
Make me warm all over,
With a feeling that I'm gonna love them 'till the end of time....

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes