Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
Not trying to be snarky, rude, or condescending in any way by asking this, but what is the appeal of this game? Why is it rated so highly? Asking entirely from genuine curiosity as I haven't played it yet, and from an initial glance find the 2 girls depicted to be quite rough looking. Once again, sincerely not trying to be mean in any way, just trying to get some clarification.
Let's be fair here, in a field where every game is basically the same girl with different hair and slightly varied proportions, having any sort of different looking women is a HUGE draw

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Testing and Bug fixing gonna take more than 1 week? Hopefully release is along with the dev update today.
Seeing as the previous release, chapter 6, was 10 hours of content and the developer said there are around 50% more images in chapter 7... That means it could be over 15 hours of content. yeah, it could easily take more than a week.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Seeing as the previous release, chapter 6, was 10 hours of content and the developer said there are around 50% more images in chapter 7... That means it could be over 15 hours of content. yeah, it could easily take more than a week.
The length of the update does depends mostly of reading speed. Someone needs more time. But yes, Naughty's updates are really, really long. If we get done 50% more content we could look at about 12-15 hours of gameplay. If we call mathematics for help, he created 40-55 minutes of new content per month of development. And if we compare to other developers, that's not great... It's beyond great. I don't remember any developer who create such amount per month. point.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The length of the update does depends mostly of reading speed. Someone needs more time. But yes, Naughty's updates are really, really long. If we get done 50% more content we could look at about 12-15 hours of gameplay. If we call mathematics for help, he created 40-55 minutes of new content per month of development. And if we compare to other developers, that's not great... It's beyond great. I don't remember any developer who create such amount per month. point.
Correct, it depends upon reading speed and if people actually read the dialogue. My video playthrough of Chapter 6 (#9,812) had dialogue set at the approximate average reading speed of a native English language reader -- and not pausing to watch the lewd scenes longer than simply revealing the dialogue (no lingering). The videos total over 10 hours. That is where I got my calculation.

omgx123

Apr 13, 2020
I agree, it is a good game and effort, but as I remember, the game has a lot of static renders with just the character's sprite changing. Some other games have each interaction and scene renders with barely any static sprites and convos.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I agree, it is a good game and effort, but as I remember, the game has a lot of static renders with just the character's sprite changing. Some other games have each interaction and scene renders with barely any static sprites and convos.
Well, it's his style, Caribdis is another expert to make sprite changes, those 2-3 static render in loop. It's little old school, but I like it. On the other range of spectrum there is Ocean, who has powerfull computes and make long animations, like a movie scene. But not so much content. (yes, he makes 2 games simultaneously, but still not so much compared to Naughty.) I admire all of them.
It's still a really huge update.

Last edited:

cvjoint

Apr 29, 2022
I love this game but can someone please help me understand why the update takes so long? I realize that it's a lot of content each time but 90% of the content is the same five already created stills of the girls standing there looking surprised then upset then happy in every conversation. If almost every conversation with the characters is already rendered for the most part and they just reuse the same renders over and over, why does it take so long?

Jul 5, 2022
The length of a VN is measured in word and image count, not gameplay hours.

• Angry
Reactions: whoabacha

BC

Jul 13, 2017
View attachment 2765256
This week in some sentences: One full playthrough for happy path done. Obviously, I fixed a whole bunch of stuff as I went so it was anything but a speed run, but the time it took to play through all content still took me by surprise. (more details in the running blogpost on patreon/subscribestar)
Oof. Slower progress than I’d hoped. Maybe mid-august.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
View attachment 2765256
This week in some sentences: One full playthrough for happy path done. Obviously, I fixed a whole bunch of stuff as I went so it was anything but a speed run, but the time it took to play through all content still took me by surprise. (more details in the running blogpost on patreon/subscribestar)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes