naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ugh. I didn't remember the gallery just being the images :( I like 'scene' galleries much better, since the writing is just as important as the image.
I know what you mean, and I'm happy that you do like the writing at least. :)

Since much of the scenes depend on past choices and other variables that can change a lot as time progresses, I find it very hard to just lift a section out and jump to it from a gallery menu.

That goes for outside of the context of a running game session, as it is now, because those variables aren't available there.

Inside a running game session those variables I mentioned may have gotten values that don't make sense for that scene and the scenes play differently when you replay them. Or worse, if the scene has a choice that changes the variables, the peek at the gallery has influenced your current play session in a way you didn't expect, and we don't want that either.

Getting that right it would take an effort I'd rather put into creating new content at the moment, so you're stuck with this I'm afraid. :whistle:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I know what you mean, and I'm happy that you do like the writing at least. :)

Since much of the scenes depend on past choices and other variables that can change a lot as time progresses, I find it very hard to just lift a section out and jump to it from a gallery menu.

That goes for outside of the context of a running game session, as it is now, because those variables aren't available there.

Inside a running game session those variables I mentioned may have gotten values that don't make sense for that scene and the scenes play differently when you replay them. Or worse, if the scene has a choice that changes the variables, the peek at the gallery has influenced your current play session in a way you didn't expect, and we don't want that either.

Getting that right it would take an effort I'd rather put into creating new content at the moment, so you're stuck with this I'm afraid. :whistle:
Then what about having the gallery only be in-game (not in the title menu) and take your current game choices into account? I've never seen one work that way, but only showing us the things we've unlocked on that playthrough seems like it wouldn't have the issues you bring up.

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Donor
Respected User
Apr 24, 2018
Then what about having the gallery only be in-game (not in the title menu) and take your current game choices into account? I've never seen one work that way, but only showing us the things we've unlocked on that playthrough seems like it wouldn't have the issues you bring up.
The best gallery is already in the game!
Wanna see mc get hit in the nuts again? Roll back a bit, save and load it later for lots of ball busting fun xD

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I'm curious, I really love the game so far but in the future will there be kinks like BDSM or Maledom added? or is it out of the question, I still like the vanilla stuff though.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Imagine the affection of a girl as a number. It starts from zero and given the right answer it increases.
There's a scene that varies depending on her affection. Let's say for instance you get nothing if affection is less than 5, a hug if it's inbetween 5 and 10 and a kiss if it's higher than 10.
Now you want to replay that scene but your current affection is 120. What result did you get at the time?
And this is for a single variable, this game is absolutely stacked of them.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(..) I've never seen one work that way, but only showing us the things we've unlocked on that playthrough seems like it wouldn't have the issues you bring up.
Interesting suggestion, let me try to address that in a bit more detail.

Problem is, say that that scene takes the love/negative emotion score into account. At the point you unlock it, those values may cause the scene to play out in one way. Now you open the scene again much later, those scores may have completely changed, and so will the scene, and now someone is very angry or very happy with you and you go WTFudge it didn't happen that way.

Worse one: take the scenario that the scene allows you to make a choice, and that choice has repercussions later. You replay the scene from the gallery, try the other option just to see how it plays out, now that choice is remembered as the choice you made in the current play-through, and the game starts acting in a way you never chose. You really don't want that.

Even in a game like Man of the House which has scene replay options, I've noticed that it plays you a vanilla version of the scene without the exact choices you made.

I can get around this, sure. I could persist all variables at the moment of unlock, and when you replay the scene, shove current variables to a stack, load the saved ones, pop the current ones back out after playing, or I could spin the scene up in a new context, or any of those neat programmer tricks to solve what is a pretty standard problem.
But like all things, it'll take time to build, and the testing omg the testing, for each scene, and each variation in it, and each release again because maybe the variables change and now your persisted frame is corrupt, and if it is, I have to write migrations for all those changes as well. Ack!

Now, I don't know all the ways other games do it, and maybe their scenes don't have reactivity in the conversations and choices to take into account, and it's easier for them. Maybe they just took the effort.

But I think it's better I spend all that time on creating new content instead though.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I'm curious, I really love the game so far but in the future will there be kinks like BDSM or Maledom added? or is it out of the question, I still like the vanilla stuff though.
Well, I do want to include some kinks, but there's two things to consider. First of all, there's a question of character. I mean, don't expect to be leading Macy around the park on a leash in an open-crotched latex dogsuit for instance. Secondly, some thing I know I couldn't write in a way that is compelling. With that I mean stuff like rape and sexual assault, coercion, or sexualized violence (when not directed at the MC that is).

Wrt other kinks, if they're fun and consensual and fit the character, sure. Without confirming anything, I can imagine Brooke having a lot of fun tying the MC to a bed, I know the footsie cadre has been hoping for some action in their neck of the woods. We already have one pregnant lady in the mix but who's to say it stops there, and there are plenty more fun kinks I can imagine doing over time. We'll have to see where the story takes us.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Well, I do want to include some kinks, but there's two things to consider. First of all, there's a question of character. I mean, don't expect to be leading Macy around the park on a leash in an open-crotched latex dogsuit for instance. Secondly, some thing I know I couldn't write in a way that is compelling. With that I mean stuff like rape and sexual assault, coercion, or sexualized violence (when not directed at the MC that is).

Wrt other kinks, if they're fun and consensual and fit the character, sure. Without confirming anything, I can imagine Brooke having a lot of fun tying the MC to a bed, I know the footsie cadre has been hoping for some action in their neck of the woods. We already have one pregnant lady in the mix but who's to say it stops there, and there are plenty more fun kinks I can imagine doing over time. We'll have to see where the story takes us.
I know i still have my fingers crossed waiting for the update to play where the main character can impregnate the daughters. :D

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
A lot of people have called the characters ugly, but that's really not true. The renders themselves are very well done.

I think the problem a lot of people are having (myself included to some extent) is the art style is very unique, and is not to everyone's taste. It's really hard to describe, but the closest comparison I can make is that the art style and the characters really give me a claymation vibe. Specifically, the character models really make me think of a more realistic Aardman Animation characters (Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit, Flushed Away), but I'm not exactly sure why. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it certainly makes the game stand out. But it does feel strange.

AdultGamer227

Jan 9, 2018
So ? Is there anything coming in near Future? i think this game has pretty solid Potential,- also Storywise much and many directions to go with, Rendering is Great and something new. Hope this is not some kind of short moneymovement shit

Reactions: naughtyroad

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
So ? Is there anything coming in near Future? i think this game has pretty solid Potential,- also Storywise much and many directions to go with, Rendering is Great and something new. Hope this is not some kind of short moneymovement shit
Dev does an entire chapter per update. So they take a while to make.

Reactions: naughtyroad

Hardly_BTC

Dec 27, 2017
Sounds like a promising story just wish the models didn't look ulgy asf think it's the noses wish the dev would reconsider redesigning them
I felt the same... at first. After playing the game though, honestly, it's a breath of fresh air for me.I've played multiple games from other devs, but when the same models keep popping up, its alittle jarring. Besides, these girls have their charms :D.

Personally I just like the fact it's original, without any old plot tricks like drugs or powers. The fact that I'm excited for the next one, isn't something I expected when i started.

AdultGamer227

Jan 9, 2018
Dev does an entire chapter per update. So they take a while to make.
No
When it's done. None of us but naughtyroad have any clue how near or far that is. And begging a dev distracts said dev from making more game!
Hey eh i did not start this to make any pressure on the Dev.

But ehm to bring an update out 0.3.3 or whatever the last update is (your prospective it is called an update cause it got fixes)
from my prospective its a waste of time,- if you have some NonMajor things to fix and correct,- do so. but don't create an freakin "version" out of that useless fix (EXCEPT the version before did not WORK properly! i played it and everything was great so there WAS no issue to really fix.)

My Point is,- for me that was basically a Money Move or atleast similar to one you know

Cause i checked the Changelog and damn really ? literally not a major fix or change whatsoever
"1 changed image" bruh ... = waste of time to "HOLD THIS GAME ACTIVE" but taking my time by developing it.

This is what i think is the issue with alot of Developers.

There are a few where I can say wow, they are actually really good, Render, Storytelling, concept of the Game, Visuals, Animations yada yada, a few really great Devs are here
This Project right here has even a different touch just cause of the look of the game its different and catches eyes.
so big + for that, good rendering, nice story so far alot to build up with and go to.
BUT then some weirdo fixing moves are coming in that literally changed nothing at all^^

Like EITHER bring an "UPDATE" out where you UPDATED the game aka DEVELOPED the game further with FutureContent.
Or don't bother wasting time uploading anything and make a Post instead.
And when you smashed a couple hundred Renders (Yes this takes Time and I respect that. But you always should put yourself a Limit on until when you want to have the Next Update ready,- its like creating your own Anime series,- they started exactly like that but they needed to be even more consistent and make it real and hold their own schedules on point and BRING stuff out before the deadtime was over you know so y.

NoOffens to you Dev. I got you but small, or you can say literally nothing changed on this current update except 1image got inserted "and if anyone wants to see that you need to play from the beginning" bruh... For 1Picture ? meh fuck that (what leads to---> you wasted your own time aswell cause for ONE picture out of 300-500+Pictures? nah I'm good :).

You know what I mean ?

Anyway. Keep up the Great Work. Like I said i like this game so keep the RealUpdates coming with FutureContent. And Stick or Focus on this Game for a while,- cause I really believe just because of the Visuals (cause its different yet very appealing) and added on that the Storytelling (the way you started it and lead it so far) is very captivating so ye. Keep it up
+rep

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes