Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm software developer, so I like to help other devs finding bugs. The more people play the beta, the faster bugs will be found, and the faster we will have a final version without bugs.
Sadly, this month I'm short of money to support through SS/Patreon.
You're so short of money that you can't afford FREE? Man, so what you're saying is that not only are you so broke you can't pay attention, you can't even afford something for nothing.

Only a small handful of trusted people were privately sent a link to download the beta for testing. Something said in this thread over and over again - and anyone dropping in for more than 10 minutes every year is aware of that. There is no link in Subscribestar or Patreon for any level of support to download the beta. There will only be a link available to everyone - for free - when the handful of beta testers have sent their notes to NaughtyRoad and he's cleaned them up. None of the small number of hand-selected supporters want to leak their beta version because they know if they did - none of those selected for beta testing Chapter 7 will be chosen for beta testing Chapter 8.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Around the time when CH6 released naughty told us that he was tired of spending 40+ hours a week at work and 60+ a week on his VN, and that he needed to make time for his family and a more normal life. He told us that he wasn't abandoning the VN, just that going forward he'd be devoting substantially less time to it. So we all knew that the next release (the one now pending) would be much longer coming.

To manage my own anticipation, I pretty much stopped checking in here. This is maybe the 5th or 6th time, and now it's almost here, and I find that I can hardly control myself.

Amazing VN Naughty. Thanks in advance for your commitment and devotion to excellence.

Sweet Jesus, it's hard to wait.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Around the time when CH6 released naughty told us that he was tired of spending 40+ hours a week at work and 60+ a week on his VN, and that he needed to make time for his family and a more normal life. He told us that he wasn't abandoning the VN, just that going forward he'd be devoting substantially less time to it. So we all knew that the next release (the one now pending) would be much longer coming.

To manage my own anticipation, I pretty much stopped checking in here. This is maybe the 5th or 6th time, and now it's almost here, and I find that I can hardly control myself.

Amazing VN Naughty. Thanks in advance for your commitment and devotion to excellence.

Wait... I thought I was the only Uncle here...

• Haha
Reactions: Dremel and rudy007

Jokanti

Sep 2, 2017
I'm software developer, so I like to help other devs finding bugs. The more people play the beta, the faster bugs will be found, and the faster we will have a final version without bugs.
Sadly, this month I'm short of money to support through SS/Patreon.
Citaly, so I am a 10 year+ software engineer myself and under no circumstances would i want feedback from more than 2 or 3 QA people on any release. You wouldn't want to read and reply to 100 people reporting the same bugs... it would not be faster. As I think about it, that is actually nightmare material for me.

Second, just if i can offer friendly advice, you shouldn't be paycheck to paycheck or month to month as a developer if you live in the USA. If you live in middle America you should be going from 50k to 115k salary, or in a blue state, 80k to 150k (ironically poorer since a house is at least 700k in tech sector of blue states)

Third, since this is my first post after years of lurking, good work on this game NR. It's very good. Definitely the best I've played. Your release time is good. Don't burn yourself out. I know the struggle.

Last edited:

jws_tex

Oct 23, 2019

I absolutely love this title. Bravo! I did donate, and still do periodically, so I just check once a motnh or so and see what's going down. I will purchase the Steam copy as well, just as I did with Man of the House. High quality takes time.

“I laugh at my ten-year pilgrimage - Wilted robe, tattered hat, knocking at Zen gates. In reality, the Buddha’s Law is simple: Eat your rice, drink your tea, wear your clothes.” (And wait for Naughty Dog)
― Eiji Yoshikawa, Musashi (This guy)

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Citaly, so I am a 10 year+ software engineer myself and under no circumstances would i want feedback from more than 2 or 3 QA people on any release. You wouldn't want to read and reply to 100 people reporting the same bugs... it would not be faster. As I think about it, that is actually nightmare material for me.

Second, just if i can offer friendly advice, you shouldn't be paycheck to paycheck or month to month as a developer if you live in the USA. If you live in middle America you should be going from 50k to 115k salary, or in a blue state, 80k to 150k (ironically poorer since a house is at least 700k in tech sector of blue states)

Third, since this is my first post after years of lurking, good work on this game NR. It's very good. Definitely the best I've played. Your release time is good. Don't burn yourself out. I know the struggle.
Congrats! You popped the post cherry!
Took your sweet time to do it, but in the premier thread!
3az.gif

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Will there be a link for the Chapter 7 beta? not got money on my card at the moment
Maybe good to put this out here: Do not sign up to patreon/subscribestar to get into the beta. I won't be giving out access to anyone who isn't already a supporter with a bit of history to them. The beta's in no state to be released to the public, and I'm not taking any chances after plugging away for so long just to have a shit version hit the streets a few days early.
I mean, goddamn, how utterly lacking in empathy can you get.

Around the time when CH6 released naughty told us that he was tired of spending 40+ hours a week at work and 60+ a week on his VN, and that he needed to make time for his family and a more normal life.
(...)
Cheers, not entirely true, I still put in 80 hrs work weeks to get it all done, but it's not quite the crunch it was last release, with some good agreements in place with the missus about date and movie nights and going out for shopping or fun once in a while.
That wait shouldn't be too long now though, just hang in there, you made it this far!

Citaly, so I am a 10 year+ software engineer myself and under no circumstances would i want feedback from more than 2 or 3 QA people on any release.
(...)
This is so true. Got about a dozen or so putting out steady issue reports and that's just about manageable.

(...)
Thank you! Yeah, it can be struggle. There's never enough time in a day it seem, or days in a week, and so on.

Apr 24, 2023
It came from the papa bears mouth "darn few days"

Not sure we can quantify the "darn few" but damn am I excited we have an imminent release.

Also naughtyroad do you accept bitcoin as a donation instead of just patreon/SS etc?

Reactions: rudy007

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
I was always curious if you can already fuck the sisters or you will never be able to, every time I installed this game I deleted it because of how long it was and that mostly the decisions I made ruined everything.
That is... very hard to do in this game..
If you refuse any and all interaction with everyone and choose the asshole choices consistently, then, sure, you'll not see much action.

But, barring that, the game will let you know in no uncertain terms if you are messing up and closing paths. It does not spring surprises on you based on something you said two hours ago. It's just not that kind of game.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This week in one sentence: beta testers are killing it, android trouble or not(?), and I need to get a wriggle on if I'm to hit all the remaining milestones by the time their test runs finish. Make sure to look at the still running blogpost on patreon/subscribestar because I update that with latest info every other day or so.
1691011608612.png

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
This week in one sentence: beta testers are killing it, android trouble or not(?), and I need to get a wriggle on if I'm to hit all the remaining milestones by the time their test runs finish. Make sure to look at the still running blogpost on patreon/subscribestar because I update that with latest info every other day or so.
View attachment 2820961
:PogChamp: We're in the final stretch. Good things come to those that wait.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
View attachment 2820961

So, once again we reach this point: the update is nigh.

I will remind all my fellow degenerates here that the thread is likely to recieve an influx of new players, and many of them will have questions. Some of those questions will be fine, reasonable questions. Be patient and kind to these newcomers, and maybe they'll join us in our appreciation of this game.

But others will be bears, come to merely insult the look of the game and the girls, or to incredulously ask how any of us could DARE to enjoy this game that they haven't played. With these newcomers, I can only suggest applying your siege engine of choice to them to remove them from the thread (or at least your perception of it) and awaiting others with greater firepower to remove them. Do not engage with the bears, it's what they want, just launch them out of sight and move on.

All in all, gentlemen, ladies, and anyone else; it's been, once again, an honour shitposting with you all. Good luck.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
(at any mod, my previous request to quell this was denied, but please feel free to nip this thing).
I sent a couple of reports in to try and 'nudge' an appropriate response. A purpose built new troll account should be nipped in the bud.

On a serious note though.. Are your beta testers covering the human factors and ergonomics? I mean, are you testing equally with right handed users vs. left handed users? Because I can fit you in for a good RH test, if you want? ;)

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes