halftilt

Sep 10, 2020
Hey there, Developer of Light-Space Love here, I just wanted to jump in to address all of the comments about crashing, but if you don't read this, I'd recommend just using the Debug Version to play this version and BaasB can you remove the (Release) and (Unpacked) versions from the main post? The Unpacked and Release versions have crash issues.

So, to summarize the issue pretty plainly, I tested the game pretty thoroughly in the Test mode of the engine I'm using (Godot) and faced no crashes trying to break the game. But the Test mode (which I assumed existed to find bugs before release) doesn't function like the release mode at all and the release mode will crash for entirely different reasons than the debug mode.

This also explains why the Debug version is the only version that doesn't have these crashes -- which I'd recommend everyone use the Debug link for now.

I think there's a lot more going on under the hood, and to go more in-depth I made a public post here that goes over everything and how I'll be solving this issue going forward on if you're interested.

Either way, it's not really acceptable to release a game that crashes this much and I'm just as frustrated as you guys are with these crashes.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Hey there, Developer of Light-Space Love here, I just wanted to jump in to address all of the comments about crashing, but if you don't read this, I'd recommend just using the Debug Version to play this version and BaasB can you remove the (Release) and (Unpacked) versions from the main post? The Unpacked and Release versions have crash issues.

So, to summarize the issue pretty plainly, I tested the game pretty thoroughly in the Test mode of the engine I'm using (Godot) and faced no crashes trying to break the game. But the Test mode (which I assumed existed to find bugs before release) doesn't function like the release mode at all and the release mode will crash for entirely different reasons than the debug mode.

This also explains why the Debug version is the only version that doesn't have these crashes -- which I'd recommend everyone use the Debug link for now.

I think there's a lot more going on under the hood, and to go more in-depth I made a public post here that goes over everything and how I'll be solving this issue going forward on if you're interested.

Either way, it's not really acceptable to release a game that crashes this much and I'm just as frustrated as you guys are with these crashes.
Done, if you ask me, you need beta testers......

• Angry
Reactions: Ienjoysit123

BadGuano

Mar 9, 2018
The game looks really good and promising, however I can't play it at all. The moment I have to start combat the game immediatly crashes. The next thing is, the settings menu doesn't work at all besides the full screen option. The sound options don't work.
Is there any way to prevent crashes or do I have to wait until hotfix/new version?
I played prototype 0,2 since it's the only DL available.

Reactions: happybrother

Vidust

Feb 9, 2018
Sound is deafeningly loud by default, and the settings don't save. I turn the sounds down, hit save, nothing happens.

fireboy619

Aug 22, 2017
Even just looking at the pictures are enough for me to get this on my watch list! Mate, Games looking good!

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
Looks good should be interesting to see how this game turns out. If anyone having problems you should try debug log version.

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
I would suggest maybe turning the "Fark" thing into an option. Maybe make it so one can turn it off. That way you can keep it in, its a rather quick fix and those who find it a boner killer wont have to deal with it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: quiboune

Motor3Fase

Sep 6, 2017
for some reason a cant get out of the dungeon at the start of the game, i already defeated all enemies and watch the hole in the wall.

WeirdFrank

May 30, 2017
oh man, this one caught my eye a while back but Ive haven't had the chance to try it yet :c hope this update I manage to check it out

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes