Sep 10, 2019
I don't understand why people jump through the hoops of MTL-ing shit directly for RPGMaker games that are so easily text hookable anyway. I'm running the game through textractor and putting it through multiple TLs regardless, all this does is fuck me over by leaving so much of the game's text in the shitty google TL with no way to get the unmolested text.

I guess I can understand why some people might prefer their translations done directly in the game, but it's especially shitty when an MTL is the only avaliable rip of a game.

...Now I feel kinda dumb for complaining because if I gave this much of a shit I should just pay for the game and get the original text myself.

Anyway, does anyone have a save of the completed base game? I played through this years ago when it first came out but lost that hard drive shortly after, and I really don't feel like grinding through all those missions again to get to the new stuff.

Reactions: russianbot

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
I guess I can understand why some people might prefer their translations done directly in the game, but it's especially shitty when an MTL is the only avaliable rip of a game.
That's not a reason either - MTool lets you see the translations in game on the fly. I totally agree with you - if they're not going to edit the MTL in any way, it's much better to just put out the original game and let us translate ourselves with MTool, Textractor, VNR, AGTH or whatever.

where do i find this Mtool?
Here:

Reactions: Ghizghuth

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
That's not a reason either - MTool lets you see the translations in game on the fly. I totally agree with you - if they're not going to edit the MTL in any way, it's much better to just put out the original game and let us translate ourselves with MTool, Textractor, VNR, AGTH or whatever.

Here:
Last time I checked mtool was a fucking nigtmare jenga tower of a thing with no support for any decent local translation tools and utterly dependent on constant phone home bullshit and a perpetual connection to the authors e-begging that made it singularly unreliable.
But I suppose I should give it another look, it's been a while.

AVSA1994

Mar 16, 2019

Here:
thanks

Sep 10, 2019
Last time I checked mtool was a fucking nigtmare jenga tower of a thing with no support for any decent local translation tools and utterly dependent on constant phone home bullshit and a perpetual connection to the authors e-begging that made it singularly unreliable.
It is a pretty handy tool, but it still does that shit. I'm really not comfortable with anything that absolutely demands that you always check for updates and refuses to function when not updated, especially when it was working just fine without the update and doubly so now that it has an "evade antivirus" checkbox. No matter how good the guy's intentions, it's annoying at best and a straight-up security vulnerability at worst.

Either way though, regardless of if you use MTool or Textractor or whatever else, basically anything is preferable to a copy of the game just hard-translated with a half-assed MTL and no way to revert it. :(

Reactions: Ghizghuth

T4ke

Sep 19, 2018
Exactly this. Last time I tried this tool it triggered a red wave in VirusTotal. Now I know that such injection Software tends to do that but the fact that it is constantly connected to its "home server" made me very suspicious of that Software. Textractor and Co. sometimes also trigger some red flags but at least I know that it's open source and not permanently sending whatever to some ominous home server.

Do tell us about your experience with the "New Version" of this Software. I really like the idea of MTool but for the love of god, let me use it offline without a permanent connection to china...

ZeroT2

Oct 2, 2018
I dont know if it works with the MTL, but here is a save with almost all enemies in the battle galley, only missing 3 enemies, 2 extra bosses and 1 glitched enemie

Maskmaker

Jan 31, 2018
Mtool does a better job. I mean, if you can't even be bothered to change all the common text in game, let alone bother to wrap the text with new sizable font then don't bother.

BLASTEROID2nd

Mar 2, 2022
Based on my observations through the comments, I suggest not playing this game for now until everything is translated even if it's mtl.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
Mtool does a better job. I mean, if you can't even be bothered to change all the common text in game, let alone bother to wrap the text with new sizable font then don't bother.
When I tried using MTOOL with this one it broke all dialogue boxes, broke all missions screens, crashed frequently with a weird 'failed to create bitmap' error, and didn't translate any battle text....
So as poor an effort as this translation is, it's still better than mtool.

If you've got some way to make this work with MTool, I would love to hear it....

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote