ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
The scripts contain a solid third of the games text.....
If you don't touch the scripts in this one, you really aren't translating much.
Looks like commonevents weren't touched either... that's another third.
Ah, I was about to respond to your original comment, but it seems you've worked out what the translator did, yea. They simply ran any file that didn't contain any scripts through Translator++ under Google translate, and skipped everything else.
Like you said, most of the game's text is in the same files as the scripts, so this meant most of it isn't even translated. commonEvents usually contains at least a few file references, so the translator probably skipped that entire section for the same reason.

Idk why this isn't labeled as an incomplete (and machine-only) translation, or why the "translator name" is linked, when there is absolutely 0 editing of the MTL. I do have to question whether or not there's some kind of issue of translating the text within the files, and simply excluding the actual scripted lines from the translation; or if the translator just didn't want to take the time to go through with blacklisting individual lines.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
looks really fun,can the MC's give into the lust without a game over. Rather can the MC's get corrupted?

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
Ah, I was about to respond to your original comment, but it seems you've worked out what the translator did, yea. They simply ran any file that didn't contain any scripts through Translator++ under Google translate, and skipped everything else.
Like you said, most of the game's text is in the same files as the scripts, so this meant most of it isn't even translated. commonEvents usually contains at least a few file references, so the translator probably skipped that entire section for the same reason.

Idk why this isn't labeled as an incomplete (and machine-only) translation, or why the "translator name" is linked, when there is absolutely 0 editing of the MTL. I do have to question whether or not there's some kind of issue of translating the text within the files, and simply excluding the actual scripted lines from the translation; or if the translator just didn't want to take the time to go through with blacklisting individual lines.
I found a clean copy.
After digging into it a bit, this game actually has the overwhelming majority of meaningful text in common events.
I'm about halfway through the script file.
Translator++ can actually do shockingly good work, but it needs a fair bit of configuration and handholding, and it needs to be setup carefully and adjusted for each project you work on... otherwise your protagonist winds up named 'Rye'.

Use a decent NN model instead of google or bing, and use a red parser or build your own and you really can do a decent mtl in 4-8 hours of work.

Reactions: Ghizghuth

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
RGSS202j.dill cannot be found
You either need to get the RPG Maker VX file (just google it. might as well get the other ones too if you ever intend to play any RPG Maker game), or you aren't using Japanese system locale (so your computer can't read the japanese filenames).
The download contains all the correct files, and it technically launches and is playable...though you'll likely have a better time understanding the game if you just played it in Japanese, even if you can't read a single word.

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
I found a clean copy.
After digging into it a bit, this game actually has the overwhelming majority of meaningful text in common events.
I'm about halfway through the script file.
Translator++ can actually do shockingly good work, but it needs a fair bit of configuration and handholding, and it needs to be setup carefully and adjusted for each project you work on... otherwise your protagonist winds up named 'Rye'.

Use a decent NN model instead of google or bing, and use a red parser or build your own and you really can do a decent mtl in 4-8 hours of work.
I used to use Sugoi, but it needs an active connection to their server, and I think it's been down for a good while. That was a neural net translator, iirc.

But, yea....I took a look at the original file structure, and it is quite obvious why the translator's way of doing things simply will not work here lol

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
looks really fun,can the MC's give into the lust without a game over. Rather can the MC's get corrupted?
Nothing bad in this game is permanent, but if they get both futa status and lewd crest you will lose control of the character and they will attack other party members.

Reactions: JaszMan

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Egg pregnancy and birth. Getting cummed inside has a high chance of conception.

Yeah, you get money only for successfully completing boss hunts or by selling excess materials. Game itself tells you that. Though addition of sellable gallery unlockers gives a bit of cash boost compared to first version.
Yeah v2 seems like it fixed some of the issues from the early versions. It's a lot more manageable now, though you can still die really fast if you ever get ambushed by anything.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
I used to use Sugoi, but it needs an active connection to their server, and I think it's been down for a good while. That was a neural net translator, iirc.

But, yea....I took a look at the original file structure, and it is quite obvious why the translator's way of doing things simply will not work here lol
Sugoi can also be trained and run locally if you've got a pile of cuda cores and 10-20GB of VRAM lying around. Thats what I've been doing. No outside resources, all running locally on my garage server.

hedean

Jun 23, 2017
Oh look. Its the same guys that made that monster hunter parody that took grinding to another level.. Hope this one isnt as bad..

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
This looks decent but the MTL is a huge no-no for games like this.

Besides? That circle is famous for their brain dead "game design" decisions so yeah, no.

I play games for fun and what these guys do is most often the complete opposite.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I've played version 1 of this before. The battle system is interesting but holy fuck is it grindy. It just doesn't like giving any money, and EVERY single upgrade for your chracters costs money.
Battle system is a complete pile of garbage.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
The scripts contain a solid third of the games text.....
If you don't touch the scripts in this one, you really aren't translating much.
Looks like commonevents weren't touched either... that's another third.
Good grief, makes you wonder why they even bothered.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote