Sep 10, 2019
When I tried using MTOOL with this one it broke all dialogue boxes, broke all missions screens, crashed frequently with a weird 'failed to create bitmap' error, and didn't translate any battle text....
So as poor an effort as this translation is, it's still better than mtool.

If you've got some way to make this work with MTool, I would love to hear it....
I prefer using MTool as a fallback when traditional text hooking doesn't work, rather than the other way around.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
I don't understand why people jump through the hoops of MTL-ing shit directly for RPGMaker games that are so easily text hookable anyway. I'm running the game through textractor and putting it through multiple TLs regardless, all this does is fuck me over by leaving so much of the game's text in the shitty google TL with no way to get the unmolested text.

I guess I can understand why some people might prefer their translations done directly in the game, but it's especially shitty when an MTL is the only avaliable rip of a game.

...Now I feel kinda dumb for complaining because if I gave this much of a shit I should just pay for the game and get the original text myself.

Anyway, does anyone have a save of the completed base game? I played through this years ago when it first came out but lost that hard drive shortly after, and I really don't feel like grinding through all those missions again to get to the new stuff.
I think this game is actually a good example of why people prefer even a bad mtl over text hooking.
It's got a lot of text in different places and on different memory addresses, that means if you use text hooking you can really only get some of the text, and much of it is on screen briefly so running multiple hooks isn't a practical means of ingesting it.

mTool even if you don't have issues with it (and most people will- it's an ugly solution in some ways). Just doesn't work with this game as it doesn't even result in a playable end product. That really means the only option left is to perform a traditional 3 step translation Extract,translate,insert.

That said I agree it's irritating not to have original text, in a perfect world sites like this one wouldn't distribute patched copies of commercial products; just translation patches and purchase links. Or all translated games would include a copy of the original. But money is tight and drive space and bandwidth are limited, and distribution deals are all horseshit... so here we are in our less ideal world.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
NOTICE: Do not, and I mean DO NOT use English Version of RPG Maker VX game engine tool on dis game.
I been straining over the Translator++ to figure out why my game keeps crashing and found out dat it was the English Version of RPG Maker VX dat was changing sum things in the scripts (IDK wat because I'm to busy 2 go hunt dat crap down).

Wat confirms my theory is dat I took a fresh Data folder (not modified by RPG Maker Engine yet), and went to the CG to unlock 3 enemies dat I don't have.
Saves the project and goes into the game to do a mock H battle with em only to get an Error with a crash.
And I didn't translate one line of code or anything of the game. >:/

I'm also sharing my Translation files for dis game to. :3
The
Risky one has everything in it which U'll have 2 pain stakenly scroll through and check (double check my work basically).
And the
Stable one is for beginners U can basically export it as is and it should work, although only export the "Game.ini" and "/YAML" DO NOT EXPORT the "/Script" section unless U like a CRASHY GAME LUL. X3 ENJOY!

Last edited:

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
NOTICE: Do not, and I mean DO NOT use English Version of RPG Maker VX tool on dis game.
I been straining over the Translator++ to figure out why my game keeps crashing and found out dat it was the English Version of RPG Maker VX dat was changing sum things in the scripts (IDK wat because I'm to busy 2 go hunt dat crap down).

Wat confirms my theory is dat I took a fresh Data folder (not modified by RPG Maker Engine yet), and went to the CG to unlock 3 enemies dat I don't have.
Saves the project and goes into the game to do a mock H battle with em only to get an Error with a crash.
And I didn't translate one line of code or anything of the game. >:/

I'm also sharing my Translation files for dis game to. :3
The
Risky one has everything in it which U'll have 2 pain stakenly scroll through and check (double check my work basically).
And the
Stable one is for beginners U can basically export it as is and it should work, although only export the "Game.ini" and "/YAML" DO NOT EXPORT the "/Script" section unless U like a CRASHY GAME LUL. X3 ENJOY!
Neither of these translation contain any of the commonevents... which is where most of the text is.....

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
Neither of these translation contain any of the commonevents... which is where most of the text is.....
U sure about dat?
Risky:
1670105500700.png

Stable:

1670105563015.png

Is using Translator++ 4.8.31.
(Last version be4 the Translator++ Dev guy started BLOCKING Patreon users dat was giving away the Patreon Paid version on sharing sites. >:/ )

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
hmm insteresting I'm seeing 0 rows in commonevent.yaml when I import, probably because we are on different versions. maybe I should roll back.
Yea dat would help, IDK why newer versions did dat 2 U. >w>
I guess where its like 12+ updates behind it's no longer compatible with the newest version of Translator++. X3

I may support Translator++ Dev sum time in the future, atm I can barely keep my bills paid atm. XwX

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
So, in the battle gallery which I'm guessing is mainly the place to fight enemies whenever you want, how exactly do you leave? The spawning thing seems to be unkillable and just keeps spawning the selected enemy and there's no button to press to get out of the fight.

Nov 20, 2020
So, in the battle gallery which I'm guessing is mainly the place to fight enemies whenever you want, how exactly do you leave? The spawning thing seems to be unkillable and just keeps spawning the selected enemy and there's no button to press to get out of the fight.
You leave when you lose, that's the only way.

rghost

Aug 12, 2017
New Parser of Translator++ V4.3.31 has a bug with script export of RPG Maker VX.
The exported scripts get converted in UTF-8 BOM which crashes the game.

You can open the game in eng editor, but you need to use locale emulator JP to start the editor.

Manually corrected script file for LILIM DRIVE v2.1.3 (exported the scripts, converted with notepad++, imported scripts)

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: jttth

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
New Parser of Translator++ V4.3.31 has a bug with script export of RPG Maker VX.
The exported scripts get converted in UTF-8 BOM which crashes the game.

You can open the game in eng editor, but you need to use locale emulator JP to start the editor.

Manually corrected script file for LILIM DRIVE v2.1.3 (exported the scripts, converted with notepad++, imported scripts)
This drops the Damage entries for moves, so you can't see how much damage or how many times skills hit for.
Lilim Drive's scripts file is ARCANE.

rghost

Aug 12, 2017
This drops the Damage entries for moves, so you can't see how much damage or how many times skills hit for.
Lilim Drive's scripts file is ARCANE.
Oh, script 'スキル一列表示' has 4 lines too much translated. It takes a lot of time to export / import it again.... done
I replaced the file in my post.

Last edited:

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Time for a Full Save.
I would've had one as soon as someone asked, but Deep Seeker just kept adding new content.

Dec 29, 2017
Oh, script 'スキル一列表示' has 4 lines too much translated. It takes a lot of time to export / import it again.... done
I replaced the file in my post.
If I understand correctly should this hack of yours enable translation via the new parser? We just need to replace the Scripts.rvdata in the Data folder with yours?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote