Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
The sub title is a bad idea imo. You need something strong and easy to remember. Lilith Rising fits the bill.
That was also a favorite option for me too.

Dark pawn - fits because you're a pawn in lilith's game, she's working on a grand universal scale,
and you start so focused on your own nose so to speak, so you don't even comprehend the grandeur of things,

as the story progresses, you'll gradually realize the size of the scales, and then be shocked to know, that what you thought was just a tiny micro scope of the actual scale, this will happen between seasons.

But yes, just remove the subtitle might be the way to go!

Reactions: motseer

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
IDK about Steam but Eternum is here on F95... https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-5-public-caribdis.93340/

I would not usually post a link to another dev's title here in your forum but since you, the dev for the title of this forum, are the one asking, there it is. There are folks that go crazy over that title. I, for one, am NOT one of them. I find the story premise a bit too shallow, even a bit silly for my taste and I am NOT a fan of that Honey Select style character rendering. It's actually one of the the better titles that use that rendering style but it's still not my thing. I will ALWAYS prefer realistic character rendering, the more realistic the better. THAT is what drew me in to this title Tainted aka Lilith Rising (still having difficulty with that clunky name) that drop dead gorgeous, nearly photorealistic masterpiece level artwork!
AWESOME!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

On another note, THANK YOU for the heads up that there will be changes in the game in the third chapter that will warrant a replay. I truly appreciate knowing this in advance so I can wait until chapter 3 update drops to play this title. I just dropped another title one or two days ago for making me restart for a third time and adding things that made the game even MORE grindy than it was previously, like extra screens to provide updates I didn't request for things I already know that require additional select and close operations just to do what used to take only one click. Yeah... I'm not big on having to keep restarting the game over and over. It gets old with the quickness. If I choose to replay a title because I love it, that is a good thing. Making me restart a game is NEVER a good thing. From what you were saying, Joubei, this would be more of replay to see the new image quality rather than "Ooops, the dev f:censored:ed up and changed a bunch of things that voided all of your earlier saved games." So, no hard feeling and I will still wait. I have high expectations and even higher hopes for this title, whatever it will be called, because the renders are perfection already IMHO. Not sure what you are doing to improve on perfection but I am chomping at the bit for the release of chapter 3 now to see what you are up to, my friend!:devilish:(y)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
F95 is a great community with passionate people (more on that later),
but from a business standpoint (income/profits) it's not a major factor on a game's success.
Success is measured by monthly or yearly profit, and profit growth.

Freshwomen made amazing marketing push prior to going on steam, and was preparing for it for a few months prior to launch, it was not at all similar to Being a DIK that has a cult like following for many years now. so Freshwomen is a much closer example for me to mimic, high production value and business first outlook on project development.
Sadly this is the only way we can keep doing creative for the long run.

And I also don't like the honey select type of games :sick::poop: , they give me pado vibes haha, and level of details make it less realistic, but funny enough honey select itself was my intro to the genre, its the first game I actually played long before I knew what AVN even was, then I found being a DIK and now I'm making an AVN haha.

Also wanted to mention the changes are not visual only - but also story and dialogue, not to worry code is always solid so you don't need to replay if you don't want too, but its highly recommended as I changed a-lot more then just the visuals for instance the dynamic with Jezz, the Queen and especially with Gwen, so there are more reminiscing about the past to show they have a long history together, which I thought was missing, also I've added some references to the castle and the local area, so you'll now get some bearings and names of the places you'll visit, for instance the names of the forest, village and castle, even the lake you'll visit or the cliff you'll go to etc, and much more.
Lots of these changes came about after conversations with people here in our community on f95!
so this was the best decision I made - to do the early access here!

I truly appreciate each one of you guys and your very strong opinions!

hitmebaby

Apr 22, 2022
but from a business standpoint (income/profits) it's not a major factor on a game's success.

Freshwomen made amazing marketing push prior to going on steam, and was preparing for it for a few months prior to launch, it was not at all similar to Being a DIK that has a cult like following for many years now. so Freshwomen is a much closer example for me to mimic, high production value and business first outlook on project development.

And I also don't like the honey select type of games :sick::poop: , they give me pado vibes haha, and level of details make it less realistic, but funny enough honey select itself was my intro to the genre, its the first game I actually played long before I knew what AVN even was, then I found being a DIK and now I'm making an AVN haha.

Also wanted to mention the changes are not visual only - but also story and dialogue, not to worry code is always solid so you don't need to replay if you don't want too, but its highly recommended as I changed a-lot more then just the visuals for instance the dynamic with Jezz, the Queen and especially with Gwen, so there are more reminiscing about the past to show they have a long history together, which I thought was missing, also I've added some references to the castle and the local area, so you'll now get some bearings and names of the places you'll visit, for instance the names of the forest, village and castle, even the lake you'll visit or the cliff you'll go to etc, and much more.
Lots of these changes came about after conversations with people here in our community on f95!

I said my piece, but here are some examples you can inspire yourself in: The Deluca Family, City of Broken Dreamers, SnowStorm, University of Problems, Above the Clouds, Tales From the Unending Void, Depraved Awakening, Projekt: Passion, Dreamland.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I said my piece, but here are some examples you can inspire yourself in: The Deluca Family, City of Broken Dreamers, SnowStorm, University of Problems, Above the Clouds, Tales From the Unending Void, Depraved Awakening, Projekt: Passion, Dreamland.
If you check all of these on steamdb.info all of these, except Broken Dreamers (which is around 100k sales), the rest are either not on steam at all or sold around 10k units, but even broken dreamers is only about 10% the success of Freshwomen, so from a business standpoint you're just enforcing what I'm trying to say.

Marketing and game development are 2 sides of the same coin, they both need to be strong for a game to succeed,
Broken dreamers is one of my fav games, it has great art, great story.

My goal is to be able to cover all the costs of this game production and hire a team to help me produce faster,
I want to have the full story out (all 4 seasons), and for that I need it to be successful on steam.

Thank you for your opinion, I'll give this some more thought.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I actually made two passes through the current available files last night. I'm not quite sure of what to make of the story at this point so I plan to try again, making some different choices each time. But, at present, it seems like some quest tasks are scripted to fail no matter what choices the MC makes. Not a fan of being set up to fail, my friend. I will take a closer look, try all available options and send you a PM afterward with detailed notes and commentary. Pretty sure a good bit of what I have to say is not proper forum banter.

Also of note, do you honestly think a pirate site where ALL of us pirates are here for the free games really have any concern over or business knowing about your finances and financial concerns??? I cannot speak for everyone here but I find the entire money conversation in poor taste, my friend. I am exceedingly poor due to only receiving a tiny disability "benefit" each month. That is as far as I will discuss my own poverty. Talk to other devs about game finances. Morgan Freeman stated my opinion of financial discussions most eloquently...

As a retired professional musician I will talk about music and art all day. As one who has read at a collegiate level since age 12 I enjoy discussing story, dialogue and character development as well. I am also heavily into role playing. As one who made ends meet with a day job in corporate sales, I've earned the right to not give a shit about money any longer. I honestly think this is the wrong place for financial discussions because none of us has a dog in that fight. It is your business, not ours.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:oops:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I actually made two passes through the current available files last night. I'm not quite sure of what to make of the story at this point so I plan to try again, making some different choices each time. But, at present, it seems like some quest tasks are scripted to fail no matter what choices the MC makes. Not a fan of being set up to fail, my friend. I will take a closer look, try all available options and send you a PM afterward with detailed notes and commentary. Pretty sure a good bit of what I have to say is not proper forum banter.

Also of note, do you honestly think a pirate site where ALL of us pirates are here for the free games really have any concern over or business knowing about your finances and financial concerns??? I cannot speak for everyone here but I find the entire money conversation in poor taste, my friend. I am exceedingly poor due to only receiving a tiny disability "benefit" each month. That is as far as I will discuss my own poverty. Talk to other devs about game finances. Morgan Freeman stated my opinion of financial discussions most eloquently...

As a retired professional musician I will talk about music and art all day. As one who made ends meet with a day job in corporate sales, I've earned the right to not give a shit about money any longer. I honestly think this is the wrong place for financial discussions because none of us has a dog in that fight. It is your business, not ours.

Always love to get me some Raw Phat! hehehe:cool: I've played the first two chapters through a couple of times. There is a way to succeed in all cases except the initial attack on the castle which has to happen to start the story. Heheh You know I'd never set you up to fail, Phat. (y)

Reactions: PapaPhat

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

The big names of the business were a thing here before Steam. Summertime Saga, BaDIK and so on. You have to learn how to walk before you can run. We're just two updates in and you're thinking about being the next big thing in the market.
I mean hold your horses because popularity is not math here. Many devs abondoned their games after a couple of updates because they though they weren't earning enough.

Reactions: Abhai and motseer

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Always love to get me some Raw Phat! hehehe:cool: I've played the first two chapters through a couple of times. There is a way to succeed in all cases except the initial attack on the castle which has to happen to start the story. Heheh You know I'd never set you up to fail, Phat. (y)
So then, how do I rescue Gwen? Haven't found a way to do that yet. Thanks brother. :)

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

As a retired professional musician I will talk about music and art all day. As one who has read at a collegiate level since age 12 I enjoy discussing story, dialogue and character development as well. I am also heavily into role playing. As one who made ends meet with a day job in corporate sales, I've earned the right to not give a shit about money any longer. I honestly think this is the wrong place for financial discussions because none of us has a dog in that fight. It is your business, not ours.

Absolutely agreed on all accounts,
Part of the changes made with the next update is the removal of the "quest system" and just let you enjoy the story.
I had an idea about the journal, but its just not relevant for the prologue and season one. Later on I'll use the art for the story cinematics or trailer, but the journal is out.

The whole idea that you can't save the family clashes with me wanting the prince to be more selfish.
So instead I added dialogue, that shows that side of him, more cowardly more selfish.

and it's part of the reason I suggested to replay after the next update.

also it seems that my updates are about 2-3x larger then other creators, which is going to change in the next season,
I'll try to release every mission as its own episode, so instead of making the season 4 episodes, it will be 8, and each will be shorter, but still fulfilling. as in 1 adventure, 1 date, and 1 night romance option.

And you're also right about the finance.

Ragnar you're also right, keep in mind that I've been doing games for the past +15 years, and ran projects much larger then this one, so my views are a little different then others, but more similar to Oppai-man (Freshwomen) who also worked in the industry for a long time before publishing his first game. With that said, I totally agree that things take time.

Last edited:

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

Hey Squires!

The last poll was yet another great success, we found our fantasy girl’s outfit and Lilith has never looked sexier. Now we want to find her most attractive skin color for our fantasy game thumbnail art! As you know, demons can have a wide range of skin tone from very pale, to very red and even some blue in between. Let’s see which you find most alluring.

She needs to be sexy, alluring, interesting, inviting, and mysterious.

Lilith Rising is a fantasy adult Visual Novel (VN) where you play as a prince who has his life turned upside down when a demon worshiping cult takes over his land, forcing him out of his castle and leaving his betrothed princess to a life of exile.

On your adventures, you will meet the most intriguing companions and learn what it means to be a leader in order to save your kingdom; and if you play your cards right maybe even find some romance.

A fun fantasy adventure, filled with humor, drama, epic battles, mystery and lots of sex!
Select the most attractive skin color for Lilith:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

Hey Squires!

The last poll was yet another great success, we found our fantasy girl’s outfit and Lilith has never looked sexier. Now we want to find her most attractive skin color for our fantasy game thumbnail art! As you know, demons can have a wide range of skin tone from very pale, to very red and even some blue in between. Let’s see which you find most alluring.

She needs to be sexy, alluring, interesting, inviting, and mysterious.

Select the most attractive skin color for Lilith:

For me it's a toss up between 1. and 15.

• Thinking Face

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
For me it's a toss up between 1. and 15.
One is too pale, like powdered sugar white. I had voted 14 but will change my vote to 15 if you vote 15 it should put 15 tied for 1st place at present. Cast your vote. It's free! :)

PS: changed to 15, go vote! The other leader is 9 which has a greenish tint to it. Not a fan! Help!

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
One is too pale, like powdered sugar white. I had voted 14 but will change my vote to 15 if you vote 15 it should put 15 tied for 1st place at present. Cast your vote. It's free! :)

PS: changed to 15, go vote! The other leader is 9 which has a greenish tint to it. Not a fan! Help!
I voted for 15 but I don't think it took my vote... I got sent to a sign in page.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes