slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I’ve toyed with the idea to add slides for what happens in the future with each companion according to your choices but I’ll have see.
Ah, the good ol' Fallout style slideshow approach. I'm all for it since it provides some nice closure to a story without completely removing the potential for future stories to be told in the same world.

Okay!But I have to say to say to you that having tropes like these give the game a big boost . It would be better,more epic,more enjoyble,more loveable. I dont know if you have it on your mind to do it in the future and if it fits in this game of yours, but for me I would love to see every game I play with these chliche tropes.And I dont think I'm the only one.Just imagine the game with your storyline as it is plus all these tropes I described to you. I love that to whichever VN, when it happens. It just adds a different tone,flavor.
This ultimately depends on the initial tone set by the author. Some stories are designed around deep romances and marriage (i.e. Love of Magic, Yesterday's Crossroads, Price of Power, etc.). Other stories are suited towards less committed, but equally intimate romances which flow better in action oriented narratives (i.e. ME Trilogy, Dragon Age, The Witcher Trilogy, etc.). Trying to incorporate marriage or pregnancy into stories which revolve around action introduce unnecessary complications by having to account for the completely unique dynamics of having a spouse or carrying a child. It breaks up the story in such a way that pacing is thrown out the window for plot elements that few in the audience care for.

I'm a massive sucker for heavy romances and extreme intimacy, but the tone already established by Joubei makes implementation of such plot elements difficult. However, that's not to say we can't see them implemented in the end slideshow where we get a glimpse of the future and witness the consequences of our actions during the story. I'd absolutely love for that to be the case as it gives me closure for the story.

lepoutanol

May 10, 2023
Ah, the good ol' Fallout style slideshow approach. I'm all for it since it provides some nice closure to a story without completely removing the potential for future stories to be told in the same world.

This ultimately depends on the initial tone set by the author. Some stories are designed around deep romances and marriage (i.e. Love of Magic, Yesterday's Crossroads, Price of Power, etc.). Other stories are suited towards less committed, but equally intimate romances which flow better in action oriented narratives (i.e. ME Trilogy, Dragon Age, The Witcher Trilogy, etc.). Trying to incorporate marriage or pregnancy into stories which revolve around action introduce unnecessary complications by having to account for the completely unique dynamics of having a spouse or carrying a child. It breaks up the story in such a way that pacing is thrown out the window for plot elements that few in the audience care for.

I'm a massive sucker for heavy romances and extreme intimacy, but the tone already established by Joubei makes implementation of such plot elements difficult. However, that's not to say we can't see them implemented in the end slideshow where we get a glimpse of the future and witness the consequences of our actions during the story. I'd absolutely love for that to be the case as it gives me closure for the story.
Agree 100%! I don't care if it has pregnacy.I just want the game continues like this,because Joubei has done a godlike job so far!But also I want to have these epic romances stories paths with dates and all that with every girl and hopefully marriage paths with each girl again. I know for this game this can be difficult,but I really hope Joubei has it in his plans or if not I just hope he will consider it ,because imo it's a great addition!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: motseer

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Agree 100%! I don't care if it has pregnacy.I just want the game continues like this,because Joubei has done a godlike job so far!But also I want to have these epic romances stories paths with dates and all that with every girl and hopefully marriage paths with each girl again. I know for this game this can be difficult,but I really hope Joubei has it in his plans or if not I just hope he will consider it ,because imo it's a great addition!
this honestly sound like an idea for a spin-off or a sequel...

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Agree 100%! I don't care if it has pregnacy.I just want the game continues like this,because Joubei has done a godlike job so far!But also I want to have these epic romances stories paths with dates and all that with every girl and hopefully marriage paths with each girl again. I know for this game this can be difficult,but I really hope Joubei has it in his plans or if not I just hope he will consider it as a great addition!
Well... maybe ONE round belly wouldn't hurt... a ways down the road.:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Joubei

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Finally:

Also I've updated the trailer:
Awesome! I've wish listed it. Oh, and BTW, you have the Chinese language video on that link.

English version:

I don't know if they are listed differently as far as Steam goes though. Just in case.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Awesome! I've wish listed it. Oh, and BTW, you have the Chinese language video on that link.

English version:

I don't know if they are listed differently as far as Steam goes though. Just in case.
1686842143984.png

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
Which other games, and how do you mean?

If you’re comparing the trailer, to the game I suggest you wait until the next update is out as these are not in game yet.
Trailer is made with all new content.
I'm talking about the images on the 1st page, several of these scenes are not present in the current version.
As for the sex scene, I find them average compared to other DAZ games.
On the other hand the environment and the story are very good, reminds me of the Witcher

• Red Heart
Reactions: motseer and Joubei

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I'm talking about the images on the 1st page, several of these scenes are not present in the current version.
On the other hand the environment and the story are very good, reminds me of the Witcher
First it’s been me of my great inspirations,
Second the next episode will have all the upgraded animations and scenes,
These new screenshots are from the steam page so I just updated them.
Ep3 will be public very soon.

In the mean time you can wishlist on steam (link in my sig).

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Pick any title on this site... Now, go back to that dev's first title... Now, go back to that title's prologue and first chapter... Now, tell me they are better... at anything... writing... story... characterization... posing... graphic quality... animation...anything... Get my point? Compare apples to apples. Jus' Sayin' :cool:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Pick any title on this site... Now, go back to that dev's first title... Now, go back to that title's prologue and first chapter... Now, tell me they are better... at anything... writing... story... characterization... posing... graphic quality... animation...anything... Get my point? Compare apples to apples. Jus' Sayin' :cool:
I understand what you are trying to say, but that isn't as good argument as you think it is. Not trying to bash Joubei, I think they do an excellent job for a new dev (or any dev really). But I can, on top of my head, mention three new games* from new devs released within a month that are excellent in all aspects.

EDIT: My point here isn't about which game is better. My point is that there are many games from new devs with excellent first releases.

* For those interested, the games I refer to are: The Artist, New Antioch and Strangers on Paper

Last edited:

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I understand what you are trying to say, but that isn't as good argument as you think it is. Not trying to bash Joubei, I think they do an excellent job for a new dev (or any dev really). But I can, on top of my head, mention three new games* from new devs released within a month that are excellent in all aspects.

* For those interested, the games I refer to are: The Artist, New Antioch and Strangers on Paper
That's where you guys come in, and try to be more specific, the more feedback I get, the better I can polish the game, and make it awesome!

Also keep in mind I'm working on a lateral priority pipeline:
1. Story + images + code
2. Animations
3. Music and sfx
4. Relationship meters
5. Branching stories
6. Voice overs

The idea is to deliver the story first, but next update we'll have all the animations upgrades, and most of the art, so it will be quite the upgrade, similar to the upgrade from ep1 to ep2.

One of the pitfalls of some new devs is being too perfectionist and that's why some get stuck on the first level then just abandon their projects.

at any rate - hope this clears things out.

and if you have examples or specific things how to make our game better - well - that's why were here in f95

(loud whisper)
:love:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

EDIT: My point here isn't about which game is better. My point is that there are many games from new devs with excellent first releases.

Well... first, my argument, in fact, is every bit as good as I think it is... I am, after all, a legend in my own mind! :p Seriously, though, you are absolutely correct. There are quite a few new dev's who show great promise and real talent so, you could make the argument that this is average relative to those. But, those devs and this one are probably in the top 10% of all new devs which makes them well above average IMHO. Again, Jus' Sayin'... (y) My original comment was only meant to level the playing field when comparing Joubei to the likes of Ocean and others. One should go back to when they were just starting out to be impartial. Anyway, I'm sure you and I agree that this is a great start and shows a lot of potential. I also love how willing Joubei is to hear and consider constructive feedback!

Reactions: bacienvu88

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Well... first, my argument, in fact, is every bit as good as I think it is... I am, after all, a legend in my own mind! :p Seriously, though, you are absolutely correct. There are quite a few new dev's who show great promise and real talent so, you could make the argument that this is average relative to those. But, those devs and this one are probably in the top 10% of all new devs which makes them well above average IMHO. Again, Jus' Sayin'... (y) My original comment was only meant to level the playing field when comparing Joubei to the likes of Ocean and others. One should go back to when they were just starting out to be impartial. Anyway, I'm sure you and I agree that this is a great start and shows a lot of potential. I also love how willing Joubei is to hear and consider constructive feedback!
Don't tell anyone but I really like Ocean's renders... but that's it ;) rest is... ok...
Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
But everyone is trying to get better every day, and it's a never ending thing.

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
I can cite several without problem but I will not.
I'll see how the game continues, but it's a great game nonetheless.
The church bell has no sound lol.
I am French and average was perhaps not the right word to describe the sex scenes of the game, These are good scenes but for exemple, that of the viking girl miss of lacked animation and a distant camera shot, moreover it is quite short time.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes