Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
Hearing you guys talk about Innoxia's code made me think her code is horrendous in some way, but looking at it now it looks pretty normal to me. Like, okay, there's that check every turn if prologue is finished or nullchecks with typechecks for characters, but those aren't the reason for major lagging. They are a sign of bad structure as you want your variables to be of proper type when you pass them, not check them for their type after they are passed into somewhere.

Game class with all those IsPlotDiscovered and IsPrologueFinished is bad to look at, but it shouldn't cause any lags, it's just a generally hard to maintain code, performance isn't affected. endTurn method there does a lot of things, but it's the same thing as for that whole 4k lines long class. MainController is worse look-wise, and I think most of the bugs come from being lost in here. EventListeners called from there check by string comparison, now that's a way to start lagging. RenderingEngine is the worst. There's a lot of StringBuilder optimisation all over the place, though.

It's from rebuilding whole interface and all text every button press, isn't it? Does Java have coroutines? I don't think I saw any sign of delayed loading of text/icons when I played, it's all simultaneous. Pretty sure that's the main reason, StringBuilder is great and all that, but it's still a lot of memory juggling, when you do this kind of rebuilding whole screen it's just faster to split execution into multiple frames.

Reactions: icollectsouls

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Get a bunch of slaves optimized for various jobs and you'll start to notice lag on every ingame hour tick, from it processing everything.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
For some, "next update when it's ready" is good and all, for other, if they don't have a schedule or something similar, they become lazy.
Is Inno one of those people that become "lazy" without a schedule? I don't know. All I know is that trying to stick to one has been a futile task for well over a year now, with constant delays and delays for delays. Having a schedule doesn't means jack if she can't even -at least- abide by what she set for herself. I mean, what's the point then? I guess that's the problem when you work for herself and don't have a superior keeping tabs on you.

Think of it this way - you have a week to deliver results, manage your time and tasks accordingly and prepare yourself to release an incomplete version if necessary... but at least make the updates consistent. Alternatively, accept the fact you cannot deliver at the pace you want to and take a more deliberate pace. Using tight schedules as an "incentive" is a short way of burning yourself out sooner rather than later. The stress piles up, sleeping schedule gets screwed and your health deteriorates. It has happened to Inno before and it can happen again.

Also, I find that people tend to be a lot less salty when Inno doesn't set a fixed date. I know these -should- be treated as estimations but what really happens is that it creates expectations in folks, specially those who are new to the game and don't know her "track record". Don't give out dates, make it vague, and people will have less reasons to complain. I understand that some delays are inevitable, that shit happens, but 5 of them in a row is just bad. Doesn't matter if it's a solo indie developer or AAA company using a shitty home-brew version of X engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiasung

Minolin

Jul 31, 2018
3.5.4 Is fucked. After day 51 I can't continue, a game ruining bug takes place.
There's the two shops bug that you can't enter.
That shop at the mall doesn't work either, northeast with the crates.
And the harpy encounters in the nest are bugged.
Does anyone know if I can rollback to 3.5.1 but keep my saves? I wouldn't want to restart.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
You'd be better off either starting fresh with 3.5.1 or waiting for the coming 3.5.5 (apparently tomorrow or Monday, though when that will actually be is anyone's guess, I'd personally prefer if Inno did proper bugtesting and clean releases over arbitrary incremental releases with 3+ bugfix releases).

[rant] BTW, all of those bugs you mentioned have been posted, here Github and Discord, multiple times. [/rant]

Reactions: regicide123

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
eech solved i dont see button for leave but its still here
That's a documented bug that came with 3.5.4 or whatever the hell we're on. You're better off just waiting for the update to come out and for some kind soul to build it and post it here, with that bug and the harpy encounter bug fixed. If you really can't wait, I suggest getting 3.5 or whatever the last public release was, as this current release is buggier than an entomologist.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
The last public release was 3.5.1 which was fairly stable. We're currently waiting for 3.5.5 which will be a backers release, though someone will probably upload it here. The next public release will be 3.6

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
◑﹏◐
Innoxia said:
17 DEC 05:48

I'm so sorry, but yet again I find myself not quite having this version in a state ready for release...

I'm very close to having it ready for the preview, but there are still some bugs that I need to fix, and the routes through Axel's quest need to be tested (there are two main ways of completing his quest, as well as two in-depth loss routes). I wish I'd kept this content as relatively simple as I had it in my original plan (with just one main route and a minor loss route), but hopefully once this is all done, it will have been worth the wait...

Anyway, I will make a post here on SubscribeStar to let you know what's left for me to do every evening until the preview is ready, which really shouldn't be more than one or two days. I'm going to keep as close to my (most recent) plan as possible, and will get this preview out asap and then the polished public release out very soon after that. Again, I really am so sorry about these never-ending delays; it really won't be long now!

Reactions: e-disfunction

HJRQ

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, I just discovered that game, and spent the last two days playing it. I love it. It is quite unstable and buggy, but the story is great, and the execution shows a great attention to details (besides bug hunting).

Is there a way to circumvent the bugs in the shops, where you can buy clothes or weapons but not exit the shops with them?

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Hi, I just discovered that game, and spent the last two days playing it. I love it. It is quite unstable and buggy, but the story is great, and the execution shows a great attention to details (besides bug hunting).

Is there a way to circumvent the bugs in the shops, where you can buy clothes or weapons but not exit the shops with them?
Bring a friend (you can add all kinds of people to your party - slaves, random muggers you befriended, your kids... ).
Note though that the version on here is exceptionally buggy and may occasionally corrupt saves. So save in multiple files and maybe hold off on doing any serious grinding or such until the next update.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
For all the people asking for a 3.5.1 download link.. that's available to the public on the . Both a Mega link and a Google Drive link.
Instead of having to play only part of what's available, or wait for the next release.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Just for character portraits I believe. Haven't played in ages so there might have been some expansion on them, but I haven't seen anything of the sort in patch notes nor heard any such changes being discussed.

Reactions: e-disfunction
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes