Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Innoxia said:
18 Dec 05:29

Hello again!

This is just a small post to let you know that I got all of what I consider to be 'critical' bugs sorted out today, and also made more progress towards getting Vengar's content finished. I just have a few more sections to finish off, which will hopefully be done either tomorrow or the day after.

I'll make another post tomorrow evening to let you know how much is left to do before the preview release. At the time of this post, it's:
1. Test all fight scenes (there are a couple of issues with the combat behaviour of Vengar's bodyguards which need sorting out).
2. Test randomly-spawned guard loss route (I may have to slightly tweak some parts of this).
3. Test Vengar/bodyguards loss route.
4. Add a few post-quest scenes for the unique NPCs involved in this quest.
Can't wait to see the Vengar content! ^0^

A.H.

Jul 8, 2017
Once we were waiting for a new version for half a year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i think we should leave it and come back 20 years later and finally get v.0.4
every dev is like this tbh, they start by saying i'm working 24/7 nonestop and they do
but when they taste the sweetness of money they collapse and the "i'm working 24/7 nonestop" thing stays as it is but they stop caring and thinking about an excuse, thinking that the money stays as it is and they just have to release update when they feel like it.
ladies and gentlemen this is why there are so many abandoned gems out there.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
i think we should leave it and come back 20 years later and finally get v.0.4
every dev is like this tbh, they start by saying i'm working 24/7 nonestop and they do
but when they taste the sweetness of money they collapse and the "i'm working 24/7 nonestop" thing stays as it is but they stop caring and thinking about an excuse, thinking that the money stays as it is and they just have to release update when they feel like it.
ladies and gentlemen this is why there are so many abandoned gems out there.
Yes but maybe no. Arguably Atari's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial game was complete when shipped ... ;) Every dev has their own needs & priorities.

A.H.

Jul 8, 2017
Yes but maybe no. Arguably Atari's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial game was complete when shipped ... ;) Every dev has their own needs & priorities.
not all of the devs are like i said i've seen devs who care about their games and their supporters
and i'm not saying they should work their arse off working on the game
what i'm trying to say is that they should care more and this is my opinion i'm not forcing it to others.
i don't have the rights to criticize the dev bcs i didn't spend any money on this project, but i'm just sad about their supporters,
giving your money away and receiving nothing is better than spending your money to something that u won't even get in time.

i don't know this dev so i don't know anything about their life, but i hope they have a great life without any problems.
sorry if i'm not right but i think they should really care more.

Reactions: e-disfunction

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
not all of the devs are like i said i've seen devs who care about their games and their supporters
and i'm not saying they should work their arse off working on the game
what i'm trying to say is that they should care more and this is my opinion i'm not forcing it to others.
i don't have the rights to criticize the dev bcs i didn't spend any money on this project, but i'm just sad about their supporters,
giving your money away and receiving nothing is better than spending your money to something that u won't even get in time.

i don't know this dev so i don't know anything about their life, but i hope they have a great life without any problems.
sorry if i'm not right but i think they should really care more.
People who proudly proclaim to not even know a dev should really refrain from making definitive declarations on how much she cares :rolleyes:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
People who proudly proclaim to not even know a dev should really refrain from making definitive declarations on how much she cares :rolleyes:
Yeah. Could actually be she cared too much, sometimes you just have to say 'no' to people.

As a coder myself, I get WAY more of a feeling she let the project get away from them with complexity. Coded themselves into a corner as it were, because you could imagine the complaints if they tried to streamline it now. I've seen this one from the start and it's grown in scope so much.

Now if it was just your usual Renpy VN with pictures, then a change in update speed could be troubling, why should production speed change if it's just X number of pictures monthly (no other changes). And a months new set of pictures doesn't effect all the prior ones.
But adding in more and more combat mechanics, clothing, transformations with each effecting each other and all the prior code in your own custom game engine... doesn't surprise me a bit things have slowed down and become a problem. So comparing game development issues without making any distinction between the games being made is pretty pointless.

regicide123

May 3, 2019
Hi, I just discovered that game, and spent the last two days playing it. I love it. It is quite unstable and buggy, but the story is great, and the execution shows a great attention to details (besides bug hunting).

Is there a way to circumvent the bugs in the shops, where you can buy clothes or weapons but not exit the shops with them?
You cannot click on the buttons which don't show up, but you can still press the keys which count as pressing that button. I've changed up my keys so I can't tell you what the default key is but the key you press to leave the shop is the last key in the bottom right of the set of controls. Press that key once and then you can use [wasd] or arrow keys to move out of the shop.

Reactions: e-disfunction

Tiasung

Jul 30, 2018
The way of circumventing those bugs is by playing a previous version (0351) that for some stupid reason isn't listed in the OP. If people are going to share WIP preview builds, then the last previous working build should atleast be linked as well..

Simply pressing the right buttons will help with the shop bug, but it will not help with the gamebreaking bugs later on. (like being unable to enter your room, or the entire interface freezing)

For anyone that is only at the shop, I strongly advise getting that version of the game (its linked in the last few pages) and restarting. You dont want to deal with the headache later on.

FiveThirtyGrazeIt

Jul 19, 2018
Yeah so, I don't actually know if this has already been reported/ is known by the dev, but I got a pretty annoying bug. After you enter submission, and get the quest to go find some slimes and question them, for whatever reason, you cannot actually fight anything but slimes. This is obviously a problem because moving around the tunnels, if you encounter anything but a slime, you get locked in the "Assault!" window. If it's a bat-morph, an imp, a rat-morph, a croc, or even a normal person, you cannot fight/offer money/ offer body to them. Period.

I got around the shop bug, which by default you can just press enter or space to exit, but these scenes don't have anyway to exit them (I've literally tried mashing everything.) I also tried reinstalling to no avail. For obvious reasons this makes, what seems to be, a very large space unplayable because you have to save scum and roll the dice ever time you enter an area because you have no idea if you're gonna run into a slime, or something that you can't interact with. Also it's weird because in the overworld (dominion) I can, and actively do, mug a bunch of random npcs with no trouble whatsoever, but the moment I enter submission, it's game-over.

Outside of this bug (which seems to be game breaking, and unfortunate..) the game is pretty good, in as far as a text-based game can be. I mean the furry stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I turned it way down/off and it works pretty well. It's fun, engaging, and has proper button mapping, which many "games" of this nature simply lack or overlook. You can actually play large portions without having to use your mouse at all, which is nice. The sex-scenes are completely interactable, which is awesome, and let's you switch positions, touch/kiss/fuck/suck whatever part of the body, and even some more extreme options! Again, outside of the aforementioned bug, game is pretty A1!

LordBalkara

Oct 31, 2017
The way of circumventing those bugs is by playing a previous version (0351) that for some stupid reason isn't listed in the OP. If people are going to share WIP preview builds, then the last previous working build should atleast be linked as well..

Simply pressing the right buttons will help with the shop bug, but it will not help with the gamebreaking bugs later on. (like being unable to enter your room, or the entire interface freezing)

For anyone that is only at the shop, I strongly advise getting that version of the game (its linked in the last few pages) and restarting. You dont want to deal with the headache later on.
So speaking in common game dev terms, 0.3.5.4 is like the Unstable Version, while 0.3.5.1 is the Stable Version?
In that case I definitely think both should be up there, so players can choose between them. I'm sure some would rather play the most up-to-date version, even if it means suffering bugs, while others would prefer stability.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
I'd just wait to mess with the OP, there should be another preview release after the weekend. But if you want to play now, you can always go to the dev's blog and download 0.3.5.1 from there directly. There's a reason 0.3.5.4 isn't on it.

Reactions: Shilou

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
So speaking in common game dev terms, 0.3.5.4 is like the Unstable Version, while 0.3.5.1 is the Stable Version?
In that case I definitely think both should be up there, so players can choose between them. I'm sure some would rather play the most up-to-date version, even if it means suffering bugs, while others would prefer stability.
This is the first time I've seen that the preview version was pretty much broken. Usually the preview versions have some bugs, but not to the extent of v0.3.5.4. A new preview release should be out soon. Inno has been working out some bugs in Axel/Vengar content.

Ulises233

Jun 16, 2018
I've changed up my keys so I can't tell you what the default key is but the key you press to leave the shop is the last key in the bottom right of the set of controls. Press that key once and then you can use [wasd] or arrow keys to move out of the shop.
Ctrl + 5 to exit in standart cofig. 1-5 for first row buttons, SHIFT + 1-5 for second row and Ctrl + 1-5 for the third.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I built the test release 0.3.5.7 (Java 1.8.0_192 x64):

Have not played myself, so IDK how buggy it might be.
Thanks for the upload, but given how buggy the last preview build was, I'll wait till the public build. :)

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
I built the test release 0.3.5.7 (Java 1.8.0_192 x64):

Have not played myself, so IDK how buggy it might be.
She said in her post that this release was mainly to preview the Axel/Vengar content. I'm assuming some of the game breaking bugs have been fixed. I'll upload the official versions from her with the changelog in a bit :]

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes