Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Damn, tried a “Virgin” run in Lilin Mode and still can’t do shit with the Imps capping my lust meter in a turn or two Not to mention the Enforcers who are like imps in steriods xD Ah... give me more story stuff! :KEK:

HornyJail420

Aug 4, 2017
"Companion content is now locked behind a toggle in gameplay options, and is disabled by default. No further support for companions will be added going forwards, as accounting for companion variations, both in the writing and dialogue framework, was taking a huge amount of time and slowing down the pace of the game's development too much. "

This has to be a joke at this point. THAT slows development? But the tail size of some deers, fucking enforcer uniforms (for 2 consecutive updates that's the main focus ffs!) or the oral orifice not stretching enough didn't? God fucking dammit, all the other times I could read the changelog with a certain chuckle and chill, but this is almost infuriatingly stupid.
Enforcer uniforms were made by DSG, not Innoxia.

And surprisingly enough, Sir McWanker, writing 5 times the same dialogues with variations take more time than adjusting a number and adding a condition in the code, yes.

Reactions: onyxmoose

sirspazz21

Jun 16, 2017
Honestly i dont think people would mind if instead of focusing on such nitty gritty things, that work was done to gameplay or story elements. Maybe take that time to work and flush out companions instead of padding?

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
I like the update. The enforcer encounter is cool. You get more enforcer gear to steal, and the new sets are nice in that some of them only take up two slots. They're also a way to deal with encounters you can't beat, and they will enslave that mugger for you if you have a slaver's licence. You don't even need to enchant an item to enslave them. Nice!

If we get more of that content in exchange for losing companions, then I'll... accept it. Not gonna lie, the companion interactions are a main draw of the game for me, and I'm very unhappy to see them gone. But Inno also promised more slave and guest interactions in the manor, so who knows how that will turn out.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Enforcer uniforms were made by DSG, not Innoxia.

And surprisingly enough, Sir McWanker, writing 5 times the same dialogues with variations take more time than adjusting a number and adding a condition in the code, yes.
Writing the same dialogues 5 times is just copy&pasting one dialogue 4 times and replacing 'watery' with 'fiery' etc. Of all the things to slow down the development (which was more my point than the individual changes, MrNameCaller), that's on the 'little to no work at all' list as well..
Also I'm very much aware that Innox didn't make the uniforms - but that's exactly the reason why the decision that companions won't be developed further is so baffling. For outright nonsense (like the uniforms but also the other things that you just glossed over..) someone comes around - but for a mechanic that's been in the game since forever there isn't?

Yes, quadrupling the number of variations you have to write for Every. Single. Scene. in the game has a bit more impact on development than changing 1 variable or copy-pasting some files a huge uniform nerd gave you. Who would have thought ... :FacePalm:
Not every single scene needs much addition from the companion, and if it's just a check 'companion present if yes add line "what he said", said my <companion type> companion." Again, the different types of companion don't even need to be addressed and if, it can be kept short. One word difference.
Also again, the uniform as a single issue is not my point. No fucking content for MONTHS while adding or changing nonsentical stuff is my point. Giving up on a core feature out of pure laziness is my point. But sure, can't expect a dev to actually do some work on what was already promised - anything but copypasting others work is apparently 'too much'.
Bullshit.

Aramitz

Jul 2, 2018
Innoxia hasn't released a proper story/gameplay update in like 18 months.
Stop expecting great releases to happen, you're only gonna hurt yourself. Play it as a nice little sandboxy sidegame, check for updates every now and then, and it'll be better. At some point, you cannot fool yourself with comments like "but this game has potential !" anymore; you're only hurting yourself.
And, alternatively, stop paying her a comfy full time salary for something that keeps her busy 20% of a normal work week, if money is an issue.

Aknar

Jan 10, 2018
Kind of sad you can't get caught if you keep going with Claire, kind of would have been expected imo.

HornyJail420

Aug 4, 2017
Writing the same dialogues 5 times is just copy&pasting one dialogue 4 times and replacing 'watery' with 'fiery' etc. Of all the things to slow down the development (which was more my point than the individual changes, MrNameCaller), that's on the 'little to no work at all' list as well..
Also I'm very much aware that Innox didn't make the uniforms - but that's exactly the reason why the decision that companions won't be developed further is so baffling. For outright nonsense (like the uniforms but also the other things that you just glossed over..) someone comes around - but for a mechanic that's been in the game since forever there isn't?
What can I say? You clearly are knowledgeable of how the game is coded and should take the reins of it :^)
Also, the mechanic that "has been in the game since forever" was originally a pull request from Irbynx, one of the volunteer coder in the community. Not Innoxia's idea, she didn't originally plan to have all this and failed to analyze the whole thing and see whether or not it would be good on the long run.

Side note : Companions are still available for battle purposes for those who are having a hard time on higher difficulties, it's just scenes that will no longer include them.

No fucking content for MONTHS
Ah yes, the classical "Everything I'm not into isn't actual content" because it's just plainly wrong
Define "months", that's too vague, because in the recent updates there has at least been :

- Helena romance quest
- Helena post-quest dating content
- Natalya content
- Enforcer encounters

Though it's undeniable content has been slow this year and that there hasn't been any progress on the main quest, yeah, it's annoying. But it's just wrong to say there's been "no content for months".

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
I like this game, have liked it for years and not sure why people expect content to be shoe horned in just cus people are kind and giving money to them

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I like this game, have liked it for years and not sure why people expect content to be shoe horned in just cus people are kind and giving money to them
It's the expectation that comes with giving money to people. Some people believe that developers should use donations productively, especially if said donations are what allow them to treat their hobbies as full-time jobs (as is the case here). Developers like Inno are basically "privileged" because they can work from home, make up their own schedules, and have no boss to answer to besides themselves. And they still make more money than most people who work "ordinary", crappy jobs. They're living a good life, therefore, they should also have greater responsibilities to justify what they earn. (Though what some people really mean is "use this money to make things -I- personally find productive or like").

Some people donate because they are truly generous, others because they expect something in return. For a lot of folks money and favors come with a catch, like giving cash to a homeless individual but telling them not to waste it on booze. Your "generosity" comes with a condition, so you don't feel like it was "wasted". The skeptic in me says most people donate, not because they care or are generous, but because they want to feel good about themselves, look good in front of their family and friends, or are expecting some kind of "good karma" in return. This is selfishness posing as generosity IMO.

But I'm going too deep for nothing... Basically, everyone thinks differently. Just because you have little to no expectations doesn't mean others will feel the same. Everyone has their reasons for thinking the way they do... and for donating.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Its like you going for fast food and you order a fries but then when you get your order its onion rings do you go and complain that they messed your order or deal with, giving money to a dev to help them make a game you enjoy but after so long for story updates people see this as its not going for what we are paying for and they get mad and complain to a dev that doesn't listen to anything.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
Inno announced a big update/announcement on the 15th. And she's basically finishing the last things she promised to do before advancing the story. So if you're not paying for her Subscribestar, I wonder why you would abandon the game now of all times, when actual progress seems to be right around the corner.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
how do you even get the enforcer encounter? literally walk around alleyways for a 1/100 event?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
how do you even get the enforcer encounter? literally walk around alleyways for a 1/100 event?
1/50, but yes, for now. There'll probably be some easy/reliable way to access them for the next full release though.

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
Its like you going for fast food and you order a fries but then when you get your order its onion rings do you go and complain that they messed your order or deal with, giving money to a dev to help them make a game you enjoy but after so long for story updates people see this as its not going for what we are paying for and they get mad and complain to a dev that doesn't listen to anything.
But it like complaining about the onion rings while theres been like 3 years of wrong orders and missed targets, also you get those onion rings just for turning up as well. Do people really want conent with the core gameplay being of something like leave 2gether where it's like playing the game where all events or quest fire randomly, break each other and being forced into the stable hand content no matter what just so theres content Being pumped out each month?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes