e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
What exactly is necessary to alter considering whats already there? Her scenes literally just check your masc/feminity level and give a pass or fail and then proceed like a normal scene for the most part. There was even a version that didn't check if she was attracted to you or not and it didn't break anything.

Not to mention lore-wise her changing her orientation back is pretty weird. Considering how Arthur seems to be the first person to ever try doing it.
To be fair, every version of L.T. I've seen has always had at least 1 warning very near the beginning of the game stating that the game is in alpaha/testing states and anything might change in future versions. (y)

(Also, I've tried changing Scarlett a few times over the last year. I gave up around v0.3.4 figuring that she was protected by plot armour.)

e-d :)

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
unique interactions with NPCs mean that Fetishes (and other personality traits) need to be "locked". What I do hope the other side of this will be is access to more varied unique NPCs as development progresses.
More varied unique NPCs would be great, but a large part of the enjoyment of a transformation game comes from transforming characters. That's exactly why Scarlett is not interchangeable with any other harpy; she has a far more fleshed-out personality, and the two of you have a history that a randomly generated NPC does not have, which is what makes transforming her far more satisfying and meaningful. IMO taking those things away is even worse than not providing them in the first place. This is yet another example of the game become wider in scope but shallower in depth.

IMO the smart way to handle this would've been to rewrite the earlier quest where you acquire her. Include a mention that the contract for her purchase includes a special clause prohibiting applying any transformations to her, make her impossible to transform, and boom, problem solved. At least for future playthroughs; it won't do much if you're on an old save where you've already transformed her, but that's what you get for bringing an old save into a new version of a game in development.

jimboinlimbo

Jul 12, 2019
Try developing a game like this and implementing that stuff. You'll see that eventually that kind of work just explodes in terms of time required the more variables you introduce. This game is already suffering from major scope creep as is.
I hate when people scream "M-make your own g-game then!" its just a scream of defeat since now you're asking randoms to make a new game because the one they're critiquing isn't going anywhere. Just admit that we will never leave the main city and that the dev is taking as much time as possible to do nothing to bank roll off the Patreons.

GC.png

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I hate when people scream "M-make your own g-game then!" its just a scream of defeat since now you're asking randoms to make a new game because the one they're critiquing isn't going anywhere. Just admit that we will never leave the main city and that the dev is taking as much time as possible to do nothing to bank roll off the Patreons.
Well, it's Subscribestar not Patreon, which might seem like a minor quibble, but it's indicative of just how uninformed your opinion is on this subject.

The stated plan for the game is for it to be an erotic RPG. That means a complete "campaign" where the player's decisions influence the emergent story. Once that is complete, the plan is to add side content almost indefinitely. The idea that Inno is drawing development of the main story out for monetary reasons is mistaken, since LT will become both a more profitable and a more stable source of income once development moves past v1.0.

Regardless, we're currently waiting on v0.3.9 (the completion of the Dominion content), whereupon we will see if Inno is serious about the development of this game.

EDIT: And just for the record, Pink Chaos' post did not come anywhere close to "screaming" at you. Screaming on an Interwebz forum looks more like:

''NOOO THINK ABOUT ALL THE WORK THE DEV WOULD HAVE TO DOOO!!!!"

Which, if memory serves, is what you did.

Last edited:

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
I hate when people scream "M-make your own g-game then!" its just a scream of defeat
Yes, it is, but that's why I love it.

LT will become both a more profitable and a more stable source of income once development moves past v1.0.
Based on what, my good sir? Based on what? Can you name one single comparable game for which that has been true? The only games I can think of for which that actually works are storyless creativity toys like Minecraft and Terraria, where everything is side content and v1.0 has no meaning, and Skyrim, which is getting re-released over and over.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I'll believe it when I see it.
And judging by the current pace of development, I'll be seeing it somewhere around 2035.
Well, as I said, in the next month or so we'll see whether or not it's the case. The content (unwisely, IMHO) promised to Inno's former Patrons is about to be tied up (v0.3.9). If after that point she's still tweaking things in Dominion and buggering around with mechanics that will have to be revisited later anyway instead of getting on with the actual game she claims to want to make, I'll have to revise my position.

All any of us have to be going on here is the stated intent of the dev, the example of games that have successfully followed a similar development path (I mentioned one that is chugging along quite well, making money every month for its devs) and the extent to which we believe Inno has a genuine intent to follow through with her promises. The first two are known quantities, the third ... as I said, we'll know for sure pretty soon. At the moment, the delays are explainable by Inno's lack of experience and competence.

My patience with Inno isn't inexhaustible; it just hasn't been exhausted yet. It's entirely possible, I suppose, that I'll be posting here in a month or so that I've revoked my subscription and will get back to Inno when she delivers a working Foloi Fields and town of Elis.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Well, as I said, in the next month or so we'll see whether or not it's the case.
:HideThePain:
LT has been in 0.3 for 2 years (and growing, the delay of 0.3.9 has been delayed, who knows what delays await the delays of other delays).
If it's going to take 6 more major builds to reach 1.0 that's 12 more years. 2020+12 = 2032. Sorry, I was off by 3 years I guess.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I'm not even saying that you should go and make a game or that only people who make games have a right to opinions. I'm saying that if you tried to make a game the way you're advocating, your work would never end. It's called scope creep and it's a major killer of games. I'll repeat that, again, Lilith's Throne suffers from a major case of scope creep. And if the game creator implemented those changes that you can make to major characters, it'd take even longer to get to more story stuff.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Just chipping in my two cents. As I mentioned sometime ago, dev claims it is their full-time job. For that reason only, the development progress is unacceptable. Then features get removed as they are "hassle to deal with" (companions), while there was no update even slightly touching it for ages. So it obviously didn't impede anything, it was just random, unexplained decision.
My take on this is the dev has absolutely no idea where to go with the game and is currently trying to hide it by doing silly, little, simple tweaks in existing mechanics.

I may be mistaken, and I really wish I am, but that is my current stance on state of things with LT.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Honestly it seems a combination of being constantly distracted with neat but small ideas and a need to perfect their own work. I'm not paying for it so I don't care, but I sort of sympathize, it's not easy.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Then features get removed as they are "hassle to deal with" (companions), while there was no update even slightly touching it for ages. So it obviously didn't impede anything, it was just random, unexplained decision.
You've got it backwards...
It's the companions that were touching everything else. All the encounters starting shortly before the Siren quest accounted for their presence. That's great attention to detail but simply not sustainable for a single dev even at imaginary critics fulltime, let alone normal fulltime.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not even saying that you should go and make a game or that only people who make games have a right to opinions. I'm saying that if you tried to make a game the way you're advocating, your work would never end. It's called scope creep and it's a major killer of games. I'll repeat that, again, Lilith's Throne suffers from a major case of scope creep. And if the game creator implemented those changes that you can make to major characters, it'd take even longer to get to more story stuff.
While I'll agree there's plenty of suggested changes that fall into that category, keeping Scarlett's changes while she's a slave is not one of them. Each character is its own object, there's nothing to account for here. For the helena questline its as simple as new Scarlett object = player companion, and then deleting the companion. There's also no story line need to account for fetishes here. You can't change scarlett's personality(This is one change I'd understand not implementing if it ever becomes a thing), she's going to act the same way regardless of what she wants sexually. Even haughty and bossy people can be submissive in the bedroom if you're worried about that being her fetish. If they do something like making her hate oral or exhibitionism, disable the lunch oral scene. It's a simple check, and it's entirely on the player for making her like that and missing out on that content(Just like disabling anal also disables Vicky's scenes).

Nothing in her storyline would be broken by changing her orientation either.

Jul 5, 2018
I'm curious in character creation the speech traits mention "mute" as being mutually exclusive with them but that doesn't appear in character creation is that text just a placeholder or do you get it later on.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I'm curious in character creation the speech traits mention "mute" as being mutually exclusive with them but that doesn't appear in character creation is that text just a placeholder or do you get it later on.
It's NPC exclusive and the player isn't supposed to ever get it. This would be a nice opportunity for Innoxia to make gags and such receive special treatment during dialogue, in my opinion (by adding different scenes for when the player is unable to speak for whatever reason), but alas.

Jul 5, 2018
It's NPC exclusive and the player isn't supposed to ever get it. This would be a nice opportunity for Innoxia to make gags and such receive special treatment during dialogue, in my opinion (by adding different scenes for when the player is unable to speak for whatever reason), but alas.
I actually found that you can get in via the debug menu and it screws with sex scenes locking out options that require you to talk. I didn't test it during quests so IDK if it screws with those.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Anybody ever run into a problem with sex with high-affection characters (slaves or otherwise) suddenly deciding it's rape/resisting?
If you do something they hate or if you're too rough they will start resisting, high-affection or not, and that might end the sex if they have the power to do so.

Jul 13, 2017
That doesn't surprise me, this is like instantly after the first action (including doing nothing). Maxed out affection and obedience, and starting sex is all the positive flavor text and then immediately resisting pace and even if ended with no action, the full -200 affection.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes