Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Removing companions was a good call, and they were so barebones I don't know why any of you would even care about them. Companions basically require the creation of an entire game along with the base and they add too little. The development is extremely slow and most updates add meaningless things, I agree, but companions were meaningless and harmful to development.
Honestly, I only ever used Elementals as companions anyway. And even then only to get the "Doomguy/girl" perk by kicking the shit out of every Imp in Meraxis' fortress. I never got what all the fuss was about. You can still fuck or otherwise interact with your slaves, guests and offspring. Once you've done one, you've done them all.

What seems to be the plan going forward is to provide unique companion NPCs for particular quests (ie. Meraxis for the town of Elis), which is something that offers considerably more potential than endlessly repeating generic encounters.

drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020
Removing companions was a good call, and they were so barebones I don't know why any of you would even care about them. Companions basically require the creation of an entire game along with the base and they add too little. The development is extremely slow and most updates add meaningless things, I agree, but companions were meaningless and harmful to development.
Companions add a significant amount of fantasy/fetish content to the game.

The fact that development is slow and inept is because Innoxia is slow and inept and has no fucking idea what they are doing, and is not an excuse that should be defended for removal of content. They spend more time playing with the refactor button in Eclipse than they do anything else.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Companions add a significant amount of fantasy/fetish content to the game.
Like what? The only memorable things they added were a couple scenes based on some shallow prototype "NTR" with no consequences whatsoever. The potential might be good at best, but it adds too much work to be worth it.

The fact that development is slow and inept is because Innoxia is slow and inept and has no fucking idea what they are doing
Then there's no need to make it even harder for something with so little return.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Like what? The only memorable things they added were a couple scenes based on some shallow prototype "NTR" with no consequences whatsoever. The potential might be good at best, but it adds too much work to be worth it.
NTR and voyerism are one a part of it, yes, in a variety of forms. You could also have sex with them anywhere, including public places, which is another thing a lot of people fantasize about. You could use them for group sex. Now that it's just you, the variety of sexual encounters and situations is greatly diminished.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Good. Now there's hope for sex ever having anything unique to it and having actual consequences and depth.
I don't think those are mutually exclusive goals. As far as I know, the justification was that writing and coding new unique encounters with companions in mind was taking too long. Why not disable companions for those new unique encounters only? And leave the existing system for generic random encounters with companion support in place?

FireSauner0

Nov 15, 2018
Good. Now there's hope for sex ever having anything unique to it and having actual consequences and depth.
I don't exactly understand why in a sandbox game that's a good thing... (The reduced variety, not the lack of depth, which tbh I never expected from this game in the first place, while I did expect variety)

Reactions: alex2011

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I don't think those are mutually exclusive goals. As far as I know, the justification was that writing and coding new unique encounters with companions in mind was taking too long. Why not disable companions for those new unique encounters only? And leave the existing system for generic random encounters with companion support in place?
In a perfect world in which LT has a perfect dev, maybe, but that's not the case. They're not mutually exclusive, but one makes the other harder to come by significantly, you know it. Chances are even now we're getting shallow mechanics and meaningless tfs, but those chances are MUCH smaller now that adding 1 scene requires much less variables to keep track of.

I don't exactly understand why in a sandbox game that's a good thing... (The reduced variety, not the lack of depth, which tbh I never expected from this game in the first place, while I did expect variety)
That's exactly what I like in my RPGs as well, meaningless choices, irrelevant variety and no depth.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'd love to have a good companion system that takes background, personality, fetishes and tfs into account to create more unique companion with whom you can travel around and practice mischief, but that's not gonna happen at all. Not with Innoxia working alone or the way she has been working for as long as I keep up with LT. Cutting content like this (no depth, requires a lot of work, small gains for the time being) is a good thing. I'm pretty sure you're not the only ones that wanted to stay in the game, I'm sure a bunch of her supporters disliked the decision just as much as you did, and Innoxia probably knew they would. Cutting that content shows that developing the main game further is more important to the Dev than pleasing these supporters and adding another 3 lines for when your character has the voyeur fetish and is watching a snow lion fuck a hyena they love in the Dominion canals, which would keep the money flowing in with very little effort.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Look, I haven't really been following the game all that much since I lost interest in it quite a ways back, so generally my understanding of the game's general state of health is based almost entirely on hearsay. I have at times skimmed through comments on some updates over the last couple years or so, played a mod of it a few times here and there, so I may have the wrong idea since there seems to be conflicting attitudes from others I've had conversations with about it.

But I think that misses the point, or at least mine (which admittedly I didn't really make clear). Loosing the companion system, while unfortunate, isn't really the reason that news struck me the way it did. A lot of the complaints I've heard is of Innoxia's hilariously consistent delays, coupled with the sheer volume of bland yet bug-riddled content, and now content is being axed, all the while without hiring help which has been suggested since as far back as when I last played in fact. If any of that is true, then I kind of feel like this is not really great news. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see I guess. Not hating on the dev or anything, but if they haven't reach out yet for help at all and still haven't been able to hit a target release date even once, then I'd at least be a little concerned. Short-term, removing the companion system might be a smart move, it's just that that's hardly the biggest or most long-term of critiques that seem to be routinely brought up. Games like this being done solo like that are a real sketchy shot in the dark anyways. Not being able or willing to recognize the need to tackle something this big in bigger numbers than one is one of the reasons some seem to be less than confident in LT's future.

Again, a lot of this is based on pretty much little better than mere he-said-she-said and that rarely is that the whole story. Hell, there's certainly no shortage of shining examples of that truth in today's world. Just thought I'd toss in my side of it, how shaky it probably is. Two cents and all that.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Why not disable companions for those new unique encounters only? And leave the existing system for generic random encounters with companion support in place?
You mean exactly what the toggle does?
Simply making that the only way it works was on the table, but it'd be confusing for new players who weren't there for the announcement and would find an inconsistent mechanic that got inexplicably abandoned around the time they leave Dominion. So instead the older player who are assumed to have that context can go and enable their limited companion support if they can't live without.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I don't exactly understand why in a sandbox game that's a good thing...
While the game has sandbox elements, it's intended to be an RPG with an overarching story that the player can affect through their in-game decisions. The current form of the game is basically a prologue to the game proper.

So while you can play the current version of the game (and, presumably, later versions) as an aimless sandbox of meaningless sex, don't expect supporting this mode of play to be the dev's primary concern.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Hey jb281472 and everyone v0.3.9.4 has been released!

(Preview Release)
v0.3.9.4 Download Links

This is still an alpha, and contains bugs and half-finished content!
.jar:
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:
.exe:
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:
32-bit .exe (For 32-bit Windows):
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:

Innoxia said:
Aug 26, 2020 12:59 AM
Version 0.3.9.4 (Preview) Release

Hello again!

As mentioned in the previous post, I've managed to get the vast majority of bugs reported in v0.3.9.1 fixed for this preview version, and have also (finally) finished off the last placeholders related to the Rat Warrens content. I feel as though there are still some parts of that which could do with some polish, but I think I'll leave that until a later version.

I've also added support for (basic) item modding in this version, and I've got a lot of background work done for the character which I'm planning on adding as the last piece of Dominion content before v0.4. I haven't quite got that into a state that's ready for full inclusion into the game, so I've decided to call this release v0.3.9.4, and will release the content for this new character by the end of the week as part of an updated preview version of v0.3.9.5.

I'm also planning on getting a few more small things finished off for that updated preview version, which will leave me with just Shadow/Silence content as the one thing that I haven't managed to get added in time. I'll most likely push that back to a later version instead of delaying the release any further, as I know that the vast majority of you are eager to finally move on to the Fields content.

Anyway, this extra time I'm taking to get v0.3.9.5 finished off won't hold the public version of v0.4 back by much, as I'm still planning on getting that released within a couple of weeks from now (hopefully around the 8th September). I'll make another post to give you v0.3.9.5 as soon as it's done, which will definitely be by Sunday. ^^

P.S. Thank you all so much for your support! If you're a supporter in the $10 tier, and your name isn't yet in the in-game credits, please send me a message to let me know what name you'd like me to add you in as! ^^

See you again by Sunday with v0.3.9.5!
Enjoy! \^o^/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lestev

Dec 26, 2017
There won't be other endings for the rat warren quest? Like having Vengar win or you replacing him as the leader?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
There won't be other endings for the rat warren quest? Like having Vengar win or you replacing him as the leader?
Only if someone else makes and submits expansions. For the foreseeable future, Inno herself is done with them - both in the literal 'todo-list' sense as well as the metaphorical.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
You need to go into the "Content Options" menu (available at the start of a new game or at any time during play through the cogwheel icon at the bottom left of the screen) and into the "Gameplay" sub-menu. There, you will find the option to enable the companion system. After which you should be able to add a party member as in earlier versions. Shouldn't be broken at this stage, it's just that support is being discontinued going forward.
thanks, nah I prefer it to say, just because the faster I deal with the enemies, the better, I can just start a fight with flash and let my allies bully them to no end. saving me MP and Essence (cause guns)

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
Currently, my biggest gripe with the game is that the save function is fairly buggy. It would at times not let me save my progress for no reason at all. I've reset the game multiple times because of it and I've even ran into soft locks too. Can these issues get fixed please?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Currently, my biggest gripe with the game is that the save function is fairly buggy. It would at times not let me save my progress for no reason at all. I've reset the game multiple times because of it and I've even ran into soft locks too. Can these issues get fixed please?
That's the first I'm hearing of such things, can you provide some more details on when and where that happens? And is it a new issue in 0.3.9.4 or persistent?
The only advise I can think of right now is to stick to simple names, i.e. (standard English) letters, numbers and dash/underscore. The game's kinda bad about telling you when characters don't work.

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
That's the first I'm hearing of such things, can you provide some more details on when and where that happens? And is it a new issue in 0.3.9.4 or persistent?
The only advise I can think of right now is to stick to simple names, i.e. (standard English) letters, numbers and dash/underscore. The game's kinda bad about telling you when characters don't work.
It's happened since I first downloaded and the issue has never went away. This bug seems to happen randomly and when it happens, a soft lock will follow suit shortly. The soft lock happens whenever I enter a different location, especially Lily's home. The game also at times lags.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes