dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. Are you still able to walk around normally? Can you fast travel? Can you interact with objects you'd be able to interact within the rooms?
Also, the problem you're having is being unable to save at all, right?
Yes, That is the problem. After some time, it will randomly stop saving. I can interact with things........ until I return from submission. Everything gets very buggy from here.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
I Would try to click the save button, however the game will not give any confirmation saying that the data is saved meaning that it hasn't saved.
Oh! That has been happening for some time--the data does get saved but the green confirmation message stops appearing after a few saves so don't worry about it.*** :)

However, the "Event Log" is reliable--it still shows saves whenever they occur *and* also records when they fail, too. (It's the large box in the bottom-right corner, above the icons.)

(***If you want to see it fail for yourself, just start the game and click "Quick Save" (or the F5 button) then click it again before the confirmation message disappears, then click it again before the confirmation message disappears--you should only need 2, 3, or 4 clicks until the confirmations stop.)

If you find or suspect other problems remember to take a screen-cap and report it. Chances are we can confirm it, help find more clues, and maybe find a work-around until it's fixed. (y)

Does this take care of that save problem for you?

e-d

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Does having a lot of kids slow down the game? Alternatively, does anyone have any little tricks for making the game run faster?

Claude86

Aug 18, 2017
Game got stuck on the "reward" scene after defeating Brex, and couldn't progress. Had to use the "buggy" command to get past it.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Game got stuck on the "reward" scene after defeating Brex, and couldn't progress. Had to use the "buggy" command to get past it.
Happened to me too- did it happen after you teleported to the police station? Because I found going out of the station before fighting him and then going back in helped.

Claude86

Aug 18, 2017
Happened to me too- did it happen after you teleported to the police station? Because I found going out of the station before fighting him and then going back in helped.
I walked to the police station, but I didn't leave it after getting the option to fight him, I went directly in to fight him.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
I walked to the police station, but I didn't leave it after getting the option to fight him, I went directly in to fight him.
Welp, that's me confused then. At least if anyone comes in with the same problem, they'd have two different solutions to the problem (granted, your way's a lot better).

Reactions: Claude86

Claude86

Aug 18, 2017
Welp, that's me confused then. At least if anyone comes in with the same problem, they'd have two different solutions to the problem (granted, your way's a lot better).
Yeah, the "buggy" command have served well with past bugs where the game gets stuck on a scene.

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
Oh! That has been happening for some time--the data does get saved but the green confirmation message stops appearing after a few saves so don't worry about it.*** :)

However, the "Event Log" is reliable--it still shows saves whenever they occur *and* also records when they fail, too. (It's the large box in the bottom-right corner, above the icons.)

(***If you want to see it fail for yourself, just start the game and click "Quick Save" (or the F5 button) then click it again before the confirmation message disappears, then click it again before the confirmation message disappears--you should only need 2, 3, or 4 clicks until the confirmations stop.)

If you find or suspect other problems remember to take a screen-cap and report it. Chances are we can confirm it, help find more clues, and maybe find a work-around until it's fixed. (y)

Does this take care of that save problem for you?

e-d
1599091723927.png
Well... this is the bug related to the save bug. Isn't softlocks wonderful?

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
View attachment 798971
Well... this is the bug related to the save bug. Isn't softlocks wonderful?
Nah, I think soft-locks are *%$&#! o_O

("Frustrating", "infuriating", and "aggravating" just don't contain enough swear words to express myself. :( )
(Of course, should I use the correct words then the moderators give me a time-out, by myself, to contemplate how better to communicate in public company. So, *%$&#! it is. ;) )

A few questions:
0) Your on-screen 'Event Log' doesn't show a save--did this screen occur anywhere near a save?
1) Is your Java (JRE) version current / updated?
2) Are you using the 64-bit game version on 64-bit Windows OS? Or the 32-bit game version on 32-bit Windows OS? Or the .jar version of the game? Or did you compile your game from Github?
3) Do the soft-locks occur when:
* while moving on a map (like walking in a corridor)?
* moving from room to room (like entering a store or bedroom from a corridor)?
* moving from map area to map area (like exiting from the mall map into the Dominion map)?
* after you choose a save function but before the save completes?
* after saves complete?
* other times?
4) In your game options, are 'Autosaves' turned on? If so, when should the game autosave?
5) Is your game located in a folder that allows the game to create and change its own files. Or is it in a folder that is protected from changes by the OS or a virus scanner?

Possible steps to try for a fix:
In the folder where you put the game files, find and open the file named "README" or "README.txt". Try the first 3 steps in the "MISSING FOLDERS:" section. Does the game behave differently now?

Have you noticed anything else happening when the game is running? :unsure:

e-d :)

Last edited:

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
Nah, I think soft-locks are *%$&#! o_O

("Frustrating", "infuriating", and "aggravating" just don't contain enough swear words to express myself. :( )
(Of course, should I use the correct words then the moderators give me a time-out, by myself, to contemplate how better to communicate in public company. So, *%$&#! it is. ;) )

A few questions:
0) Your on-screen 'Event Log' doesn't show a save--did this screen occur anywhere near a save?
1) Is your Java (JRE) version current / updated?
2) Are you using the 64-bit game version on 64-bit Windows OS? Or the 32-bit game version on 32-bit Windows OS? Or the .jar version of the game? Or did you compile your game from Github?
3) Do the soft-locks occur when:
* while moving on a map (like walking in a corridor)?
* moving from room to room (like entering a store or bedroom from a corridor)?
* moving from map area to map area (like exiting from the mall map into the Dominion map)?
* after you choose a save function but before the save completes?
* after saves complete?
* other times?
4) In your game options, are 'Autosaves' turned on? If so, when should the game autosave?
5) Is your game located in a folder that allows the game to create and change its own files. Or is it in a folder that is protected from changes by the OS or a virus scanner?

Possible steps to try for a fix:
In the folder where you put the game files, find and open the file named "README" or "README.txt". Try the first 3 steps in the "MISSING FOLDERS:" section. Does the game behave differently now?

Have you noticed anything else happening when the game is running? :unsure:

0) No, I was leaving the building at the time.
1) I recently downloaded an update, but I'll go ahead and say that the updates for it has failed many times before I even got the game.
2) I'm using the 32-bit version as my Windows is 32-bit.
3) When the save function stops working after some, the softlocks usually occur when I try to go from map to map.
4) Yes, the Autosaves are enabled. I've set it to where it saves often. It usually saves when leaving Lilaya's house.
5) The files are located in the 'Downloads' section in my computer. I've set the virus scanner to allowing the game to run.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
0) No, I was leaving the building at the time.
1) I recently downloaded an update, but I'll go ahead and say that the updates for it has failed many times before I even got the game.
2) I'm using the 32-bit version as my Windows is 32-bit.
3) When the save function stops working after some, the softlocks usually occur when I try to go from map to map.
4) Yes, the Autosaves are enabled. I've set it to where it saves often. It usually saves when leaving Lilaya's house.
5) The files are located in the 'Downloads' section in my computer. I've set the virus scanner to allowing the game to run.
0) If you were leaving the building, why did you say your screen-cap was related to "the save bug"?

1) If the Java environment on your computer is old and has not been updated, that can *definitely* cause problems with anything that is programmed in Java. In fact Java updates ask if they can un-install old versions of Java off your computer for you so the old versions do not cause problems with the new version! ( )

3) When you say "save function stops working", do you mean LT is not saving your game state and place OR do you mean the save confirmation does not appear in the main game screen OR something else, please?

5) Have you told *Windows* that LT can run from that location, and save files there, and update files there?

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
0) If you were leaving the building, why did you say your screen-cap was related to "the save bug"?

1) If the Java environment on your computer is old and has not been updated, that can *definitely* cause problems with anything that is programmed in Java. In fact Java updates ask if they can un-install old versions of Java off your computer for you so the old versions do not cause problems with the new version! ( )

3) When you say "save function stops working", do you mean LT is not saving your game state and place OR do you mean the save confirmation does not appear in the main game screen OR something else, please?

5) Have you told *Windows* that LT can run from that location, and save files there, and update files there?

0) Because the softlocks are directly related to the save bug from my experience as they occur after the save function stops working.
1) I'm currently troubleshooting the java program to see if that does anything.
3) It basically stops saving the game all together.
5) I'm pretty sure I gave the game permission to do those things.

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
As it stands (since the discontinuation of support for companions), the only thing that inviting offspring and friends to live in the mansion accomplishes is taking up a room that could be occupied by an income-producing slave. I mean, I'll still hunt the little fuckers bundles of joy down and set them up ...
Or just hunt down your children, select the best, and make them your breeding slaves for more slave offspring ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tiasung

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Or just hunt down your children, select the best, and make them your breeding slaves for more slave offspring ... :rolleyes:
Not my bag, but you do you.

In a similar vein, I usually don't bother with milking. Ten slaves working 24/7 at the Kiss, Brax in the stocks in Slaver Alley where he belongs, a full complement of bedroom buddies, a fully staffed office (used to be all Harpies before the Helena quest), kitchen, library, lab, and spa, then fill the rest up with maids. At that point, what need do you have to breed slaves?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes