quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
In a similar vein, I usually don't bother with milking. Ten slaves working 24/7 at the Kiss, Brax in the stocks in Slaver Alley where he belongs, a full complement of bedroom buddies, a fully staffed office (used to be all Harpies before the Helena quest), kitchen, library, lab, and spa, then fill the rest up with maids. At that point, what need do you have to breed slaves?
You can literally make millions with 1 milk slave and a few "sleep until sunset/sunrise". Slavery is broken and feels pointless and boring. It's one of the many things Innoxia will eventually™ rework into a proper game mechanic.

Reactions: Tiasung

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
While we're on the subject, is there any easy way to change the looks of a person without them being a succubus/incubus or slime? I can't seem to find anything like that.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Not really, besides the "buggy" menu. If it hasn't changed much since last I played, you'd have to track down the necessary transformation items you want and do it the old fashion way. Succubus/Incubus/Slime is the only exceptions that have access to the transformation menu naturally.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
While we're on the subject, is there any easy way to change the looks of a person without them being a succubus/incubus or slime? I can't seem to find anything like that.
Just enchant the appropriate food item for their current/target race. Major stuff can tally up a fair amount of essence, so you may want to get things like the water school perk (3 water spells for free fluid related enchants) or the transformer fetish. If you repeatedly need to apply things like bigger boobs or higher cum production, enchanting clothing with change-over-time effectts can be more economical since it's reusable.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
What food items might these be? The only consumables I know that can change a person's species are the harpy lollipops and slime canisters.
Well, that depends on the race of course since they all have their preferred snack but they're all cliché as heck and have the race icon in the background if you're unsure. Just go to the horse boy in the mall.

Reactions: congamensch

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Well, that depends on the race of course since they all have their preferred snack but they're all cliché as heck and have the race icon in the background if you're unsure. Just go to the horse boy in the mall.
Righto, I'll take a look the next chance I get. Thanks!

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Used to dealing with people that don't understand the core mechanics of LT, NoStepOnSnek? When I read his post I thought he meant "easier than through enchanting" too. Also, has Innoxia showed up in the server recently? Did she say anything about the next update?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Used to dealing with people that don't understand the core mechanics of LT, NoStepOnSnek? When I read his post I thought he meant "easier than through enchanting" too. Also, has Innoxia showed up in the server recently? Did she say anything about the next update?
It's the safest assumption.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
You can literally make millions with 1 milk slave and a few "sleep until sunset/sunrise". Slavery is broken and feels pointless and boring. It's one of the many things Innoxia will eventually™ rework into a proper game mechanic.
Those obscene profits seem to just be a result of the numbers/math used to calculate them being placeholders.

I think the real problem is conceptual. Owning slaves in LT is one of those things that just can't help being broken in one way or another. It's passive income, it's someone else doing work and you reaping the benefits, that's the whole point of slavery as an institution. If you're just tweaking numbers, it's very difficult to find the sweet spot between "so unprofitable you have no reason to bother" and "so profitable you have no reason to do any other money-making activities", especially if the player can easily increase their profits by an order of magnitude by just getting more slaves. Sure, you could place some arbitrary restrictions on the number of slaves a player can own, but that feels, well, arbitrary. Or you could require the player to do some activity to keep the slave business going, but that would defeat the whole "get other people to do the work" point of it. You then risk running into the same issue Bethesda runs into in TES, where you still have to do everything yourself despite being the boss of an entire faction.

Ultimately I'm not sure it's really a problem that there is such a wildly unbalanced way to earn money. LT is a total power fantasy, so being able to acquite lots of money (= power) doesn't really make it any less fun. I also think it's inconspicuous enough that most people won't find it on their first playthrough, so it effectively becomes a nice shortcut to skip the boring early game on subsequent playthroughs.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Interesting take. I feel like making it less broken by decreasing profits and making overworking/low obedience/low affection have a heavier impact would be enough balancing, but acquiring the license, acquiring new slaves and training the slaves should be harder.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Sure, you could tweak the numbers. It's currently broken by several orders of magnitude, so there's plenty of room for nerfs. But I don't think Inno should stress over it too much. Perfect balance is not a worthwhile pursuit in a single-player game. In my experience, without a multiplayer component, trying to find and making use of exploits and overpowered stuff in general greatly extends the longevity of a game once its novelty has worn off. At least provided that such things are hidden well enough that you don't ruin your first playthrough with them.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Hey jb281472 and everyone v0.3.9.8 has been released!

(Preview Release)
v0.3.9.8 Download Links

This is still an alpha, and contains bugs and half-finished content!
.jar:
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:
.exe:
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:
32-bit .exe (For 32-bit Windows):
Pre-zipped:
Full folder:

Innoxia said:
SEP 05, 2020 10:18 PM
Version 0.3.9.8 (Preview) Release

Hello again,

Sorry that this version took me a little longer to get finished than I'd originally planned; implementing the new clothing 'sticker' system ended up pushing the work on the new character/quest back a little, and then the writing for that character again took me longer than I expected.

Anyway, this version is mainly focused on getting the aforementioned character and quest released, which was part of my original plan for the previous preview version. I don't want to spoil too much of that content, so I'll just say that it's related to the Enforcers, and by completing it, you'll gain the ability to legitimately purchase some Enforcer gear and weapons. The character(s)/quest was designed by DSG, and has been planned for inclusion for quite some time, which is why I was so keen on getting this done before v0.4. (The conditions for the quest starting are in the patch notes below.)

As well as the new character/quest and the clothing sticker system support, there are a lot of contributor bug fixes and updates to DSG's Enforcer clothing in this version. I've fixed some bugs myself, but there are still a lot of reported bugs from the last couple of versions which I haven't yet had time to fix.

After this release, I'm planning on fixing all of those bugs, implementing race modding support, and then adding some content to the Fields area. That will most likely include the next stage of the main quest, as well as some random encounters for the fields & river tiles.

I will do my very best to have v0.4 out by the 18th of September. I know that that's 10 days later than my previous target, and I'm sorry for having to push it back so far, but I fear that the race modding support may end up being quite complex to implement, and so I really can't see v0.4 being ready sooner than the 18th.

I'll do my very best to make v0.4 worth the wait, and thank you all once again for all of your support. I'm aiming to make the next progress post some time around the middle of this next week, so I'll see you all again then!

P.S. If you're a $10 supporter, and your name isn't yet in the in-game credits, please send me a message to let me know what name you'd like me to add you in as! ^^
Enjoy! \^o^/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
Hey jb281472 and everyone v0.3.9.8 has been released!

(Preview Release)
v0.3.9.8 Download Links

This is still an alpha, and contains bugs and half-finished content!
.jar:
Pre-zipped: Mega
Full folder: Google Drive
.exe:
32-bit .exe (For 32-bit Windows):

Enjoy! \^o^/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you dear, very kind.

Reactions: Shilou

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Does anyone get this issue where the setting change to default everytime you load a save ?

boloyolo

Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone get this issue where the setting change to default everytime you load a save ?
Every time I load a save? No.

When I load a save after a version update, if I don't also copy over the properties.xml file in the data folder from the old version to the new? Yes.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes