Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Still, there's no use getting worked up over her slow pace now. It's baked in, and unless you pay for her subscribestar, it's not like she owes you something.
Even if you donate to her subscribestar, she still doesn't owe you anything. It's donations because you like the dev, and not funding the game a la indiegogo/kickstarter remember? ;) These payment systems have basically no accountability.
I've always heard letting too many NPCs "live" will quickly blow up the game.
At this point she should consider an option in your journal to literally purge all your offspring from the game save for a "tracker" of how many birthed. I mean, it's not like there's diverse enough incest content to justify keeping more than a handful of children around, and even that gets boring quick.
Like, maybe just add a feature in the journal to select unwanted children/randomly generated npcs and remove them from the game?

EDIT: In addition, I wish there was a way to instantly bypass and remove random npcs sometimes. It's pretty annoying that by ignoring them or paying them off you get some rando in a tile that's there until you go through the tedium of defeating them and throwing them away or finding the constables. I don't have these precious 5 seconds and 5 mouse clicks to waste man!

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I love this game but is there a reason every other update seems to run super poorly? Like some updates run really smoothly but then the next couple updates start to really chug, and eventually slow to a crawl or even a full stop, after like an hour of play time? Even going to far as to heat up my computer.

My computer is built out of very recent (2019-2020) parts. There is no way this should happen but it does. In a java app, no less.
The game is badly designed and not optimized. There's way too much that happens on every player movement, even when really not needed, which causes the game to crash a burn with too many NPCs.

I wish there's a more "peaceful" solution to remove my offsprings other than attacking them, like maybe giving them money to migrate elsewhere or something.. Sometimes i can't help but feel like doing mass abortions :/
There's a super peaceful solution that I use. I go into the save file and just... delete them.

Same with how I manage the inventory. The inventory system is such shit that I just manually delete everything from my save instead of trying to use it.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
There's a super peaceful solution that I use. I go into the save file and just... delete them.
Lmaooo thankfully right now i still have a manageable birthrate.. but later probably, when i become genghis khan and my pc starting to sound like it's gonna fry itself, i'd need to consider this method

organord

Jun 10, 2020
Lmaooo thankfully right now i still have a manageable birthrate.. but later probably, when i become genghis khan and my pc starting to sound like it's gonna fry itself, i'd need to consider this method
Nab the applicable sterility perks. Solves the problem before it actually becomes one.
All the square-shaped perks can be toggled on/off at will, so it's not like these perks make you permanently sterile (in case you want to have more children later on).

Taking the perks is convenient, it helps cut down on unnecessary impregnations without needing to lug condoms or sterility pills everywhere and remember to use them.

If, in the future, perk points become more precious then there may be reason to hold back on QoL perks.
But for now you can easily spare the 1 or 2 points needed for the male/female sterility perks, since the perk trees are cluttered with low-value placeholder perks.

Reactions: Carl0sDanger

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
So with all the changes, you can now choose to be an enforcer? or even a part of SWORD/ORICL? if so, how? as I noticed military equipment is now restricted

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
I wish there's a more "peaceful" solution to remove my offsprings other than attacking them, like maybe giving them money to migrate elsewhere or something.. Sometimes i can't help but feel like doing mass abortions :/
well its not like you're killing them. just think of it as............................................................... tough love! :)

• Haha
Reactions: aspar4gus

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I may have accidentally spawned about 400 children in the span of a week.

It was fun.

I found a bunch of ways *NOT* to level up.

So with all the changes, you can now choose to be an enforcer? or even a part of SWORD/ORICL? if so, how? as I noticed military equipment is now restricted
You can't really join them.

There's two quests that involve them though. One is a quick and easy one that lets you 'legally' use their equipment. There's not really a good reason *why* you can, but one guy at the station says it's okay so whatever. Then there's also a question chain in submission where some of the options have you help them, and they kind of show up after the fact. But you're not really joining them or anything.

Also that quest is super buggy and weird, and with the right set of actions you can maintain partial quest state through reloading saves. I played around with it for like 20 minutes before I softlocked the gamed entirely.

Overlurker

Oct 19, 2017
I may have accidentally spawned about 400 children in the span of a week.

It was fun.

I found a bunch of ways *NOT* to level up.

You can't really join them.

There's two quests that involve them though. One is a quick and easy one that lets you 'legally' use their equipment. There's not really a good reason *why* you can, but one guy at the station says it's okay so whatever. Then there's also a question chain in submission where some of the options have you help them, and they kind of show up after the fact. But you're not really joining them or anything.

Also that quest is super buggy and weird, and with the right set of actions you can maintain partial quest state through reloading saves. I played around with it for like 20 minutes before I softlocked the gamed entirely.

What quest is it that let's you use them?

organord

Jun 10, 2020
What quest is it that let's you use them?
Meet these requirements:

1) Progress the Main Quest past the stage where you get info about Arthur from Brax (any resolution is fine, and you don't need to dabble in the followup Brax content).
2) Finish the Harpy Nests quest, after completion, allow 5 days to pass in-game.
3) Wander safe tiles in Dominion between 17:00 and 21:00, with no Arcane Storm active.

With all the requirements met, the questgiver will show up pretty quick (50% chance per step).

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
So what's the deal with the whole mod thing? I honestly don't care about this game's characters and "plot" at all, I like the story insofar that the story introduces new flavour of sandbox to enjoy, which is what I like most about the game, taking concepts and turning them into characters and wanking a bit until I wanna return to said concept. So the sooner mods are fully supported, the sooner people can start to create their own shit. Which is a really weak segue into why I came here to post in the first place.

I wanna make a ranged character and it really bugs me that no race has ranged attacks as a bonus. You know who should have ranged attacks as a bonus? Humans. Unironically. It's fine they have basically no physique or arcane. But there is literally nothing on this planet better at throwing things than us. We have entire muscle groups for the explicit purpose of throwing things. These are absent in other great apes, you ever seen one throw? It's all janky underarm shit. Ranged combat is our racial specialty and it rustles my jimmies that that isn't reflected in the human race bonuses. Not to even mention we invented bows and guns to begin with.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
So what's the deal with the whole mod thing? I honestly don't care about this game's characters and "plot" at all, I like the story insofar that the story introduces new flavour of sandbox to enjoy, which is what I like most about the game, taking concepts and turning them into characters and wanking a bit until I wanna return to said concept. So the sooner mods are fully supported, the sooner people can start to create their own shit. Which is a really weak segue into why I came here to post in the first place.

I wanna make a ranged character and it really bugs me that no race has ranged attacks as a bonus. You know who should have ranged attacks as a bonus? Humans. Unironically. It's fine they have basically no physique or arcane. But there is literally nothing on this planet better at throwing things than us. We have entire muscle groups for the explicit purpose of throwing things. These are absent in other great apes, you ever seen one throw? It's all janky underarm shit. Ranged combat is our racial specialty and it rustles my jimmies that that isn't reflected in the human race bonuses. Not to even mention we invented bows and guns to begin with.
That's ... an interesting point, actually.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
EDIT: In addition, I wish there was a way to instantly bypass and remove random npcs sometimes. It's pretty annoying that by ignoring them or paying them off you get some rando in a tile that's there until you go through the tedium of defeating them and throwing them away or finding the constables. I don't have these precious 5 seconds and 5 mouse clicks to waste man!
I mean, dealing with that was EASIER in earlier builds where the attack, end turn and continue button where all in the same spot so you could just click like 5-6 times there and once the game stopped lagging from keeping track of EVERYTHING then you were already done with the encounter and free to go right?
(while we're at it talking about Earlier Builds i STILL miss the PERMANENT Stat-Boosting potions, getting 100 Physique and 100 Arcane on a char REGARDLESS of your appearance and race options was cool as all hell, and you needed a SHITTON OF MONEY AND ESSENCES TO GET THERE ANYWAY so i found it ok, and yeah i know you can still max it by using the mod but...is just not as fun anymore when you can't do it without cheating ya know?)

Reactions: Marlin Brandy

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Well shit, a bunch of posts in this thread got purged, including a bunch of my own for being off topic. And I have no idea which parts of my posts were the reason that they were deleted. I'm guessing we're not allowed to talk about how much the dev is making on the game or something? Replying to multiple people at a time, I have no idea which part was the problem.

I don't see a different forum that seems to be the correct place to ask so I guess if there's a mod hanging out, any chance you could PM me and clarify?

(while we're at it talking about Earlier Builds i STILL miss the PERMANENT Stat-Boosting potions, getting 100 Physique and 100 Arcane on a char REGARDLESS of your appearance and race options was cool as all hell, and you needed a SHITTON OF MONEY AND ESSENCES TO GET THERE ANYWAY so i found it ok, and yeah i know you can still max it by using the mod but...is just not as fun anymore when you can't do it without cheating ya know?)
I don't think we'll ever see permanent stat bonuses like that again. They made it super easy to cap all your stats without really trying. Like, physique caps at 100, so getting 100 from a potion would just permanently cap you.

Having the limit be money and essences didn't really work either, as both are currently more or less valueless. Every since they changed the shop to let you buy like ~30000 essence a day, you can pretty much have unlimited of both in the first week of game time. The save I checked the stat values on, I currently have three billion credits, and 50k essence lol

You don't need a mod to max all the stats anymore though. Just turn off the enchantment limit. You'll have more than enough money/credits to max all the stats within an hour or so.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
"Off-topic."

Seems like even f95 isn't safe, when you're literally talking about the game itself, the game pace, and the community associated with it. Should tell you a lot about what's going on, here. Seriously, it's time to discuss a new way to enjoy this game -- or games like it -- and it's time to do so asap. There's zero room for conversation in a realm of authoritarianism and that's a red flag. There's no "Reason" why it was "off-topic." Anyone with a brain can see it wasn't. Some people complained about opinions they don't like to the mods and the mods obliged. That's it.

This one obviously will get nuked as well, but I have no stake in this community or game. Be my guest, mods.

At any rate, I'm still working on my own mods for this game and will consider sharing their updated versions. I'm running into some issues involving mathematical calculation of subspecies' features deviating from the default defined values of the overall race. It seems to do something more than simply multiply a value by 2 when I apply it to -- say -- penis size. I'm making work-arounds, at any rate. Maybe I'll drop off an Owl race.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
There's zero room for conversation in a realm of authoritarianism and that's a red flag.
That's a bit exaggerated.
But eh.

Mostly depends on moderators.
Older guys will let people talk pretty much about anything (as long as it doesn't breaks the site's rules -hate trashing, harassing, etc-), but newer guys are a bit more... sensible, I think. Which is quite common on the internetz, specially with newer generations.

In any case, if it's a critic, it should be okay unless it gets in the realms of trash-hate-harass-troll realms, much like certain poster a page ago (good god, now that was a creep alert).

Now, that being said, since these threads are meant for talking specifically about the game (updates, tips, tricks, etc), our usual rabble (even if interesting!), is taken as derailing just like this post.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
"Off-topic."

Seems like even f95 isn't safe, when you're literally talking about the game itself, the game pace, and the community associated with it. Should tell you a lot about what's going on, here. Seriously, it's time to discuss a new way to enjoy this game -- or games like it -- and it's time to do so asap. There's zero room for conversation in a realm of authoritarianism and that's a red flag. There's no "Reason" why it was "off-topic." Anyone with a brain can see it wasn't. Some people complained about opinions they don't like to the mods and the mods obliged. That's it.

This one obviously will get nuked as well, but I have no stake in this community or game. Be my guest, mods.
C'est la vie, bro.

What I do is find a naturally strong character somewhere (morphs for strength, demons for arcane) and then export them using the ingame export function. Then I can start a new save with huge permanent buffs in those stats, plus character-specific perks and gear if they've got any. You could also just use the debug menu if you'd rather not make a new save.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well shit, a bunch of posts in this thread got purged, including a bunch of my own for being off topic. And I have no idea which parts of my posts were the reason that they were deleted. I'm guessing we're not allowed to talk about how much the dev is making on the game or something? Replying to multiple people at a time, I have no idea which part was the problem.

I don't see a different forum that seems to be the correct place to ask so I guess if there's a mod hanging out, any chance you could PM me and clarify?

I don't think we'll ever see permanent stat bonuses like that again. They made it super easy to cap all your stats without really trying. Like, physique caps at 100, so getting 100 from a potion would just permanently cap you.

Having the limit be money and essences didn't really work either, as both are currently more or less valueless. Every since they changed the shop to let you buy like ~30000 essence a day, you can pretty much have unlimited of both in the first week of game time. The save I checked the stat values on, I currently have three billion credits, and 50k essence lol

You don't need a mod to max all the stats anymore though. Just turn off the enchantment limit. You'll have more than enough money/credits to max all the stats within an hour or so.
Six of mine were purged and only one talked about earnings, so it likely wasn't that. Replying to multiple people is a function of the site, so not the cause. If you get that PM, let me know as well, I'm getting real tired of purges with no logical or given explanation. It was about the game, which is the topic of the thread.

"Off-topic."

At any rate, I'm still working on my own mods for this game and will consider sharing their updated versions. I'm running into some issues involving mathematical calculation of subspecies' features deviating from the default defined values of the overall race. It seems to do something more than simply multiply a value by 2 when I apply it to -- say -- penis size. I'm making work-arounds, at any rate. Maybe I'll drop off an Owl race.
Absolutely none, this is not the only time I've been caught in a purge when I was clearly talking about the game, either. It may not have been a complaint, but a mod passing through or who reads this thread themselves.

That's a bit exaggerated.
But eh.

Mostly depends on moderators.
Older guys will let people talk pretty much about anything (as long as it doesn't breaks the site's rules -hate trashing, harassing, etc-), but newer guys are a bit more... sensible, I think. Which is quite common on the internetz, specially with newer generations.

In any case, if it's a critic, it should be okay unless it gets in the realms of trash-hate-harass-troll realms, much like certain poster a page ago (good god, now that was a creep alert).

Now, that being said, since these threads are meant for talking specifically about the game (updates, tips, tricks, etc), our usual rabble (even if interesting!), is taken as derailing just like this post.
A bit exaggerated, but it gets the point across, we were purged without any logical explanation. We were talking about the game in one way or another.

Zorkman

Oct 5, 2019
I recently started to explore having some NPCs at the house, and have recently discovered I am now completely unable to save my game. I'm sure it's because there are too many NPCs to keep track of and that the file size is too large, and it's quite frustrating.

circuit

May 17, 2017
Six of mine were purged and only one talked about earnings, so it likely wasn't that. Replying to multiple people is a function of the site, so not the cause. If you get that PM, let me know as well, I'm getting real tired of purges with no logical or given explanation. It was about the game, which is the topic of the thread.

Absolutely none, this is not the only time I've been caught in a purge when I was clearly talking about the game, either. It may not have been a complaint, but a mod passing through or who reads this thread themselves.

A bit exaggerated, but it gets the point across, we were purged without any logical explanation. We were talking about the game in one way or another.
a bit conspiratorial but there are mods on this site who are mods in the discord

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes