tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
What should I do to enable them normally?
Honestly, fuck if I know. They should always be enabled, the problem is that there's always some other line that takes priority. You might get lucky and her very first action during an encounter will be using dirty talk, and then *maybe* she'd use one of those lines... but probably not.

The way the system seems to work, from what I've seen digging through the source in the past, is that there's a default pool of 'dirty talk' lines (there's actually a bunch of pools, but whatever). The character class apparently has unique lines that it can interject as well, which is what you're seeing. When dirty talk is used, it selects a random line from the appropriate pool.

However, those lines can be completely overruled in a number of ways. Passive stats (like lust, or active fetishes) or specific actions (tease responses and ongoing actions) have the ability to override the selected pool. And then on top of all that there's state based stuff that override whatever options make it to the top. If you have something in your mouth, for example, whatever line was going to play is just dropped and replaced with some muffled sounding text.

It might be impossible to ever actually trigger those lines, simply because there's so many layers to the system that they'll never be selected.

Edit:
Anyone out there still watching the discord? We're on 10 days with no update or word, not that I'm expecting much. Is Inno actually talking in discord like usual?

Last edited:

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
I've seen at least two of those lines a few times, in older versions of the game. They really only showed up during the opening turns of stripping her down, before being overridden by the usual pool of dialog.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Man, I knew the Discord had a bad reputation, but there's a pinned message reminding them not to "spread or glorify terrorist propaganda". Like wtf, man. Oh, and Inno's last message was half an hour ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: alex2011

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Man, I knew the Discord had a bad reputation, but there's a pinned message reminding them not to "spread or glorify terrorist propaganda". Like wtf, man. Oh, and Inno's last message was half an hour ago.
lmao, wut? What the hell happened that sparked that pin?

Anything interesting in Inno's timeline?

• Haha

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
If that pin is recent (within 1-2 months) this could be the reason that blog comments were so suddenly removed. Inno did mention they were removed because she couldn't (or possibly didn't want to) moderate them

Tolaris

Aug 31, 2017
As someone with vision issues, i appreciate the ability to change the font size, but is there any way to change the size of the buttons and their assiciated text?

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
If that pin is recent (within 1-2 months) this could be the reason that blog comments were so suddenly removed. Inno did mention they were removed because she couldn't (or possibly didn't want to) moderate them
No, it was posted in June. God knows what peeps were posting on Discord, but I didn't see anything like that on the dev blog.

lmao, wut? What the hell happened that sparked that pin?

Anything interesting in Inno's timeline?
Not a thing. She pretty much talked about video games and posted some cat emojis.

Last edited:

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Of course. Why do I even bother trying to give Inno the benefit of the doubt. At this point I'm pretty sure she only works on the game at all because people ask her to, not because she wants to work on it. The lack of interest in her own project is concerning at the very least.

(edited to sound less angry. the way I initially worded the last sentence was too aggressive for my taste)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
This is what I was talking about a while ago, Inno's project is way outside the scope of a single person, and has devolved into an unfocused mess. Starry-eyed passion is sadly not enough to overcome human limitations with coding, she really needs help from a professional to save her project, or it'll continue to slow down until it is abandoned.

• Red Heart

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
This is what I was talking about a while ago, Inno's project is way outside the scope of a single person, and has devolved into an unfocused mess. Starry-eyed passion is sadly not enough to overcome human limitations with coding, she really needs help from a professional to save her project, or it'll continue to slow down until it is abandoned.
What boggles my mind is how allergic she is to getting help. There are multiple people willing to sign contracts to allow her to keep 100% ownership of the game code, yet she is either too paranoid or too proud to accept their help. Hell she even outright refuses to ask them on how to better write and organize code.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
As someone with vision issues, i appreciate the ability to change the font size, but is there any way to change the size of the buttons and their assiciated text?
As far as I can tell the buttons cannot be modified in any way, nor can the text on them be adjusted. The only time they change size is when you switch between the default window size and fullscreen.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Of course. Why do I even bother trying to give Inno the benefit of the doubt. At this point I'm pretty sure she only works on the game at all because people ask her to, not because she wants to work on it. The lack of interest in her own project is concerning at the very least.

(edited to sound less angry. the way I initially worded the last sentence was too aggressive for my taste)
Indeed, I stopped last month with the benefit part. I'm 100% certain there are only two possibilities keeping this project alive. The first is the Discord's requests, which are 100% side content and new morphs at best. The second is money, which I am now almost certain Inno is now just the typical 'do as little as possible to keep the patrons fooled' Patreon dev. I was hoping that kind of development behavior wouldn't leak onto SubscribeStar, but it apparently already has.

Honestly, this was a suicide mission of a project to go into alone in the first place, maybe it could be saved with some help, but Inno refuses anything offered, even if it is free of charge and with all ownership going to them. The way it is now, the game is better off abandoned right here and now instead of making the players all suffer through the slow and painful death of what could have been the single greatest transformation-based erotic RPG with sandbox elements for years to come.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
The funny thing about this whole mess is if the code was more friendly to modding there would be a lot less outcry, because modding would fill the gaps between updates. On a completely different tangent, i wonder if the complete jank with the offspring map is due to it still using the old racial code instead of the reworked code. At this point having that major of an oversight wouldn't surprise me.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The funny thing about this whole mess is if the code was more friendly to modding there would be a lot less outcry, because modding would fill the gaps between updates. On a completely different tangent, i wonder if the complete jank with the offspring map is due to it still using the old racial code instead of the reworked code. At this point having that major of an oversight wouldn't surprise me.
That probably is the issue, I honestly can't think of anything else in this specific situation that would cause that.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
I know it won't happen, but here is a change i wish would be added:
The ability to add certain perks to equipment via enchanting.
I find it absolutely infuriating that the only way to stack the 'Object of desire' perk is to have a companion. I would like to be able to alter the game in order to stop pretty much all morphs in the game from being two pump chumps outside of arcane storms.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know it won't happen, but here is a change i wish would be added:
The ability to add certain perks to equipment via enchanting.
I find it absolutely infuriating that the only way to stack the 'Object of desire' perk is to have a companion. I would like to be able to alter the game in order to stop pretty much all morphs in the game from being two pump chumps outside of arcane storms.
Or the perk itself could be buffed.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
There's antenna in the debug transformation menu, but from what I can tell no insect type races yet? I know there's also demon-spider legs, but that doesn't seem to open up the options for insect type races. Kinda odd, since there are insect wings too.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
The code for transformations is in place, but they haven't been added. They'll get added by modders eventually because its the only thing they can really add to the game.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
Thanks. I was just putzing around the debug. Honestly, because there doesn't seem to be a way to become an imp in that menu outside of the race reset, I thought there might be more hidden subspecies that aren't obvious at first glance, and the antenna section kinda supported that.

So I made a tiny human with wings and was sad the game didn't recognise it as a fairy :(

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes