Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Thanks. I was just putzing around the debug. Honestly, because there doesn't seem to be a way to become an imp in that menu outside of the race reset, I thought there might be more hidden subspecies that aren't obvious at first glance, and the antenna section kinda supported that.

So I made a tiny human with wings and was sad the game didn't recognise it as a fairy :(
That's because imps are supposed to be the offspring of humans and demons according to lore. the reason this doesn't work in-game is because the 'half-succubus' race exists for some reason.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
'half-succubus' race exists for some reason.
I think it's just laziness in not making human demon couplings an exception from the half-succ rule, because that's how you get actual interesting breeds that sadly all share the half-demon stat spread regardless of if you're a minotaur or a hellhound.

On another note, her nod to height is admirable, but peculiar in its implementation. So you're dick height you can perform a standing blowjob. Neat. But... you're also excluded from regular sex because of your height difference. Except... If some one's twice as large as you surely they can just pick you up and fuck you. In fact why's there no carrying positions at all? My multi arms character already has no combat synergy, now there's no sexual synergy at all either, except being able to finger every one of your holes and theirs simultaneously. Which is kinda funny in its own right.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
That's because imps are supposed to be the offspring of humans and demons according to lore. the reason this doesn't work in-game is because the 'half-succubus' race exists for some reason.
Imps are the result of human half-demons and anything equal or lower than that
the chart.PNG

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
I mean, there are a lot of questionable decisions in the positioning system. here are a few of the ones that annoy me in no particular order:
Characters in standing 1 and standing 2/performing oral front 1 and performing oral front 2 cannot sexually interact with each other despite being right next to each other.
Characters in missionary and facesitting front cannot sexually interact despite facing each other in close proximity.

Edit: the latter might be because I tend to play short characters, have yet to confirm.

Last edited:

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Imps are the result of human half-demons and anything equal or lower than that
View attachment 1034802
That's only through breeding though. as far as the buggy transformation menu is concerned, imp is not an accessible race.

(Edit: I could have sworn there was a line of dialog during the story that said humans were discriminated against because all sexual encounters led to imps)

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
(Edit: I could have sworn there was a line of dialog during the story that said humans were discriminated against because all sexual encounters led to imps)
It's still essentially true, it may require an extra generation but human half-demon is pretty much a dead-end as far as demonic lineage is concerned. Best you can hope for is kicking the can down the road as long as your mates are demonic enough.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
That's only through breeding though. as far as the buggy transformation menu is concerned, imp is not an accessible race.

this is actually not true. You CAN become an imp through the buggy transformation menu, its all about how you change yourself in order due to the weight system of determining your race. The first thing you HAVE to do is set yourself to at least below 4 feet tall (imp have a height limit determined for demon subrace), only after you're a short stack then you change all your body parts (except genitals, they do not count towards race weighting) to demonic and demonic only, no exceptions. Then you'll be recognized as an imp. Interestingly, when you become recognized as an imp you can then scale your height back up past the height limit and still be recognized as a imp, its only when you save with that extra height and reload do you become recognized as an incubus. This does not work the other way around. You cannot be an incubus, shrink, save and reload as an imp. So you have to keep all this in mind when trying to become an imp through the buggy transformation menu.

Or you know... just use the race reset option.

sidenotes: 1. this was tested in the 3.13 version, i assume this works well enough the same in 3.15, but with the recent focus on race modding and stuff you never know, so im just pointing this out.

2. after reloading as an incubus i used the buggy transformation to shrink below 4 feet, saved, reloaded, then tried to transform (using the legit demon transformation menu) back up and interestingly enough i cant get past the height limit just as a regular imp cant grow out of their height limit. So something in the game does see me as an imp in some way because functionally i cannot grow out of their height range. so I fixed this by just using the buggy transformation menu, grew past the limit, saved and reloaded, tried to shrink down past the limit and couldnt. This is all likely to keep the player from becoming a demon, shrinking down and the game weighting them as an imp when that goes against the lore, but the buggy menu transformation kept me as an incubus even after going down past that limit and reloading the save with the height... so... idk. food for thought I guess. This height transformation restriction applies to all races who can transform, so that includes slimes and youko.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
oh yeah, I completely forgot about the body restrictions for certain sub morphs. I really am not thrilled with the concept, as one accidental overshoot of a certain attribute while drinking potions can completely change your sub morph. a nice quality of life change that will never get added would be the ability to see the current levels of the attribute you have currently selected while enchanting. Constantly tabbing in and out of the character description is really tedious.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
oh yeah, I completely forgot about the body restrictions for certain sub morphs. I really am not thrilled with the concept, as one accidental overshoot of a certain attribute while drinking potions can completely change your sub morph.
eh, the potion system with the ui system makes potions pretty tedious by themselves, its really not so much the weighting system of the races. If you dont know remember, the best way to transform yourself is to just use the slime canisters, turn yourself into a slime, transform yourself in literally every way possible except for colors (because you'll be using the slime colors for the slime race and those colors dont carry back over when you turn back to flesh), then enchant a slime canister to go back to flesh, boom, you basically have access to something almost as good as the buggy menu but its 100% legit. For colors though you'll have to visit Kate in the shopping arcade. Either this was a major oversight on Inno's part or its intentional, because aside from stat changes which are usually temporary, using potions to transform is completely obsolete.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
I only use the buggy menu, because Kate is currently still broken (cannot recolor nipples or anus).

Edit: and so is the youko self transformation menu. I'm pretty sure the only properly functioning transformation menus are slime, demon, and buggy.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I don't know if it was 100% intentional, but it certainly is an accepted option now with only genuine exploits like accessing special races getting fixed.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I don't know if it was 100% intentional, but it certainly is an accepted option now with only genuine exploits like accessing special races getting fixed.
What do you mean "special races"?

Edit: On a separate note, I don't know if I did something or what, but demon horns are now classed as "no race" and I can't access them outside of the debug menu.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
So the demon Transformation menu is borked too? wow the racial code updates really screwed up pretty much every single self transformation menu except slime.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
So the demon Transformation menu is borked too? wow the racial code updates really screwed up pretty much every single self transformation menu except slime.
I don't read the TL;DR patch notes; was there another rework between 0.3.13 and 0.3.15? Because this wasn't a problem in 0.3.13.

organord

Jun 10, 2020
What do you mean "special races"?
Anything that is story-locked, and isn't meant to be accessible via just throwing together a bunch of the right TFs.

For example, demon race should only be gained via taking Lyssieth's offer.
This is why they fixed the slime method to become a demon - demonic parts now revert to regular human parts on slime-to-flesh TF.
For a while, demonic horse parts still worked when returning to flesh, as an oversight. I haven't checked if they fixed that recently or not.

Edit: On a separate note, I don't know if I did something or what, but demon horns are now classed as "no race" and I can't access them outside of the debug menu.

The five main horn types (curled, spiral, curved, swept-back, straight) are no longer limited to demons, and instead are generically available for all races who lack special horn types in the same way that feathered/leathery wings are.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Anything that is story-locked, and isn't meant to be accessible via just throwing together a bunch of the right TFs.

For example, demon race should only be gained via taking Lyssieth's offer.
This is why they fixed the slime method to become a demon - demonic parts now revert to regular human parts on slime-to-flesh TF.
For a while, demonic horse parts still worked when returning to flesh, as an oversight. I haven't checked if they fixed that recently or not.

I can't access horns in the demon TF menu now so thanks a lot Inno.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
So to give them to other races demons were completely stripped of the ability to create and modify their horns? that seems like there needs to be a multi race tag, because adding the no race tag locks that option out of the self transformation tab. is Inno trying to force the use of slime canisters to try and salvage the utterly demolished essence economy?

organord

Jun 10, 2020
I can't access horns in the demon TF menu now so thanks a lot Inno.
So to give them to other races demons were completely stripped of the ability to create and modify their horns? that seems like there needs to be a multi race tag, because adding the no race tag locks that option out of the self transformation tab. is Inno trying to force the use of slime canisters to try and salvage the utterly demolished essence economy?
Yeah it seems to be a janky oversight.

Those horns are no longer exclusive to demons, but it makes no sense why demons can no longer access them in their TF menu. They should be usable by any race without dedicated horn types, demonic or otherwise.

Hopefully fixed next version, since v0.3.15 is the one that broke it.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
honestly, I don't know what will be fixed next version, because this patch broke so many things. the only self transformation menu that works properly is slime, the offspring map lags the game and can possibly induce a crash due to an internal conflict. and to top it off, this version has some of the most severe memory leaks I've seen so far.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes