Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
As for that background, I would think it would make the MC into the stereotypical otaku, fat and so physically unfit otherwise that they look like they could kick the bucket at any moment while sitting around their room gaming nonstop.
A character from an aristocratic background might not have ever worked for a wage or salary, but that doesn't mean their family put up with them being idle. The typical young person fresh out of an English boarding school would be of at least above-average fitness and used to a quite disciplined life.

For an idea of what an "old school" boarding experience is actually like, consider that when Stephen Fry was imprisoned for credit card fraud in his late teens, he found the experience allowed more freedom than what he was used to.

So, I agree that the stats granted are OP, but someone from that background would be unlikely to be "otaku-like".

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
There's not been any main story progression at all since we got told by lyssieth to go to Elis.
Well shit...

The development was kinda slow back then as well, so I figured I'd just ignore this for a while and then come back to all kinds of new content. If it's just a year's worth of item recoloring and fuckable capybaras then that's thoroughly disappointing.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
This will probably never happen.

It would be great if there was some kind of character avatar creator that could generate a portrait from the stats, but the sheer number of options presents a huge obstacle. Consider that there are 125 variations of torso without taking breasts into account (5 kinds of muscle tone, 5 sizes, 5 gender types).
The secret to doing that is not to account for every possible option in favor of a more generalized approach. Modders made a pixel art character viewer for COC1 that works pretty good.

Reactions: Arkus86

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
The secret to doing that is not to account for every possible option in favor of a more generalized approach. Modders made a pixel art character viewer for COC1 that works pretty good.
no it didnt, lol. I remember the feature and it definitely didnt look good at all nor could it keep up with the possibilities of character customization. And if this what-if character generator was a thing, not accounting for every possible option greatly diminishes the look of the character. playing a tiny fat imp? sorry, the generator only features skinny average height people. whats that? got a fat juicy ass? sorry, we only got 1 ass size here. thats just the tip of the iceberg, and those are things that the COC 1 character generator couldnt do.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
no it didnt, lol. I remember the feature and it definitely didnt look good at all nor could it keep up with the possibilities of character customization. And if this what-if character generator was a thing, not accounting for every possible option greatly diminishes the look of the character. playing a tiny fat imp? sorry, the generator only features skinny average height people. whats that? got a fat juice ass? sorry, we only got 1 ass size here. thats just the tip of the iceberg, and those are things that the COC 1 character generator couldnt do.
Yeah, well, compromises have to be made. An abstraction is better than nothing at all.

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
This will probably never happen.

It would be great if there was some kind of character avatar creator that could generate a portrait from the stats, but the sheer number of options presents a huge obstacle. Consider that there are 125 variations of torso without taking breasts into account (5 kinds of muscle tone, 5 sizes, 5 gender types).
I liked the approach used in Lust Doll Plus. It's basically a paper doll system.
LD+ Character.PNG
The body part you choose determines the size in that game.
That's the only practical way that I can think of to implement something like this.
It's only feasible when there are up to 5 variations per category.

Reactions: Arkus86

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
Yeah, well, compromises have to be made. An abstraction is better than nothing at all.
like i said before, if there's anything to take from CoC 1 its to not repeat its mistakes. Sometimes it actually better to not try at all than to go in knowing that your chances of failure is very high if not guaranteed. Sometimes, nothing at all is better than trying. I wouldnt even pay an artist who has the patience of a saint and the free time of school kid on summer vacation to do something like this because of how impossible of a task it is.

As for compromises, whats the point of a character generator if all thats gonna come out is bland looking samey character designs, just in different colors. Again, at that point, might as well not even bother.

Reactions: 0culus

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
like i said before, if there's anything to take from CoC 1 its to not repeat its mistakes. Sometimes it actually better to not try at all than to go in knowing that your chances of failure is very high if not guaranteed. Sometimes, nothing at all is better than trying. I wouldnt even pay an artist who has the patience of a saint and the free time of school kid on summer vacation to do something like this because of how impossible of a task it is.

As for compromises, whats the point of a character generator if all thats gonna come out is bland looking samey character designs, just in different colors. Again, at that point, might as well not even bother.
God, you make it sound like an abortion. Are you telling me it's too much to just fill in the details yourself? It has to be frame perfect to be worth the trouble?

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
God, you make it sound like an abortion. Are you telling me it's too much to just fill in the details yourself? It has to be frame perfect to be worth the trouble?
For me personally it's easier to fill in the details in my head if I don't have to work with an "abstraction" that looks nothing like I imagine the character. I have yet to see a paperdoll model or generator for random characters that produces even remotely appealing results.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
For me personally it's easier to fill in the details in my head if I don't have to work with an "abstraction" that looks nothing like I imagine the character. I have yet to see a paperdoll model or generator for random characters that produces even remotely appealing results.
Fair enough. Personally, I feel like the pixel art style helps smooth over those inconsistencies.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Has anyone actually played this yet? I haven't had a chance yet and I want to know if the offspring map is still f****ed beyond all repair. I didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes and I'm wondering if Inno spent all that time faffing around without fixing a consistent source of CTDS.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
Has anyone actually played this yet? I haven't had a chance yet and I want to know if the offspring map is still f****ed beyond all repair. I didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes and I'm wondering if Inno spent all that time faffing around without fixing a consistent source of CTDS.
ive beeten the story content so far and faffed arund with the side stuff the childe map works as inteneded which will only spawn child if they are the race that would spawn in said tile and as of right now im just waiting for more story content befor i play again

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
This is incredibly fucking annoying. How the fuck do you make this little progress within a FUCKING MONTH. Like Jesus fucking christ dude. I get that it is free, but god damn dude.
Ha. How do you make this little progress in a month? This is a picky artist developing in JAVA. You're lucky you got any progress in a year.

Reactions: alex2011

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
WARNING THE WIN64 EXECUTABLE DOWNLOADED FROM HERE TRIED TO ACESS A FILE IN MY PROFILE THAT HAD CRYPTO IN THE PATH AND WAS BLOCKED BY MY ANTIVIRUS.
I don't fuck around with crypto currencies but I thought I should let you guys know.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes