tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
On the plus side, it's open source, so if it gets abandoned there's always a chance someone sees that as an opportunity to pick it up themselves
The source code is available, but it's not open source. There's a very good chance that Inno is going to change the licensing to restrict free use of her writing as well. Doubly so if anyone ever makes a version that's more popular than the original.

And the game will never be abandoned for as long as Inno can milk it. This is her primary source of income, why would you ever give that up when you could pull a star citizen with it.

Is that really going in the game? Just look at those ridiculous buffs, not that they're needed since this game has the balance of a one-legged Parkinson's patient.
Yeah, what a dumb new background. First, why would 'never having worked a day in your life' make you *MORE* physically fit and a better fighter? And second, those buffs are stupid. I guess it'll be even easier to legitimately hit the "super high damage over killing even bosses" point.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, what a dumb new background. First, why would 'never having worked a day in your life' make you *MORE* physically fit and a better fighter? And second, those buffs are stupid. I guess it'll be even easier to legitimately hit the "super high damage over killing even bosses" point.
It would take a real galaxy-sized brain to come up with an easier way of leveling than a second level perk that lets you steal half the xp of any non-story NPC you fuck. Not defeat, fuck.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It would take a real galaxy-sized brain to come up with an easier way of leveling than a second level perk that lets you steal half the xp of any non-story NPC you fuck. Not defeat, fuck.
I don't think this perk manages that.

That perk combined with the majority of the NPCs in the brothel being level 9 is going to be *real* hard to beat. I don't know if you can actually trigger combat fast enough to beat that.

I also just realized you get a free 25% to all resistances. Resistances are not a stat. Everything is shielding right now.

I wonder if she's reworking the combat system, or if she just wrote the wrong thing. Probably wrote the wrong thing.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
I don't think this perk manages that.

That perk combined with the majority of the NPCs in the brothel being level 9 is going to be *real* hard to beat. I don't know if you can actually trigger combat fast enough to beat that.

I also just realized you get a free 25% to all resistances. Resistances are not a stat. Everything is shielding right now.

I wonder if she's reworking the combat system, or if she just wrote the wrong thing. Probably wrote the wrong thing.
It would be completely on-brand for Inno to get sidetracked into reworking combat though

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
I was 'bout to go and post to say how i appreciate how this game's able to cater to a fuckload of stuff even for non-furry/TF enthusiasts, but i think i'm just gonna nope out of that entire conversation.
I only found out about the game yesterday, i ain't digging through the entire thread just to get a whole asston of "dev bad" comments (as true as it might be)

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I was 'bout to go and post to say how i appreciate how this game's able to cater to a fuckload of stuff even for non-furry/TF enthusiasts, but i think i'm just gonna nope out of that entire conversation.
I only found out about the game yesterday, i ain't digging through the entire thread just to get a whole asston of "dev bad" comments (as true as it might be)
You should have seen the dev blog's comments.

Reactions: PussyPassAnon

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
I just don't think that repeating the same thing (as valid as it might be, mind!) ad nauseam has a point.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The game --appears-- to cater to a wide variety of fetishes, but in reality, all that it offers at the moment is pretty shallow and inconsequential. You don't notice it ATM because the game is pretty good at making a newcomer feel overwhelmed with the "amount of content" it promises. Like being impressed by how wide the ocean is, only to step in and realize the water only goes up to your ankles. I don't remember Inno ever finishing anything she started working on. Of course, one could argue that the game is still in development and these things will happen in time... but as it stands, right now, it's really not that much.

You may think we're all jaded assholes who love to complain... You're just the "new kid" who found a new toy and is all starry eyed about it. We all started like you, but we have long since moved past the "disillusionment" phase. Alas, some of us have been here for years and have played pretty much everything the game has to offer ATM, and then some. We know how development goes, we know Inno's modus operandi. The game has received several revamps but it hasn't progressed all that much in 5 years of development. Its excruciating to see a game we were all so hopeful about, come crashing down like this...

So, enjoy the "new toy" feeling while it lasts. With a little patience and imagination, you can still eek out several hours' worth of entertainment.

Last edited:

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I mean, if they're going to get sidetracked by something, might as well be something that could improve the entire game. Combat could certainly use a rework/some balancing. I wrote about it a while back.
Since a proper rework of the combat system is probably going to require a rework of the perk and magic systems as well, that's a thread Inno would be well-advised to avoid pulling.

Really, at this point, "fixing" the mechanics/engine of this game is going to look a lot like "creating an entirely new engine and porting the content across". Tinkering and tweaking is just a waste of time.

Reactions: Arkus86

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Its excruciating to see a game we were all so hopeful about, come crashing down like this...
For me, one of the main draws of this game was that there was an actual plan. A clear idea of the shape of the "finished" game combined with a premise that facilitated incredible choice. But if Inno refuses to follow the plan and fails to make any of the choices meaningful (which is what she's done), then that potential means nothing.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Honestly, just ignore all of us and have fun with the game. Despite bitching about the game's design, it still fun and what not.

Sep 16, 2018
I think the draw of a game like this is the world building and right now that "world" is a city and some sewers. I keep an older version of the game from about 2 years ago on my hard drive to mess around with the files and it's kind of jarring how little difference there is between that version and the most recent one. I mean there are some new features but beyond that there's nowhere new to explore and not a lot of new things to try out, it's the same gameplay loop but now there's a chance to encounter alligator vagina or whatever.

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
The most infuriating thing in the world is when you have a trashcan slow-mo trainwreck like this but it offers an experience you actually cannot quite get anywhere else (especially when the closest you get is a different trainwreck stares at CoC2 and TiTS)

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
The most infuriating thing in the world is when you have a trashcan slow-mo trainwreck like this but it offers an experience you actually cannot quite get anywhere else (especially when the closest you get is a different trainwreck stares at CoC2 and TiTS)
I feel ya, buddy.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
the health yeah that is dumb but not the main thing after all 10 health is nothing in the battle but a better fighter does make sense look at the things getting the buff range and melee those are thing that the can afford and have the time to do training and the corruption makes sense but i would remove the resistances because it makes no sense. to summarize remove the health and resistances and replace them with a increase the buff from 25% to 50% but give a negative that things cost 50% more because rich people probably don't know the common prices

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018

I read this trait as giving you 0.25 of every type of shielding per 1 corruption. So at 20 corruption, you would have 5 health/physical/lust/fire/etc. shielding. Which would essentially be 10 shielding against anything, since health shielding works against everything.

And just from the resistances alone, this trait is busted. If you look up how much enchantment capacity it costs to get +10 shielding against all, just at 20 corruption this is already better than any other trait out there (+10 to all shielding costs 50 cap, +10 physique for example costs just 15) . Nevermind at 100 corruption, plus the melee and ranged weapon buffs. This would just be far and away the best background trait in the game.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Can I make transformative items? if so How?
Enchant a food item. Took me a while to notice that was an option too, every other mechanic in the game is tutorialized and signposted with giant neon arrows, but this particular bit goes almost totally unexplained.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes