NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
No, it's "Crit on third usage", but on things that you can't use three times in one turn because they cost 2 AP per use.
Like your All-out-attack, or whatever it's called.

Also, is there a point to blocking? From what I can see, it blocks like 7hp damage, but even a basic melee attack deals around double that.
If you actually spec into melee then a melee attack can do 20-damage per turn easily.
What stat governs the block action, or is it just a waste of a turn?
Same for resist, I guess.
Blocking is pretty much something for first levels/before you get actual defences mechanic, also if you block 3 times in a row you crit block making it so you can raise your defence to 28 health block (health means it blocks damage from any source except lust) also not sure 100% but i think that 7hp block increases the better your physique is? again not fully sure on that.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
just me or elemental defender is a shitty perk/one of the few that needs updating? (as far as i get it just gives ya a +1 shielding to all elemental damage types...am i using it wrong?)

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Blocking is pretty much something for first levels/before you get actual defences mechanic, also if you block 3 times in a row you crit block making it so you can raise your defence to 28 health block (health means it blocks damage from any source except lust) also not sure 100% but i think that 7hp block increases the better your physique is? again not fully sure on that.
But is there really a point to doing that since you always move first? It can be helpful if you have healing over time, but that seems like it's about it.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
But is there really a point to doing that since you always move first? It can be helpful if you have healing over time, but that seems like it's about it.
Again, is only usefull during the first few levels where you might need to do "Damage Regulation"C(aka: Reduce the damage you're tacking somewhat to not die before your opponent does) i tend to use it to block and let the Regenerator perk heal me when i'm too low on health, but by the time i'm level 13 or so that tactic is already useless since i've made enough money to enchant my clothes and make them give me an actual shield so i can focus on attacking.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
All these discussions on tactics are lost on me. I can hit level three on the first night, and then be level 50 with infinite money and full enchants before ever seeing combat again. And like, there's a half dozen ways to pull that off. And the only way around those methods is gimping yourself to "grind out random encounters forever", which doesn't actually require any tactics or thought until you're doing the demon packs. But you won't bother doing those until you're finished with the game's progression anyways, because it's less of a curve and more of a single platuo.

The game's systems and balance are so bad that it seems like it should all be placeholder, talking about tactics just seems so pointless when its not needed or incentivized at all lol

Reactions: casio10ep

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
The game's systems and balance are so bad that it seems like it should all be placeholder, talking about tactics just seems so pointless when its not needed or incentivized at all lol
I'm surprised Inno hasn't included a skip/auto battle option by now, seeing as it provides nothing in terms of engagement, fun or interesting teasing scenes

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
You're absolutely correct in that, i cannot argue with you on that aspect so i'll simply say there's something basic, almost primal in me that likes to have the "biggest number stick" to hit the enemies over the head with and thus i enjoy playing by Inno's rules, using the silly limits and everything and still curbstomping everything the game has to offer combat-wise in 1 turn (2 if there's more than 4 enemies at a time seeing how Earth Elemental+Claymore+Hit stuff as her only command=Return to Monke)

King_Of_Derp

Jan 10, 2020
As a future game designer, I can attest that, if you are looking to exploit the game, you can very easily do so. As soon as you get slaves and the milking machine up and running, you pretty much can get anything you want.

When you get a lot of money from selling the fluids, you can just strait up buy essence and do infinite enchanting. The only thing that can hold you back is the enchantment limit turned on.

In all honesty, I think Inno is a better story teller than a game designer when I think about it. The world and characters seem pretty fleshed out, this is more equivalent to a advanced choose your own adventure book than a game. BUT, I will say that the fetish mechanic and perk tree is pretty good. With a bit more refining, those can turn into a very well made mechanic that make this game stand out.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
As a future game designer, I can attest that, if you are looking to exploit the game, you can very easily do so. As soon as you get slaves and the milking machine up and running, you pretty much can get anything you want.

When you get a lot of money from selling the fluids, you can just strait up buy essence and do infinite enchanting. The only thing that can hold you back is the enchantment limit turned on.
The trick to that one is enslaving a couple demons, and using their self transform to max out production. Just use an auto-clicker, because it takes about 900 clicks.

And that's only one way to do it. The prostitution system is equally broken, combined with the perk that gives you XP on enemy orgasm you can basically hit level 50 and have enough money for anything you want in five minutes.

There's a bunch of other methods, but frankly, there's no reason to bother with anything else.

In all honesty, I think Inno is a better story teller than a game designer when I think about it. The world and characters seem pretty fleshed out, this is more equivalent to a advanced choose your own adventure book than a game. BUT, I will say that the fetish mechanic and perk tree is pretty good. With a bit more refining, those can turn into a very well made mechanic that make this game stand out.
Uhh....

Lets say she's a good world builder. I'll be okay agreeing with that.

The early writing was okay, but its become really clear that there's no real plan for the writing. Everything is disjointed as hell and most of the MSQ just seems to be made up on the fly to introduce sandbox elements. And then we get to stuff like Nyan's quest, which is our latest work to judge... it's not good. Its really, really badly written. Like, shitty fanfic levels of bad at times.

Honestly, I'm really anticipating the new content just for the writing. It's gotten to "so bad it's good" levels for me. But not really good, just funny.

CrimsonAegis

Jul 6, 2019
Is there a way to prevent NPCs from automatically ending sex after being satisfied? I don't remember this occurring in certain older builds of the game, but maybe the "never-ending sex" thing was a glitch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
The early writing was okay, but its become really clear that there's no real plan for the writing. Everything is disjointed as hell and most of the MSQ just seems to be made up on the fly to introduce sandbox elements. And then we get to stuff like Nyan's quest, which is our latest work to judge... it's not good. Its really, really badly written. Like, shitty fanfic levels of bad at times.
The earlier tangent about Cloud Meadow reminded me of something I did particularly appreciate from those devs, that at least 2-3 times just since I became aware of that game someone went back and did pretty major overhauls of the writing. The dialogue style/tone changed considerably, though I mostly only remember the initial hammy and comedic tone and the more normal style of the last time I played, couldn't tell you what the one in between was as it's been too long.

It's another of those situations where Inno could really use additional devs dividing up the work, so they or someone else on the team could go back and do some polishing of things like this too. As it is, I can't remember any significant writing changes in the time I've known about LT and I'll be surprised if we ever see any, just because development seems like such a struggle as it is.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
The inventory is really, really bad. It's like they ripped off Terraria, but did it worse, and the inventory is widely agreed to be the worst part of Terarria.
I suggested her to add a "Merge to existing stacks" button before but it seems that she didn't notice... It'd solve so many problems, really.

The only surprise there is that we got blog post so early.
Well, she did promise to "have something" on Friday night, and to nobody's surprise, it was a delay post. I really thought that there would at least be a patch or something slightly usable.

To be honest, I hope that the game will return to its weekly basis after 0.4. Inno has finished refactoring the system, things should be easier to mod and develop, right? Upgrading buildings, making your own house, deeper interactions, some new weird fetishes and species (like how modding ovipositor for spiders took a lot of time), etc. I can think of a million reasons why this game is going to be stalled, again. I guess she will either abandon the game and let modders take over, or start hiring more people to work on it in the future. If she keeps making the game solo like this I'll need an ouija board to play the 1.0 version of this trainwreck.

xfto

Dec 1, 2019
its been a few months since i looked at the blog to inform myself on whats the excuse this time, but i see, nothing has changed, everything as expected to be....
i feel like this should become the next yandere-dev meme.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
its been a few months since i looked at the blog to inform myself on whats the excuse this time, but i see, nothing has changed, everything as expected to be....
i feel like this should become the next yandere-dev meme.
Yeah, a few months is definitely not long enough for anything to change with LT lol

Even simple content takes at least 6 months, and usually gets released half done or with placeholders.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes