Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
I wanted to try out the Demon-transformation and started with blue blood, but got stuck at 50 corruption.

Is there any reliable way to gain more outside of fetishes and clothing or did I manage to brick myself?
Chug a couple of the transformation items you get from defeating Slimes. Each one of them raises your corruption by 25. Just be sure to save one to undo the transformation, but not before giving your character whatever transformations you desire with a Slime's ability to gain any race's body parts since they will remain once you unslime yourself.

Best place to hunt for slimes is in the bat caves, in case you were wondering.

Reactions: Carl0sDanger

Tungarth

Jun 19, 2018
Alright, lots of creative ways to go about then, thanks a lot.

I went all in with fetishes way too early I guess, so clothing worked out fine.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Chug a couple of the transformation items you get from defeating Slimes. Each one of them raises your corruption by 25. Just be sure to save one to undo the transformation, but not before giving your character whatever transformations you desire with a Slime's ability to gain any race's body parts since they will remain once you unslime yourself.

Best place to hunt for slimes is in the bat caves, in case you were wondering.
I read the original question and my reaction was, "Stuck at 50 Corruption? Stuck?"

But then, to those of us who use sliming/unsliming to set up our Aristocrat MCs, 50 Corruption is what we had for breakfast.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Pretty sure games are for entertainment first and foremost mate
Because, of course, challenge and entertainment are mutually exclusive and everyone thinks exactly like you in that they don't find challenge to be fun nor entertaining, I guess.
Hahaha. But, sure. Whatever you say, buddy.
I guess a game can't have both challenge and sandboxiness, especially when it has adjustable difficulties, like any other video game since the dawn of gaming.

EDIT: By the way, it's funny how you claim a dude is trying to enforce a game's definition on others when the part of your post he responded to -- the same part to which to I am also -- is you literally trying to enforce your own beliefs about what a game is on the rest of us, which he challenged. You're at least self-aware enough to have realized that though.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to keep spinning around and around in this never ending void of endless, irrelevant NPC add-ons and side quests!

Last edited:

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
Because, of course, challenge and entertainment are mutually exclusive and everyone thinks exactly like you in that they don't find challenge to be fun nor entertaining, I guess.
I really hate talking with my dad about videogames sometimes, because he doesn't understand how games being hard can be enjoyable. Which would be ok, if he didn't say that for an upteenth time already

Reactions: PussyPassAnon

astralbunny

Sep 27, 2019
Does anybody knows how to get the hidden or special perks?

Like the doomguy you get by killing all imps in the fortress

I have heard of Health Fanatic, one that has to do with Arcane, and one that let's you wear any type of clothes of the other gender, that is not the fetish thing, also any other hidden perks anyone knows?

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

I have heard of Health Fanatic, one that has to do with Arcane, and one that let's you wear any type of clothes of the other gender, that is not the fetish thing, also any other hidden perks anyone knows?
Shit, I thought there was only the one. How many are there lmao

The game's progression is so fuck that in the first like, 15 to 20 minutes I'll hit level 50 and then never look at the perks again. I've probably gotten them without realizing it and then never activated any of them.

Harel

Jun 19, 2018

Looking at the code, only the IMP_SLAYER perk ('Doomguy/Doomgirl') is added to PCs. The SPECIAL_CLOTHING_[Gender]_INDIFFERENCE perks are not added to the PC in-game, and only the 'Daddy' character gets the masculine clothing one. The other special perks (Demon transformation options, etc) aren't granted yet. The Arcane Training, Slut, Martial Training, Fitness Fanatic, etc look like they're randomly assigned to some NPCs, but I'm not positive.

• Red Heart
Reactions: astralbunny

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
The Arcane Training, Slut, Martial Training, Fitness Fanatic, etc look like they're randomly assigned to some NPCs, but I'm not positive.
I didn't meet anyone with Arcane Training yet, but Dominion muggers often have one of those perks, so yeah, it seems to be an NPC thing.

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everyone, I was curious to know if there was a way to somehow keep my saved files? Every time I close the game my saves for whatever version of this game as well as exported characters are always deleted and it gets frustrating when I have to keep doing the same missions, again and again, to get back to where I previously was before I ended my playthrough session.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I was curious to know if there was a way to somehow keep my saved files? Every time I close the game my saves for whatever version of this game as well as exported characters are always deleted and it gets frustrating when I have to keep doing the same missions, again and again, to get back to where I previously was before I ended my playthrough session.
I haven't heard of this issue before, but before you close you can just copy the data folder somewhere else and then paste it back in when you re-launch.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I have never even heard of anyone having a problem with this.

Everyone else is just saving games and exporting characters, then using those files when they want. You really haven't given any information as to what's happening.

Inside the zipped folder you downloaded and unzipped (in the exe version), there should be two txt files (readme and disclaimer), one folder (jre) and the exe file itself. Upon saving a game or exporting a character, a second folder called "data" will be created that contains the error log (if the size of this file baloons, delete it), an xml and two sub-folders labelled "characters" and "saves". Obviously, your save files are supposed to be ending up in that folder.

Can you see if the game is saving files at all while the game is still running?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I was having a similar issue on my end, except instead of losing progress the game simply wouldn't save. On top of every action taking 2-3 seconds to respond (even during the character creation, on a brand new installation) every time I told the game to save it just wouldn't. Don't know why. In my case, the solution was to switch to the x64 exe version.

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
I have never even heard of anyone having a problem with this.

Everyone else is just saving games and exporting characters, then using those files when they want. You really haven't given any information as to what's happening.

Inside the zipped folder you downloaded and unzipped (in the exe version), there should be two txt files (readme and disclaimer), one folder (jre) and the exe file itself. Upon saving a game or exporting a character, a second folder called "data" will be created that contains the error log (if the size of this file baloons, delete it), an xml and two sub-folders labelled "characters" and "saves". Obviously, your save files are supposed to be ending up in that folder.

Can you see if the game is saving files at all while the game is still running?

Hello again. The game isn't saving my files at all, whatsoever. Whether I just started and ran around before saving immediately or I decided to play a bit longer, no matter how many times the game "saves", no data folder is ever created. I don't know if this helps but I'm currently playing with the Windows x64 version. And now after wanting to check something in the files(without moving any files or otherwise messing with said files, I have an error that says "Dialogue for 'STAIRCASE_UP' not found! (Make sure that the 'res' folder is in the same directory as the .jar or .exe.)" which pretty much preventing any text from showing up.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Hello again. The game isn't saving my files at all, whatsoever. Whether I just started and ran around before saving immediately or I decided to play a bit longer, no matter how many times the game "saves", no data folder is ever created. I don't know if this helps but I'm currently playing with the Windows x64 version. And now after wanting to check something in the files(without moving any files or otherwise messing with said files, I have an error that says "Dialogue for 'STAIRCASE_UP' not found! (Make sure that the 'res' folder is in the same directory as the .jar or .exe.)" which pretty much preventing any text from showing up.
Sounds like a permission issue I ran into once.

Just give everyone full permissions to the game folder. You can probably do it while its running and still save.

Reactions: BaloneyAmone

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
Where did you unzip the files to? Some locations (Program Files, etc.) require administrator permissions. Consider making a folder in your user account folder and unzipping the game to that and see if it works.

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
Where did you unzip the files to? Some locations (Program Files, etc.) require administrator permissions. Consider making a folder in your user account folder and unzipping the game to that and see if it works.
Honestly, I just opened the zipped file and clicked on the exe. file and played that way. I just tried your suggestion and it worked, so thank you very much!

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
Honestly, I just opened the zipped file and clicked on the exe. file and played that way. I just tried your suggestion and it worked, so thank you very much!
You're welcome. Yeah, running a file from a 'zip' uses the temp files folder, and you might have access issues. Glad it was that simple.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes