tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Personally, i don't care. I'm not the one paying her for doing nothing, after all.
If her patrons like paying her just because, then by all means. It's their money in the end.
Plenty of games to play out there, which is exactly what i've been doing. :giggle: :coffee:
I mean, "care" might be a strong word for describing how I feel about all of this. "Amused by" would be appropriate.

It's like all those people that start going on about how someone is mad on the internet because they commented on something. Nah, not mad. Bored. Most of my time on the internet is because I'm bored. Like, I made that comment while literally waiting for water to boil. This shitshow of a development cycle is more amusing than boiling water lol

The game itself, not so much. Maybe when we get new content sometime next year.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I thought that was the same for pretty much everyone.
It's just that instead of growing your lard in front of a TV, you choose grow your lard in front of a PC. :ROFLMAO:

And so we come to the crux huh. :ROFLMAO:
Hey, don't get me wrong, the bit with meraxis was actually pretty decent. It just took like... a year to get some decent content.

None of Nyan's rework counts. That was all bad. So maybe more than a year. The awful bit with Nyan's mom was like, 8 months ago. Doesn't that blow your mind? 2021 has been fast as fuck, despite not being particularly better than 2020.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
how do u change on how u travel like i grew wing enough for me to fly then ill ask how to fly?cause i always walk
You always navigate around the map by walking. Wings and teleportation powers improve your ability to fast travel (and wings additionally have a couple baked-in fast travel opportunities for quests) under Maps in the phone. Wings allow you to fly to outdoors locations, while Teleport takes you to almost any tile in five in-game seconds. Both of them allow you to avoid encounters that you may run through.

Reactions: Strikerpaladin

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
Welcome to the Lilith's Throne thread. You're in good company.

Don't worry, eventually you'll work your way through the six stages of grief and end up on last, rarely spoken about step. Laughter.
I really want to laugh right now. I'm just currently very frustrated right now with trying to play it. I want to give this game a chance, but the problems are making it hard to.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I really want to laugh right now. I'm just currently very frustrated right now with trying to play it. I want to give this game a chance, but the problems are making it hard to.
Well, basically don't pop too many kids in this game and you'll be fine... more or less. :D

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Except the fact that I haven't popped any at all, yet I still run into a number of problems in the game. Like I said, the game runs like ass.
Yeah, that's because the game runs like ass.

It's a problem with how the game runs. Which is like ass.

There's not really a way around it other than having a computer that can brute force it, and keeping as few NPCs spawned into the world as possible. It's been like, four years of complaining about these issues, including people profiling the game and figuring exactly what the issue is, but nothing has changed. So that's probably just going to be the best advice until added content includes too many NPCs and makes the game completely unplayable.

Which is where you might be, sorry.

Like, even if I put my normal cynical, pesimisitic persona on hold, there's not really a solution I can give you. Sorry.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
including people profiling the game and figuring exactly what the issue is
Fork the repo and fix it? At the pace development is going (I would call it "glacial" but that's discrediting global warming at this point) the branch would only need to be slightly rebased once or twice a year at most. And this site being what it is the lack of Open Source licence doesn't really matter either.

Sure would be funny if a pirate forum ended up developing a better game than the actual dev, not that we can be bothered to do so let alone agree on anything beyond performance boosts :ROFLMAO:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Fork the repo and fix it? At the pace development is going (I would call it "glacial" but that's discrediting global warming at this point) the branch would only need to be slightly rebased once or twice a year at most. And this site being what it is the lack of Open Source licence doesn't really matter either.

Sure would be funny if a pirate forum ended up developing a better game than the actual dev, not that we can be bothered to do so let alone agree on anything beyond performance boosts :ROFLMAO:
People have fixed parts of it, but I'm not getting into the complete redesign that would be required to fix this one. A few of the biggest performance improvements came from these discussions. But I'm definitely not touching it while Inno is constantly taking weeks off and this game is supposed to be her full time job. I'm not going to support her in that way. If she starts taking the project seriously, maybe I'll consider it. But even then, I'm probably not touching this one. It's a major design issue that's going to take a lot of work to fix, and I just don't think I'm going to do that for free.

But hey, I got sick of seeing people say "bla bla bla make your own game then" and started making my own game. Which is more reason why I'm not going to fix a lazy developer's work for free.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
People have fixed parts of it, but I'm not getting into the complete redesign that would be required to fix this one.
Ah sorry, didn't mean to point at you specifically. The way you phrased it made it sound like most of the lag would be remedied with some trivial fix such as "swap these two function calls" or "check NPC is in the active tile before updating". But I guess those parts were donated to Inno already then.

I think everyone agrees that we need more Meraxis. :giggle: :coffee:
The first Chuuni duel is a better "romance quest" than the content actually logged as such...

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Ah sorry, didn't mean to point at you specifically. The way you phrased it made it sound like most of the lag would be remedied with some trivial fix such as "swap these two function calls" or "check NPC is in the active tile before updating". But I guess those parts were donated to Inno already then.
Yeah, sorry. The changes needed would be substantial.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Has anyone figured out how to change the human height? I found all of the other race's settings, but I cant find the humans
Humans are one of the "internal" races in the game that don't have their information kept as XMLs and are built into the game itself, meaning you'll have to mod the game via forking the public build of the game on github in order to alter their height (or any other property).

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Well, that's not entirely out of the question. I was able to cut the save time in half with a .

I also have that defers status updates. I'm not entirely happy with that specific implementation, but it was a proof of concept at least. It doesn't help with LT's rampant memory consumption. That's a completely separate can of worms.

I need to get back to that at some point. The two biggest problems I have is that I have a lot of other projects I've been working on, and every time I go back to Java 8 I find myself missing modern C++/C#. :p

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes