BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
... Which one is Helena again?

I actually think I don't remember any character by name besides Liyila (which I can't be bothered to look up the actual spelling of her name) and Nyan. I haven't done Nyan's content, I just remember it because it's an incredibly stupid name for a character and reading that her rework apparently made her worse somehow.
Helena is the queen of the harpies. You encounter her during the main questline when trying to cajole Scarlett into giving you information on where Arthur ended up when he was enslaved. From what I remember, the romance questline is a bunch of "unbroken virgin" antics, as well as some lore stuff during the dates.
Regardless, dabbling in at least the initial piece of the romance (up to the point where you unlock dates with her) is worthwhile for getting the ability to buy custom slaves if you're not someone like me who has a dedicated save for rolling characters to import into my games.

Reactions: SheepPun and B2B2

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
From what I remember, the romance questline is a bunch of "unbroken virgin" antics, as well as some lore stuff during the dates.
Actually the first few "Romance quests" are a godawful simp simulator where you do menial fetch quests and labour EXPLICITLY DESCRIBED AS SUCH and the only reason it's even remotely bearable is because money is completely worthless in this game. Panic sex with Claire (TP quest) and the Meraxis Chuuni duel are more "romantic" (already a massive stretch of the word) and those aren't even classified as "romance" quests, Helena's are just awful.

And now you tell me there are gameplay-relevant features gated behind this trash, which on top of everything else appears to be timegated to several days of watching paint dry :FacePalm:

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
I'm not sure if it's still the case in the current version, but last time I tried this quest, it was not actually time-gated despite the game saying that it is.
As of version 4.1.0, the custom slave maker is still 'time gated', the gate being easily by passed by choosing to loiter around to rush past the time gate. Funnily enough, letting pain dry is one of the parts of this particular quest.

I wish I was joking, I really do.

Reactions: BaloneyAmone

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
So, two weeks ago Inno said she's post an update on the blog over the weekend. Then she didn't.

Then she posted a week ago on SubStar, not the blog, that she'd post again before the end of this weekend. Then she didn't.

When do you all think we'll hear about her week off? Next week? We're slowly getting more and more delays. We're getting right back where we were last year.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
So, two weeks ago Inno said she's post an update on the blog over the weekend. Then she didn't.

Then she posted a week ago on SubStar, not the blog, that she'd post again before the end of this weekend. Then she didn't.

When do you all think we'll hear about her week off? Next week? We're slowly getting more and more delays. We're getting right back where we were last year.
I don't know man, but I'm putting money on a blog post between the 15th and the 20th. I'm a piker, I know, but with Inno it's a month if it's a day.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
This right here is why I refuse to believe Lilith's Throne will be seeing any meaningful changes anytime soon. I'm pretty sure we've had as much content added from 4.0 onwards as we did from 3.10 to 4.0, both of which had a bloody long timeframe promising the same thing and failing to deliver.

Just checked to see how long it has been between 3.10 and 4.0, and 4.0 to present. Half a year for the former, 5 months for the latter. What are the odds that we aren't getting much of anything new from version 4.2 when it release sometime before next year?

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
I don't know man, but I'm putting money on a blog post between the 15th and the 20th. I'm a piker, I know, but with Inno it's a month if it's a day.
i'm betting 13-14, the two week mark might be too much for her to ignore. The real betting action is what her excuse will be this time. Sickness, stress, writers block?

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
I wonder when the creator will finally face the music and admit that spaghetti code has completely clogged their pipeline? What was even the point of adding so much bullshit before you have even finished the game?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I wonder when the creator will finally face the music and admit that spaghetti code has completely clogged their pipeline? What was even the point of adding so much bullshit before you have even finished the game?

Why would they? Her fanbase is still paying for her entire life. And she only needs to put in like, 2/3rds of the hours she'd need to with a real job. Maybe less than that.

What would be really funny is if it turns out she's actually a decent developer. Then all this work that's taking hundreds of hours was probably done in a couple days. She'd be working like, one or two days a week, only on weeks she doesn't take off, for years. That would be ridiculous, and I'd be forced to respect it. Like, she makes it sound like she's struggling to rework a simple part of the game, spends four months "working on it" but it was really done over a weekend and the rest was just spent doing whatever because fuck it. That'd be impressively awful lol

But lets be honest, that's not the case. If it was, the workflow would make some measure of sense.

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Why would they? Her fanbase is still paying for her entire life. And she only needs to put in like, 2/3rds of the hours she'd need to with a real job. Maybe less than that.

What would be really funny is if it turns out she's actually a decent developer. Then all this work that's taking hundreds of hours was probably done in a couple days. She'd be working like, one or two days a week, only on weeks she doesn't take off, for years. That would be ridiculous, and I'd be forced to respect it. Like, she makes it sound like she's struggling to rework a simple part of the game, spends four months "working on it" but it was really done over a weekend and the rest was just spent doing whatever because fuck it. That'd be impressively awful lol

But lets be honest, that's not the case. If it was, the workflow would make some measure of sense.
When it reaches a point where she literally gets nothing done, like even less than what gets done now. Her supporters may not give a shit, but that can't feel good, and ultimately she'll have to do something about it.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
When it reaches a point where she literally gets nothing done, like even less than what gets done now. Her supporters may not give a shit, but that can't feel good, and ultimately she'll have to do something about it.
Well, yeah. Take another holiday, most likely.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
i'm betting 13-14, the two week mark might be too much for her to ignore. The real betting action is what her excuse will be this time. Sickness, stress, writers block?
I'm gonna say sickness, and she won't specify what it is, just some variety of "I'm not feeling well."

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'm gonna say sickness, and she won't specify what it is, just some variety of "I'm not feeling well."
Based on past experience, that seems likely.

She's taken more days off this year than someone in my office who was dealing with cancer treatment.

Which, probably says more about American health care than Inno, but both can be terrible.

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
I've got a weird issue where I've got a slave who is "indifferent" towards my character, but is attracted to it. But for some reason if I start dominant sex with them it turns non-consensual once I perform any action. It's weird because I gain 5 affection when it starts and they say they want it at the start of the scene. Note I've made them ambiphilic with the hypno watch and removed all their hates/dislikes with enchanted equipment. Also submissive sex does not cause it to turn non-consensual or give me the massive 200 affection penalty.

Normally it should say "rape" on the sex options screen when it's non-consensual shouldn't it? Any ideas what's going on?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I've got a weird issue where I've got a slave who is "indifferent" towards my character, but is attracted to it. But for some reason if I start dominant sex with them it turns non-consensual once I perform any action. It's weird because I gain 5 affection when it starts and they say they want it at the start of the scene. Note I've made them ambiphilic with the hypno watch and removed all their hates/dislikes with enchanted equipment. Also submissive sex does not cause it to turn non-consensual or give me the massive 200 affection penalty.

Normally it should say "rape" on the sex options screen when it's non-consensual shouldn't it? Any ideas what's going on?
They have a rape ('unwilling fucktoy') fetish. Unfortunately, that one just reuses the real rape texts rather than a more obvious RP voice so it's easy to confuse.

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
They have a rape ('unwilling fucktoy') fetish. Unfortunately, that one just reuses the real rape texts rather than a more obvious RP voice so it's easy to confuse.
well if they are truly getting the -200 affection penalty at the end then it's being counted as a rape rather than just indulging the fuck toy fetish.
odd if true...
Is this slave related too you? If they are a child of yours, but don't have the incest fetish then they could be ambiphilic and still consider any sex with you to be rape.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes