Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
While that's true... I also don't really give a shit about a single one of those features lol

The games progression is so fucked that money, exp, essence and all the rest is completely and utterly pointless to modify. And if the only thing I'm going to use it for is modifying racial information, I can just do that by modifying the race's files directly.

Disabling all item drops would be nice I guess. But most inventory clutter is from enslaving someone and stripping them, which isn't items dropped as a victory reward.
...not woo-woo for devil's advocate, then. damn, and i was trying so hard, too!

Mar 18, 2020
Game keeps crashing and mentioning about encountering a fatal error in threadstate:4. It happens even when I use a clean version of the game. What's up with that? I have the latest Java version too.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Game keeps crashing and mentioning about encountering a fatal error in threadstate:4. It happens even when I use a clean version of the game. What's up with that? I have the latest Java version too.
I've never seen that one, sorry. We'd likely need more info to really know what's happening. What OS are you on and all that?

You might also want to ask on Discord, as I don't think I've seen this error posted here at all.

Mar 18, 2020
I've never seen that one, sorry. We'd likely need more info to really know what's happening. What OS are you on and all that?

You might also want to ask on Discord, as I don't think I've seen this error posted here at all.
Using a Mac. To describe the symptoms, it happens when I so much as highlight or click on a button. It's entirely random, but the frequency is so common that it's making the game almost unplayable. The bug already happened months ago, but it was very infrequent, but when I installed a new Java update, it started becoming very common. It happens on clean states of the game and older versions that didn't have this issue. So I suspect it's something to do with the version of Java on Mac. But I don't know how to downgrade to an older version of Java.

The log at the beginning says:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Using a Mac. To describe the symptoms, it happens when I so much as highlight or click on a button. It's entirely random, but the frequency is so common that it's making the game almost unplayable. The bug already happened months ago, but it was very infrequent, but when I installed a new Java update, it started becoming very common. It happens on clean states of the game and older versions that didn't have this issue. So I suspect it's something to do with the version of Java on Mac. But I don't know how to downgrade to an older version of Java.

The log at the beginning says:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that looks more like it's an issue with java itself than the game. either uninstall and reinstall java, or uninstall and reinstall LT. or both, to be safe.

EDIT: So i looked this up and can't find anything about this error at all, but it has been noted in the past that LT and Mac really dont like each other, so i think uninstalling and reinstalling both java and LT is your best bet for a fix

Mar 18, 2020
that looks more like it's an issue with java itself than the game. either uninstall and reinstall java, or uninstall and reinstall LT. or both, to be safe.

EDIT: So i looked this up and can't find anything about this error at all, but it has been noted in the past that LT and Mac really dont like each other, so i think uninstalling and reinstalling both java and LT is your best bet for a fix
I did both. But maybe Java didn't uninstall properly.
And yeah, I am aware this is an issue with Java, but I've done nothing to mess with Java, it just seems to be that Java's mac version appears to be incompatible with LT or something.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I did both. But maybe Java didn't uninstall properly.
And yeah, I am aware this is an issue with Java, but I've done nothing to mess with Java, it just seems to be that Java's mac version appears to be incompatible with LT or something.
So you say it's when interacting with buttons? We've had a (much milder) issue before with something in the tooltips breaking when the _2xx Java versions came out on PC. It's a long shot but try turning off "Text Fade-In" in the options. Otherwise try to get help on the discord but I dunno if any of the regulars actually have macs either.

Mar 18, 2020
So you say it's when interacting with buttons? We've had a (much milder) issue before with something in the tooltips breaking when the _2xx Java versions came out on PC. It's a long shot but try turning off "Text Fade-In" in the options. Otherwise try to get help on the discord but I dunno if any of the regulars actually have macs either.
Fade-in is already off actually.
I don't use Discord, but if all else fails I'll make an account and check it out.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Using a Mac.
M1 or Intel?

I can say that using Java 8 works fine on my Intel Mac, though I haven't tested it using that method on my M1 MBP. Given how Java and similar environments work it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of incompatibility with Rosetta.

Mar 18, 2020
M1 or Intel?

I can say that using Java 8 works fine on my Intel Mac, though I haven't tested it using that method on my M1 MBP. Given how Java and similar environments work it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of incompatibility with Rosetta.
Intel actually, it's a Mac from 2019. I am gonna uninstall and reinstall Java and see if it fixes the issue.

Update/Edit: It worked holy shit. Can't believe it was that simple. IMO maybe it was an issue with the cache? I uninstalled Java before weeks ago but when it gave me the option to clear the cache, I didn't do it, thinking it would fuck up some shit without realising it. But it ended up working here. Thanks for all the suggestions though. If anyone in the future has an issue with a fatal error in threadstate:4. All it takes is uninstalling and reinstalling Java

EDIT2: Nvm, spoke too soon. It crashed again. Same error upon highlighting a button. On the other hand though, the crashing seems a bit more rare this time and the game lasts longer.

Last edited:

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017

Hello again,
This is just a small update to let you know that so far this week I've managed to make progress on adding the basic content for the remaining shops in Elis's shopping precinct. As part of this I've added two new races, and just need to add the content (which will be limited to basic trading interactions) for the three shops before I can get this preview update released.
I'm aiming for having the preview ready by the start of next week, and I'll make another post on Sunday to let you know how things are going. Thank you all once again for your patience, and I'll see you again soon!
She gave a progress update, just more of the same

Curiousityseyes

Feb 6, 2020
How do you add people to your party, I was able to do it on an earlier version but I can't find any option for it now. Is it a bug or are there prerequisites I am missing?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
How do you add people to your party, I was able to do it on an earlier version but I can't find any option for it now. Is it a bug or are there prerequisites I am missing?
It's now an option in one of the menus. It defaults to off, so you have to enable it before you can add party members.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The companion system was deprecated a good while ago but you can still enable it in the game's options. Just keep in mind that it is no longer supported nor expanded upon so things are liable to break (even more so than usual).

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes