Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I'm not allowed to drunk program anymore. I kept writing code that functioned as intended, but was impossible to figure out how. Like, some friends and I would try and figure out what the hell I wrote and it wouldn't make sense. And if anyone tried to make sense of it or clean it up later, it would stop functioning entirely.
So what you're saying is that when you're under the influence you basically become a next level developer. To suppress that is just madness! ;)

Overplayed? How many fantasy games have exclusively human characters?
I never said that all of them have exclusively human characters, but the ratio of character types tend to be heavily skewed in that direction. Like, it's far more likely that you'll get a dozen humans and *insert lone random anthro species here*. Sure, in many cases it largely boils down to a different coat of paint, but fantasies, dammit.

I mean, I totally get why this is the case (most people aren't furry degenerates, after all :sneaky:). I'm just saying that I've seen and played enough human-on-human stuff over the years that it isn't all that interesting to me, so a game that's mostly that isn't likely to hold my interest unless it has a damn good hook (one notable example of that being Degrees of Lewdity—largely human content, but its gameplay loop is really interesting).

Reactions: MercurialQuark

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I never said that all of them have exclusively human characters, but the ratio of character types tend to be heavily skewed in that direction. Like, it's far more likely that you'll get a dozen humans and *insert lone random anthro species here*. Sure, in many cases it largely boils down to a different coat of paint, but fantasies, dammit.
I dunno, man. I've seen enough furry-focused H-games in my life to know that they're not uncommon. I can't imagine that it's very difficult to find what you're looking for. I mean, there's not gonna be that perfect game that hits all the right notes, but considering how big both genres are, there must be plenty of options.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
So what you're saying is that when you're under the influence you basically become a next level developer. To suppress that is just madness! ;)
On one hand, that might be true. On the other hand, I nearly destroyed my liver getting through my cryptography electives.

I swear to god basically every assignment in that class would involve me breaking my brain over bullshit mathematical magic only to give up and go out drinking with friends. Then I'd wake up in the morning and find out that my homework was done. And apparently I'm a snarky drunk, because my comments got progressively more self deprecating as the semester went on lol

You never want to try and figure out what you did only to see a comment from yourself, telling yourself that you won't understand lol

It would have been fine, but I always got weird looks for bringing a flask to test days.

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
I dunno, man. I've seen enough furry-focused H-games in my life to know that they're not uncommon. I can't imagine that it's very difficult to find what you're looking for. I mean, there's not gonna be that perfect game that hits all the right notes, but considering how big both genres are, there must be plenty of options.
I feel like it doesn't matter how many options there are, people will want more. How many harem games there are? Or rape? Or... monster and e.t.c.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I've found plenty of good smut, and have expanded my horizons quite a bit in the process. This site has been an absolute godsend for discovering new and active projects. I'm not opposed to giving artists money, but I'm not a gambler. :)

Really, one of the reasons I'm looking into rolling my own thing is simply for the pure challenge of it. I'd love to have a way to flex both my coding and writing chops. I've got a raging boner for sci-fi so that seems like a pretty good genre to target.

On one hand, that might be true. On the other hand, I nearly destroyed my liver getting through my cryptography electives.

I swear to god basically every assignment in that class would involve me breaking my brain over bullshit mathematical magic only to give up and go out drinking with friends. Then I'd wake up in the morning and find out that my homework was done. And apparently I'm a snarky drunk, because my comments got progressively more self deprecating as the semester went on lol
Yeah, it's pretty bad when Hyde starts insulting Jekyll like that. :p

I've never really drank myself to that point during a coding binge. Just enough to get a slight buzz and slow down my thoughts a bit. That said, I also don't have the pressures of college weighing on me anymore. That makes it a bit easier.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
after you fight the insane survivor do you ever find them again or anything?
If they're on a tile that can normally have NPCs spawn yes, but on usually-safe tiles no, you'll have to enslave them at that moment or lose them forever.

Last edited:

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
So how do I find her after like going into the ruins and battling her she runs off
If you are talking about the one from the quest that needs you to find two halves of a password, you don't. there is no continuation to that quest beyond unlocking molotov's at the gambling den. maybe one day we'll find out what happens to them, if Inno miraculously manages to pick development up to a reasonable pace, and the game doesn't collapse under it's own spaghetti coding.

theimpregnator

Jun 21, 2017
If you are talking about the one from the quest that needs you to find two halves of a password, you don't. there is no continuation to that quest beyond unlocking molotov's at the gambling den. maybe one day we'll find out what happens to them, if Inno miraculously manages to pick development up to a reasonable pace, and the game doesn't collapse under it's own spaghetti coding.
Thanks

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
Late but I couldn't help myself

>"Gross, this demon game about demons is getting over run with furries! Get these animal traits out of here!"

Stares at the Ars Goetia
Stares at the various historical records through out the years that describe the titular demoness having serpent and or bird like traits

But that's just me being petty lmao

Last edited:

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Late but I couldn't help myself

>"Gross, this demon game about demons is getting over run with furries! Get these animal traits out of here!"

Stares at the Ars Goetia
Stares at the various historical records through out the years that describe the titular demoness having serpent and or bird like traits

But that's just me being petty lmao
Stares at the Ars Goetia

stares at the description of the demon Leviathan

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes